The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Great news about Xbox. i suppose there might be some disappointed Xbox One owners, but I'm glad the nextgen-only option was on the table, rather than foregoing an Xbox version entirely. I'm sure scaling the game across so many platforms is already difficult enough. (Too bad there's no beefier Switch Pro to put it on.) All we need now is crossplay...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Yesterday's silhouette looks a lot like it'll be Ramon. We'll see later today.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Never understood why they never have Ramon a luchador mask. He would look a helluva lot better.

They also need to change that hideous costume.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
A luchador mask wouldn't really fall in line with SNK's design language for him. I dig that he doesn't have one and bucks the stereotype.

His costume looks great this time around.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
This Ramon looks a hell of a lot better than this Vanessa.

But it still all looks like steaming shit for something that's coming out on PS5 in the year 2022. There are multiple mobile (air quotes) "fighting" games that came out 6 years ago and look more polished. It's insanity that this is considered in any way acceptable.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
Maybe they’ll opt for a DLC costume this game, I guess we’ll see if Angel rounds out team Mexico…

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I must admit that STK's disappointment in KOF XV has become my main reason for staying tuned to this thread.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Finding out The Kid's favorite KOF character is Vanessa made me go :spock:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Finding out The Kid's favorite KOF character is Vanessa made me go :spock:
It's shocking that this could be a surprise to the keeper of my canon. I know I've stated Vanessa being my favorite multiple times since 2003. Other favorites being Ramon, Angel, a few others. 2002 being my favorite installment. But to be honest, I'm not so much a KOF fan anyway, compared to Fatal Fury, AoF, etc.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Is that the first time they show that slug stage?

edit: apparently was first introduced for Clark and friends - hadn’t seen it shown since. Needs more play.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Man, missed opportunity to bring back Tizoc/Griffon Mask.

"Shatter all expectations", my ass. Fucking SNK...

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Wish Rick S was on deck. I’m ok w/ more than one boxer, the way we have more than one shooto/flames/grapplers/orochi types.

Rick could even do things like Balrog’s headbutt, or other throws that his size lends itself to, and Vanessa’s prevents her from doing.

Dino mask is ugh, tail is stupid; agreed it’s a missed opportunity to bring back Tizoc.

I want to like this installment; I just can’t jump the hurdles that the current dev team have put up.

This is how I feel about SFV also; tried many times to like it…too much about it rubs me the wrong way.

SFV is the worst game in the main franchise since the first one. gameplay sure i suppose is better than sf vs tekken and the new characters introduced are better than the new ones from sf4 but overall the gameplay, presentation and ofc in game purchases/dlc costs etc etc just so so poor, if it werent called sf im positive it would have gotten twice as much criticism then it already has. So glad i didnt pay for my copy.

just curious how does everyone feel about the background so far for new kof? yes graphics arent great but I quite like the designs.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I love that Slug stage! Look the game isn't breaking the graphics barriers but then I dunno where they'd make the improvements anyway seeing as it's very cartoony.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
looks like a Reddit poll full of casuals voted in this roster so far....a lot of popular picks by normies and pillowfuckers.

All my pessimistic expectations have been completely met so far. Next trailer will be angel now?

Oh......cool......

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Look the game isn't breaking the graphics barriers but then I dunno where they'd make the improvements anyway seeing as it's very cartoony.
Well, the answer is in the question. They could start to make improvements by not having it be so cartoony. Cartoony wasn't SNK's thing in their classic era, and now just looks like yet another way they're biting off of Capcom. Even something fans don't like about Capcom. It would be one thing if fans liked SF4 & SF5's cartoony characters, but as far as I've ever seen, no one does.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well, the answer is in the question. They could start to make improvements by not having it be so cartoony. Cartoony wasn't SNK's thing in their classic era, and now just looks like yet another way they're biting off of Capcom. Even something fans don't like about Capcom. It would be one thing if fans liked SF4 & SF5's cartoony characters, but as far as I've ever seen, no one does.
I'm of the same opinion. I really think they should've gone the way of Arc System Works. It would have given them the 2D look that fans want and allowed for that gritty classic look. Hopefully in 16...