The Simpsons Movie - fuck 20 characters

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I have a feeling this is going to be horrible.

Shoulda happened 10 years ago.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Christ, I was hoping they could undo the suck that was the first trailer, but no, the theatrical trailer seems even worse. Basically all the soul has been sucked out of the Simpsons and replaced with at best mediocre, at worst unfunnay, gags.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
It's pretty amazing to me that they're still making simpsons content considering that they were seriously discussing pulling the plug back in '98 or before. I haven't seen the show in almost ten years now, but unless they've gotten some amazing writing talent I can't imagine it's worth watching at all.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Talen said:
but unless they've gotten some amazing writing talent I can't imagine it's worth watching at all.
Apparently the show still wins Emmys for "Outstanding Animated Half-Hour Program" or some bullshit like that.

So I guess there are the retarded, out of touch old people that still think it's hip.

aria

Former Moderator
LoneSage said:
So I guess there are the retarded, out of touch old people that still think it's hip.

It's either them or kids who honestly never watched The Simpsons with any meaningful memory before 2000.

SSS

neo retired
I can't remember the last Simpsons episode I actually lolled at. Was probably the one where homer is hypnotized and flashbacks to finding a dead body in the quarry. Then starts screaming non stop.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Simpsons has been terrible for ages.

They should've axed the show years ago.

aria

Former Moderator
Late said:

I knew things weren't going to be that simple when I took this class back in '99 where a bunch of Fox Executives came in and told us that they now viewed The Simpsons as their "Mickey" and they were going to push them to the forefront of the Fox family.

That's corporate speak for "we're beating this thing into the ground, until its liquidized, then we're taking the liquid and reforming the object and repeating it until the very atomic structure of the show comes apart and we have to pay some people to do it again (an "homage")."

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
aw come on, the spiderpig part was genious

aria

Former Moderator
smuf said:
aw come on, the spiderpig part was genious

Do you seriously base your movie watching habits on "if there was one mildly amusing joke in the trailer, then the movie must be worth watching"?

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Bobak said:
Do you seriously base your movie watching habits on "if there was one mildly amusing joke in the trailer, then the movie must be worth watching"?

No, I expect the movie to be pretty horrible.

aria

Former Moderator
This leads to an interesting question:

What movie are people more likely to watch?

The Simpsons or Transformers

This movie-watching summer is like the abusive uncle I never had as a child.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Transformers.

Movie of the Year 2007.

Academy Award sweep.

Bay knows what America wants.

nuff said.

The shittiest thing about the Simpsons are the preachy Lisa episodes, otherwise they are usually still good for a few laughs. The season finale 24 parody I found very good.

"Does anyone know Ahmed Adoodie?" ...come on that's old school.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
This will be more enjoyable than Transformers. By how much...well, that'll have wait to be seen. At least this will get actual laughs, rather than unintentional ones (probably a couple of those, though, too).

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Unless it's about Homer finding a perfect cps3 emulator, I just won't give a fuck.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Late said:

This is fucking sig material. A more true statement cannot be said by anyone in the entire world.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Bobak said:
It's either them or kids who honestly never watched The Simpsons with any meaningful memory before 2000.

Agreed! 2000 is when the show started to suck, in my opnion. There were a few that were kick ass between then and now but it's just "meh" now. The only good episodes in the last seven years are:

The one where Homer had a crayon in his brain

Marge had huge boobs

Marge had muscles

The 300th episode with Tony Hawk

The 400th episode with the 24 parody

The Super Bowl episode where Homer created his own dance (Lebron James and Yao Ming kinda ruined it, though)

The episode where Homer went in exile because he wouldn't give PBS their money. Best quote from this episode: Mr. Rogers: It's a beautiful day, to kick your ass!

This is all I can think of at the moment.

Peace and love
Maury V.