The Market Purge - ROT Style... Starts post 944.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
I got banned. I dont blame you guys. For the ones who have been around for ever they do not deserve to be scammed by some asshole coming in off the street

I_17f62d_1270335.jpg

You're not banned you just don't have access to the marketplace, be apart of the community and it will be undone. It's more than just about the scammers.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
but I'm not here and never have been to sell, so I shouldn't be blocked because of that.

It's not really about Selling or Buying. It's about making sure the priority for the market is there for those who contribute to the community. There were plenty of Vultures who swirled around the sales threads (especially for neo carts) who would swoop in before established members even had a chance to look. And while the choice of who to sell to does fall on the seller, it's because of this behavior that recently many sellers have said that they will ONLY sell to established members.

And personally, I always liked it alot better when the things I sold went to someone I know, and how did know I them? because we exchanged dialogue among the forums, because we were part of the community.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I won't lie, I thought this morning "I wonder if Ash B got the boot." I even asked KP if you did before I saw this. :lolz:

Hey, no worries on my end if I was. I've sold tons of stuff here at a loss and if you ever check between here and KLOV my prices on Neo are always lower. Between the Marines, school, fatherhood and pinball there is not much time to goof off on forums for me. So I would understand if I was banned.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Hey, no worries on my end if I was. I've sold tons of stuff here at a loss and if you ever check between here and KLOV my prices on Neo are always lower. Between the Marines, school, fatherhood and pinball there is not much time to goof off on forums for me. So I would understand if I was banned.

What you just said is why you're not banned.

indierocklocks

Armored Scrum Object
I personally am just getting a kick out of the sob stories and people who joined over a decade ago with 50 posts (or less) coming out of the woodwork just to say this is a "good thing". Funny how you can post all of the sudden. I admittedly use the marketplace a lot...but I was in my arcade honeymoon phase.

Looks like it's time to post my collection and have people call me out...for no human being ever having enough time to play all them gaymez. ;D

Tacitus

Staff member
I personally am just getting a kick out of the sob stories and people who joined over a decade ago with 50 posts (or less) coming out of the woodwork just to say this is a "good thing". Funny how you can post all of the sudden. I admittedly use the marketplace a lot...but I was in my arcade honeymoon phase.

Looks like it's time to post my collection and have people call me out...for no human being ever having enough time to play all them gaymez. ;D

Please. You're a good dude, I know you and we've met. I wish you'd post more, tbh.

theMot

Moterator.
I personally am just getting a kick out of the sob stories and people who joined over a decade ago with 50 posts (or less) coming out of the woodwork just to say this is a "good thing".

Tbh I am a little disappointed with the wet lettuce type reactions we are getting. I was really hoping for a few full scale melt downs.

Tacitus

Staff member
Tbh I am a little disappointed with the wet lettuce type reactions we are getting. I was really hoping for a few full scale melt downs.

Some of them are occurring off-forum or behind closed doors. ;)

Tacitus

Staff member

I watched as a "big name" was pulled, clicked the Why thread, clicked the market rules, clicked the why thread, clicked the market rules, then clicked EACH AND EVERY MODERATOR'S PROFILE IN AN ATTEMPT TO PM THEM, then click their email links, then attempt to logout/login to clear it.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen and it was in slow motion. I can only imagine them furious behind their keyboard screaming, "How the FUCK could this happen to ME?"

indierocklocks

Armored Scrum Object
Please. You're a good dude, I know you and we've met. I wish you'd post more, tbh.

Thanks VT. No worries, I'll be posting. I mean, shit, I need SOMETHING to keep me entertained at work.

I still have faith. I would elaborate my theories but I don't want to scare off those ready to snap. Can we get someone in here to rile them up already?

