The real reason behind the new inserts (theory)

tbogard99

New Challenger
I have a theory about this whole insert/sticker reissue. I think it is just a big ploy for Shawn to unload all that extra AES stock he has on hand that has not been moving very fast. Playmore is likely doing this as a favor to him for being the official US AES distributor. I’m sure if Shawn wanted to he could sell these separate. But what better way to get rid of excess stock than to force people to buy AES games in order to get the new stuff. I don’t care enough about the new inserts to buy duplicate carts, but obviously some people are. I don’t have a problem with what Shawn is doing, but he could have told us the truth. My theory just makes more business sense then the explanation that has been feed to us.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
tbogard99 said:
I have a theory about this whole insert/sticker reissue. I think it is just a big ploy for Shawn to unload all that extra AES stock he has on hand that has not been moving very fast. Playmore is likely doing this as a favor to him for being the official US AES distributor. I’m sure if Shawn wanted to he could sell these separate. But what better way to get rid of excess stock than to force people to buy AES games in order to get the new stuff. I don’t care enough about the new inserts to buy duplicate carts, but obviously some people are. I don’t have a problem with what Shawn is doing, but he could have told us the truth. My theory just makes more business sense then the explanation that has been feed to us.

In retail, you've got to be business minded-it's no crime. I do hope these inserts help move AES titles. But, the bundle price points should be lower. Also, Neo-Store customers who bought sold out titles ROTD, MS4, etc. should be sold these inserts seperately. Bundling these inserts with unrelated AES titles is unfair to ROTD, MS4 customers.

I'm sure the pricing is SNKP's plan, as they rarely seem to listen to their customers. In Japan, collectors will buy just about anything they're into-price is of little concern. Westerners tend to be more value minded, & at some point will say, "This is too expensive". SNKP really needs to consider this.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
tbogard99 said:
I have a theory about this whole insert/sticker reissue. I think it is just a big ploy for Shawn to unload all that extra AES stock he has on hand that has not been moving very fast. Playmore is likely doing this as a favor to him for being the official US AES distributor. I’m sure if Shawn wanted to he could sell these separate. But what better way to get rid of excess stock than to force people to buy AES games in order to get the new stuff. My theory just makes more business sense then the explanation that has been feed to us.

Your "theory" is actually fact, PERIOD. that is EXACTLY what these inserts are for. to sell stock that Shawn qishes to move.
Even if playmore said that the artwork could not be sold seperately Shawn could have just sold them with one of the many less expensive items at the neo store. It is not hard to see what this really is all about. it's just a selling tactic as others have said. Lets let this whole topic go now O.K. it's getting old.