DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Last edited:

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Cheap and Cheerful?

Twas all aboot the fake blood mix.

(Although somehow the sebastiAn mix was in the top five mixmag chart of 2008? eh?)

That Iris track is lush, ta.

Song of the year. Hands down.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
The new Fischerspooner CD is good. Never really cared for them when they first came out, but grew on me after the hype died down.

Mesh is good too, but haven't put anything new out in 3 years.

Meat Beat Manifesto - probably one of my all time favorite artists. You really can't label Jack Danger's music, because he will turn around and do a 180 on the next album. Industrial, drum and bass, jazz, trip hop, dub, hip hop, dubstep, he's got it all covered.

I'm not really into futurepop. Except for a few acts, the genre is pretty stale. How many Covenant and VNV clones does the world need? :p

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
I guess my post might be a little more on the industrial side...but there is some good stuff in here:

Motor - Black Powder

Byran Black

Atsushi Sakurai - I hate you all

Thirwell does the background music for this.

Buck Tick - Limbo

Same Singer as the above video, not an official video.

SCHAFT - The Hero Inside

Raymond Watts of Pig and Imai Hisashi of Buck Tick

SCHWEIN - You're My Disease

Raymond Watts and Atsushi Sakurai.

Coil - The Snow

<3 Coil.

Skinny Puppy - Grave Wisdom

Not an official Video

I could go on for hours though ill keep it at that for now. If people want some more links/recommendations let me know.

Darren870

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
The new Fischerspooner CD is good. Never really cared for them when they first came out, but grew on me after the hype died down.

Mesh is good too, but haven't put anything new out in 3 years.

Meat Beat Manifesto - probably one of my all time favorite artists. You really can't label Jack Danger's music, because he will turn around and do a 180 on the next album. Industrial, drum and bass, jazz, trip hop, dub, hip hop, dubstep, he's got it all covered.

I'm not really into futurepop. Except for a few acts, the genre is pretty stale. How many Covenant and VNV clones does the world need? :p

Mesh is a favorite of mine, The Point At Which It Falls Apart is a classic, very Depeche Mode inspired, but that's hardly a bad thing. My Defender and People Like Me (With This Gun) are two songs I'm particularly fond of.

On the subject of Futurepop, while I agree there are lots of acts riding on the success of VNV Nation (sucks that I'm missing them tonight in Philly) and Covenant, there are still a few acts that are definitely worth your time. Apoptygma Berzerk, Icon of Coil, Pride & Fall and Seabound are all groups who stand out among the crowd of imitators as extremely talented artists in the Futurepop genre.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Mesh is a favorite of mine, The Point At Which It Falls Apart is a classic, very Depeche Mode inspired, but that's hardly a bad thing. My Defender and People Like Me (With This Gun) are two songs I'm particularly fond of.

On the subject of Futurepop, while I agree there are lots of acts riding on the success of VNV Nation (sucks that I'm missing them tonight in Philly) and Covenant, there are still a few acts that are definitely worth your time. Apoptygma Berzerk, Icon of Coil, Pride & Fall and Seabound are all groups who stand out among the crowd of imitators as extremely talented artists in the Futurepop genre.

My original idea was to go to see VNV Nation in NYC and Philly. After hearing their new album I'm kind of glad I missed out on this show. I was shocked on how boring they're starting to sound. The new album sounded way to generic for me. Mesh on the other hand hasn't let me down with every sequential release of their's.

I recommend:

Skorbut - Phantom Pain

Alphaville - Dance With Me (Sebastian Komor remix 2009)

Standeg - Replikant

Ladytron - Runaway

Technoir - Manifesto

Darren870

My original idea was to go to see VNV Nation in NYC and Philly. After hearing their new album I'm kind of glad I missed out on this show. I was shocked on how boring they're starting to sound. The new album sounded way to generic for me. Mesh on the other hand hasn't let me down with every sequential release of their's.

I've seen VNV live, id say its definitely a pass. Very boring and they just stand there and express there views.

Though I don't really like VNV so maybe im biased...I only went because my gf likes them.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I've seen VNV live, id say its definitely a pass. Very boring and they just stand there and express there views.

Though I don't really like VNV so maybe im biased...I only went because my gf likes them.

Their shows have gone from good to boring through the years. I've seen them live before many times and even when they opened up for Apoptygma Berzerk during the "Welcome to Earth Tour". They stole the show. The Futureperfect and PastPerfect tours were the last good ones IMHO. The last time I saw VNV was while they were promoting Judgement. And One opened and the VNV set went something like this.

Every other track from Judgement:

Honour:

Talk about people on Myspace.

BS about getting the session player a beer sans roofies.

Left Behind dedicated to the girl that passed away in England.

Jokes about NJ and Myspace (it never ends).

Beloved.