The Star Soldier R Thread! (now with trailer).

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Wii Ware? Looks like it's coming out in Japan soon, as some sort of downloadable content?

Anyone know if we'll ever see this over in North America?

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I hope it gets a worldwide release. It would be stupid for them not to do it since it's on WiiWare.

dark penguin

cannonball said:
I hope it gets a worldwide release. It would be stupid for them not to do it since it's on WiiWare.

Yea, I'd really like to get my hands on it. Saw some screen caps...it looks like an update of Super Star Soldier from first glance, which is fine by me. Should look beautiful via component.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
It's gonna be hella shitty, 'cause it's on Wii ware. If it was on PSN, it might be cool though.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I'd buy it if it dropped on XBLA. The one on Gamecube was furiously tough. Shit gets crazy halfway in. I was always put off by having to play with the stock GC controller though. Hated the d-pad size/placement on that thing. Never got around to picking it up for PS2.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I think it looks great. I really like the idea of two and five minute play modes for high score. (even if that is all there is to it)

dark penguin

I'm wondering whether the Wiiware games will recognize a GC pad?

If so, I can get a ps2>GC connector and play with my HRAP2. If this is a full game, Star Soldier + HRAP is a great combination.

I love some of the backgrounds in that video...almost leads me to believe there will be more than a 2 or 5 minute score attack. Count me in if this thing is anything more than those two modes.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
wow, Im sold. I loved star soldier on NES, super star soldier on TG16, and I even liked the star soldier on PS2 as wacky as it looked. but this game looks tits up mate. I cant wait for this to come out. Hope it hits the states and I hope it has more than just the timed modes. Still fantastic looking.

dark penguin

Fakk2 said:
wow, Im sold. I loved star soldier on NES, super star soldier on TG16, and I even liked the star soldier on PS2 as wacky as it looked. but this game looks tits up mate. I cant wait for this to come out. Hope it hits the states and I hope it has more than just the timed modes. Still fantastic looking.

Yea, I'm pretty sure we're gettin it in NA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Soldier_R

The wiki page makes it sound like it will be a full game, not just score attacks.

dark penguin

Fakk2 said:
awesome! I definately look forward to this now. :) woohoo!

Looks like we'll be getting it in May. Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like Hudson is doing this in house instead of farming it out to an amateur dev team to make a quick buck.

And it looks like they have a Bomberman title for Wiiware as well.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
dark penguin said:
Looks like we'll be getting it in May. Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like Hudson is doing this in house instead of farming it out to an amateur dev team to make a quick buck.

And it looks like they have a Bomberman title for Wiiware as well.

a new bomberman? awesome, I love Hudson Soft. :) this is great news!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
oh hell yeah, this looks nice. can't wait for it to come to the states.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
last time i played star soldier was the one on the nintendo 64. man that was a fun game.