The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Fuck the mini and that stupid heart bag I'll take the wench instead!

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Oh. I skimmed through the video, didn't really see the part where they used the joystick. I guess I wrongfully assumed that at least they couldn't fuck that up.

Kinda bummed about the pad, really. Even with the changed button layout, it'd be a nice, fresh USB NGCD pad for PC usage if they didn't fuck it up.
All of this. God damn it.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'll get one and find a way to add a proper mini joystick to it. I'd bet the control panel PCB is separate from the motherboard. Design a new PCB, add proper joystick, button placement (maybe user configurable). It shouldn't be too hard.

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
I'll get one and find a way to add a proper mini joystick to it. I'd bet the control panel PCB is separate from the motherboard. Design a new PCB, add proper joystick, button placement (maybe user configurable). It shouldn't be too hard.

Yeah, I think if you could drop the height of the controller PCB slightly, adding in some Omron mouse switches shouldn't be too hard. Now the real challenge would be to try and cram a Sanwa JLF into it!

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I read an article that mentioned SNK looking into also making an arcade stick for the mini, which would definitely be nice. I'm hopeful that its of better build quality than the NEO GEO X stick.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I read an article that mentioned SNK looking into also making an arcade stick for the mini, which would definitely be nice. I'm hopeful that its of better build quality than the NEO GEO X stick.

link?

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member

They released the first production photo of their new arcade stick:
s-l1600.jpg

(:loco: I lost faith in SNK to ever create a decent product again)

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
They would be better off letting you use a USBC to A adapter and allow the software emulator to use PS3/4 sticks. One thing they have at least got right is the 4:3 aspect ratio of the LCD screen, it could have been worse i.e. Hyperkin SuperBoy S....

Definitely agree with at least SNK getting the screen ratio correct, hopefully an adapter would work.

I'm actually curious to see if the pads are compatible with the switch for use on the ACA NEO Geo games on the eshop

They would be better off letting you use a USBC to A adapter and allow the software emulator to use PS3/4 sticks. One thing they have at least got right is the 4:3 aspect ratio of the LCD screen, it could have been worse i.e. Hyperkin SuperBoy S....