TLH

Crazed MVS Addict
Well, have you thought about this carefully? An attorney for over 20yrs, I believe that this political maneuver smacks of tortious interference with a contract. For example, if you were in the process of selling or buying on the forum and got shut down, then its likely that the market ban affected you in a negative way. What I would like to know is if there is enough pissed off people out there to put up the funds for a lawsuit. Think I am kidding? Neo-geo.com is not just a shadow, but likely incorporated to protect its shareholders, owner or official people involved. That means, as a corporation it can be sued and cannot tortuously interfere with an existing contractual relationship even if it was through the neo geo engine. Come on pissed off members, rain money down so that we can start this process. How is that for a melt down?

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
Well, have you thought about this carefully? An attorney for over 20yrs, I believe that this political maneuver smacks of tortious interference with a contract. For example, if you were in the process of selling or buying on the forum and got shut down, then its likely that the market ban affected you in a negative way. What I would like to know is if there is enough pissed off people out there to put up the funds for a lawsuit. Think I am kidding? Neo-geo.com is not just a shadow, but likely incorporated to protect its shareholders, owner or official people involved. That means, as a corporation it can be sued and cannot tortuously interfere with an existing contractual relationship even if it was through the neo geo engine. Come on pissed off members, rain money down so that we can start this process. How is that for a melt down?

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?183093-MARKET-RULES

LUCKILY FOR US, THE MARKET RULES WERE WRITTEN BY A LAW PROFESSOR.

THE USERS CONSENT TO DISCIPLINE BY THE MODERATION TEAM FOR THE BEHAVIOR WE DISCIPLINED.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
Wait, there are shareholders?

Damn I missed the boat on this one.

Someone get CEO Shawn on the horn. I'm a suing!

TLH

Crazed MVS Addict
Law professor or not, the market rules don't discuss banning existing members from the market place during legal appropriate transactions. This is dangerous behavior by the power that be. This move was not to prevent scammers, it was to create more interest in posting at the expense of long time members who have never been disciplined for any bad conduct. Also, have you considered this, its not whether or not you could win a lawsuit against your host corporation and IP provider, its the hassle in dealing with one. Was this really worth it?

TLH

Crazed MVS Addict
sorry Mot, don't send money here, the idea was to prompt real discussion about whether or not this was a good idea or whether or not there was perhaps a better way to encourage more posts like< I don't know a request..

theMot

Moterator.
Law professor or not, the market rules don't discuss banning existing members from the market place during legal appropriate transactions. This is dangerous behavior by the power that be. This move was not to prevent scammers, it was to create more interest in posting at the expense of long time members who have never been disciplined for any bad conduct. Also, have you considered this, its not whether or not you could win a lawsuit against your host corporation and IP provider, its the hassle in dealing with one. Was this really worth it?

iStock_000010515032XSmall.jpg

nickv

New Challenger
I'm banned now. I didn't realize cause I'm busy threw the summer with other stuff and kids. I usually keep to the arcade stuff in the fall and winter when I have a lot more time and the kids are at school. I will try to post more stuff. It is what it is.

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
"The owners of Neo-Geo Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason."

YOU CONSENTED TO THIS POLICY WHEN YOU JOINED THE FORUM

TLH

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks J Dred, I checked your PM and from my experience, I don't think your covered. You can clearly ban offensive speech and behavior, but whether you can cut off existing transactions for no apparent reason maybe a issue of first impression. All I am saying, is I don't think that this was a good idea. Existing members should have had some warning and I can't see how cutting off legit members from the market place and suspending privileges prevents would be scammers. I am not suing, but some one could...

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
... tortious interference with a contract ....

:lolz:

Sorry, didn't pass the laugh test.

.... Also, have you considered this, its not whether or not you could win a lawsuit against your host corporation and IP provider, its the hassle in dealing with one. Was this really worth it?

Sounds litigious--no.

Last edited:

TLH

Crazed MVS Addict
I guess we have a discussion. Sorry, nothing in your forum rules not even 2.6 allows a discretionary decision against rule abiding members banning them from the market place and vitiating a transaction that has already started.