The Ki Atsushi/LWK Trump Supporter Topic

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Of all the things Trump is doing, the one all y'all should be enraged over is his plans for the EPA.

I just don't understand all these climate change doubters. They only care about deregulating the EPA so they can line their pockets (or supporters pockets) with more money, peoples health and the planets health be damned. Reagan tried that in the early 80s and got roasted by putting Anne Gorsuch in charge as the Administrator.

And getting rid of federal environmental regulations and moving them to a state level? Bitch, please. Like air, water or soil contamination cares about state lines.

Full disclosure: I've worked at the EPA for almost 10 years, so I am familiar with the scientist and the work they do. Junk science? No way. These people are very serious about their work.

I was just saying the same thing to my wife. The stupid shit with immigrants, the nominee for education secretary, etc <-- These can be easily fixed. Cleaning up the environment after the EPA is rendered impotent and polluters run wild is another matter entirely.

BTW, thanks for the work you do!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Good point. The environment issue is bizarre. One would think the system was stronger than this.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Good point. The environment issue is bizarre. One would think the system was stronger than this.

I don't see why this is so surprising. "The 1%" make their money off of banking, big business, and oil, all of which are more easily and more profitably acquired when there are no ecological restrictions. They have a hard-on for oil and pollution. Trump said he was one of us normal guys. I'm being very diplomatic here when I say it takes a willful sense of ignorance to have believed that. It was completely obvious that he'd appoint his rich banker friends into the government and they'd push for unmitigated business and therefore environmental destruction, despite his promise to "drain the swamp". The only thing worse than a career politician is a billionaire, and now we've got more of those than ever running the country. Unrestricted capitalism and acting as the world police are what have weakened our lower and middle classes as well as our reputation in the world. NONE of what Trump has done should be a surprise.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I don't see why this is so surprising. "The 1%" make their money off of banking, big business, and oil, all of which are more easily and more profitably acquired when there are no ecological restrictions. They have a hard-on for oil and pollution. Trump said he was one of us normal guys. I'm being very diplomatic here when I say it takes a willful sense of ignorance to have believed that. It was completely obvious that he'd appoint his rich banker friends into the government and they'd push for unmitigated business and therefore environmental destruction, despite his promise to "drain the swamp". The only thing worse than a career politician is a billionaire, and now we've got more of those than ever running the country. Unrestricted capitalism and acting as the world police are what have weakened our lower and middle classes as well as our reputation in the world. NONE of what Trump has done should be a surprise.

Meanwhile the masses get distracted by non-issues hyped up by corporate media owned by other billionaires.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Not going to get super involved...

I selected Trump for many personal reasons, one is the fact that 2008-9 were very rough years in terms of finding work. Our development was at a standstill and I was constantly being outbid by Russians who had a full on illegal Mexican labor force. Imagine getting the bid on a large hotel renovation and completing phase 1 under budget, under the timeframe and ready to start on phase 2 - only to walk in and see a bunch of illegals putting up walls with screws. What happened? Got my draw from one phase of a 10 phase remodel - contract essentially torn up and having to tell my guys there's no work.

That was to take us through winter into May. I don't like doing little shit jobs like bathrooms and handyman shit. But guess what I HAD to do so my mortgage was paid? I was shunned out of a $4m contract to do shit work.

It happened 3 times that year. I'm not going into detail on all of them.

Illegal labor kills honest Americans living.

It's still happening now.

A lot of other personal observations such as free healthcare/food stamps/welfare money being misused and abused while people I know of that really could use a pick me up are denied because they don't have 14 kids.

But y'all want to bring refugees over to get free healthcare/food/housing while I pay for it? Fuck no.

I'm not worried about terrorists being in groups of refugees - and while I think Trump could have done better on the travel ban, I don't disagree with it.

Sometimes you gotta take a step back and think "is this REALLY that life altering, or can I make it through this?"

Or you can whine and cry about it everyday.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
That's wormwood.

The system that's been eroding at least as far back as Ford's preemptive pardon of Nixon is collapsing in earnest.

Yeah, I mean, I agree with Trump's sentiment that the government is corrupt / lazy / greedy, and that needs to be fixed. But obviously, Donald was only going to make things worse. Bernie was too scary for most people. So hopefully next time we get someone who wants to eliminate those above qualities but has a tame enough public persona.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Trump doesn't use lube, so maybe people will be more apt to notice they're getting fucked. That's the best thing I can say about him.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Like, John Yoo is posting articles about Trump abusing power. If John Yoo were in fucking jail, there might not be a need for him to voice these concerns.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I selected Trump for many personal reasons, one is the fact that 2008-9 were very rough years in terms of finding work. Our development was at a standstill and I was constantly being outbid by Russians who had a full on illegal Mexican labor force. Imagine getting the bid on a large hotel renovation and completing phase 1 under budget, under the timeframe and ready to start on phase 2 - only to walk in and see a bunch of illegals putting up walls with screws. What happened? Got my draw from one phase of a 10 phase remodel - contract essentially torn up and having to tell my guys there's no work.

So you voted for the guy who did the thing that hurt you so much?

And you use the word cuck so much.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Hopefully immigration control stops this, so I don't have to worry about what Trump did in 1980.

What about his hotel in Dubai built by human trafficked labor from Pakistan and India? People promised twice what they actually earn, passports taken away, return flights inaccessible, all to slap up a golf course in the desert. Exploiting cheap polish labor in the 80s. Exploiting cheap Pakistani labor now. Only difference is now it's done outside of America. So that "they took our jobs!" Crowd isn't so vocal. But it's tantamount to slave labor. But sure they're brown so who cares?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vice-on-hbo-dubai-workers-trump-international-golf-club

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
A lot of other personal observations such as free healthcare/food stamps/welfare money being misused and abused while people I know of that really could use a pick me up are denied because they don't have 14 kids.
Let's say we made those programs more inclusive, then, rather than eliminating them. Would that not help?

But y'all want to bring refugees over to get free healthcare/food/housing while I pay for it? Fuck no.
How much "free healthcare/food/housing" do you believe a refugee gets? How much does a native citizen get? What kind of problems arise when a refugee crisis is left unmitigated?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Got my personal opinion and reasons. Not here to debate, did plenty of that pre election.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Every heard of the bank bailouts?
Don't worry - they're about to weasel out of their punishment when we scrap all the regulations from the 2008 crash.

Got my personal opinion and reasons. Not here to debate, did plenty of that pre election.

I encourage you to look up relevant statistics, regardless. Good luck.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Don't worry - they're about to weasel out of their punishment when we scrap all the regulations from the 2008 crash.

Their "punishment" was (is) a joke. They were symbolic and toothless.

The "too big to fails" are now bigger. They need to be broken up, and Glass-Steagall needs to be reinstated. All this other bullshit just makes the megabanks more powerful by weeding out those that cannot afford the legal muscle required to exploit the new laws.

Not holding out much hope for Trump on this one, lol.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
For the record, I have an entire group of LEGAL brown people working for me. Guatemala to be precise.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Their "punishment" was (is) a joke. They were symbolic and toothless.

The "too big to fails" are now bigger. They need to be broken up, and Glass-Steagall needs to be reinstated. All this other bullshit just makes the megabanks more powerful by weeding out those that cannot afford the legal muscle required to exploit the new laws.

Not holding out much hope for Trump on this one, lol.

Yeah, pretty sure his expressed intent to remove banking regulations to protect investors from brokers is exactly what America doesn't need at all. Predatory brokers squeezing pension checks from old people on the horizon. Yet Aliens vilified.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Oh my god - Betsy DeVos got the confirmation?

Holy fucking shit.