The worst Neo Geo cover art?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
What do you think?

I would have to give it to Thrash Rally, I mean really, you look at that cover and it's four old balding, boring looking men. The acrylic paint style doesn't do it any favors either. How would that attract a teenager to play it back in the day? It looks like the kind of artwork you would expect on a 70's product, not something from the 90's.

BoxThrashRally.jpg

How uninspiring.

Old mate on the right looks like he's ripping a fart.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The whole premise is a bit odd I will give you that. Token roid boy standing on a park bench punches Terry who then falls from a great height onto a circus tent.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Depicted in the cover art is Terry and Andy. It's actually very accurate to the game, you can do 1P Vs 2P matches during the game. Though I don't think that exact setting is anywhere in the game (closest is Raiden's stage).

It may be bad, but I love it a lot. You can even see the artist's signature in the corner.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Possibly the worst and definitely the most homoerotic...

3 Count Bout American Box Art.jpg

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Right there. It is Mega Man NES bad.
View attachment 13461

swayze.roadhouse89.jpg

giphy.gif

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Totally Roadhouse Swayze.

I have to disagree that the FF cover is Mega Man bad. Mega Man is like fucked perspective, proportions, weirdness. Something you'd see on DeviantArt by MysticYOLO, but without ladydicks. FF isn't THAT BAD technically - just 80's airbrushed movie poster style.

Mega_Man_%u00252528NES%u00252529_US_Cover.jpg

Ninja Combat is my pick - seriously. LOL

BoxNinjaCombat.jpg

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Fatal Fury 1 US.
I prefer the Fatal Fury 1 US cover to the Japanese AES cover.
I think they thought it would appeal to the Americans more than the Japanese FF1 cover, that's probably why it's different. The fighters are changed to make them look more American than the renditions on the Japanese AES cover.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Super Sidekicks sucks, it's not even art. Plus that guy on the right looks like he's dropping a deuce in his shorts.

ss.jpeg

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I would have to agree with the US version of Fatal Fury, this one is not Neo related but is completely awful.
Strider%20(6).jpg

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Totally Roadhouse Swayze.

I have to disagree that the FF cover is Mega Man bad. Mega Man is like fucked perspective, proportions, weirdness. Something you'd see on DeviantArt by MysticYOLO, but without ladydicks. FF isn't THAT BAD technically - just 80's airbrushed movie poster style.

Ninja Combat is my pick - seriously. LOL

View attachment 13476

Mongoloids

landsharkzero

New Challenger
I would have to agree that Super Sidekicks is pretty bad. I have to put this one up, not Neo related, but possibly the worst cover art ever in a game.untitled.png

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If we're including stuff other than neo, it'd be this one.

100_1776.jpg

This one belongs to forum member beaglepuss.

Last edited:

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Not Neo, but hell. Russell Grant, that man has a face that makes games just fly off the shelves.

410KneUEwDL.jpg