The Jigen Memorial MVS Label List Project - Beta Rollout

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
I saw JPN Legit labels for the bolded ones at Yahoo Japan before, all more than once.

Thanks, I'll note that, also of note, we've decided that King of Fighters 2003 and Metal Slug 5 only have Japanese PCB labels, and that the Japanese SNK vs. Capccom CHAOS label is only on the PCB but just like the english PCB label.

Also, the bottom right is ROTD right?
punimoepunimoe-img390x457-1114124501rom001.jpg

Lastly I'm still doubting how legit the US and Korean Money Puzzle labels are in the project, anyone have any input?

Last edited:

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Just emailed Briggs with a pic of the Japanese Puzzle De Pon! cart.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
Thanks, I'll note that, also of note, we've decided that King of Fighters 2003 and Metal Slug 5 only have Japanese PCB labels, and that the Japanese SNK vs. Capccom CHAOS label is only on the PCB but just like the english PCB label.

Also, the bottom right is ROTD right?
punimoepunimoe-img390x457-1114124501rom001.jpg

Lastly I'm still doubting how legit the US and Korean Money Puzzle labels are in the project, anyone have any input?

The bottom right is Mahjong Minasanno.

AFAIK an actual Japanese ROTD is still in Romanji letters, I have a ROTD with a legit label, but it's not the same as the US one. Also, I have seen 2 Yahoo Japan Auctions for ROTD, both of which had the same Romanji label as mine.

lithy

20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
The bottom right is Mahjong Minasanno.

AFAIK an actual Japanese ROTD is still in Romanji letters, I have a ROTD with a legit label, but it's not the same as the US one. Also, I have seen 2 Yahoo Japan Auctions for ROTD, both of which had the same Romanji label as mine.

doh saw Eolith not Monolith, ok so here I found these today

ROTD
rotdjpn.jpg

Slug 4
slug4jpn.jpg

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
Wow that is awesome... what a great way to make a tribute to Clint! :)
I had no idea they had that many korean labeled MVS carts...

Fight Fever label has the korean characters: "Hwang Joong Hwang". My friend translated it to be "King of the Kings" or "Best of the Best" something along that line.

Hope that helps...

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
i have an interesting story about daisuke jigen. in 2002 (i think) i went to cge 2k2. i saw a kid who was hooked up to a breather hanging out at NGF's booth. i had no idea who he was, i just saw a kid hooked up to a breather and he liked neo-geos. that was the infamous year when Dion was shredding the aes inserts and he was half ripping out jigen's neck for a picture. i didnt realize who he was until i saw that pic on this site. God rest his soul. R.I.P. amigo.

lithy

20 Year Member
bump for Briggs :)

I'll keep the ones I added hosted for as long as possible.

Robyn

Formerlyinmemoryofclint
wow. this is great. thanks to you all. if you don't know, clint was my brother, i was his youngest sister, i just wanted to say thanks

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
how is your family doing? a loss is always hard. rip to your brother. take care.

machfive

n00b
Holy christ, this is exactly what I've been looking for! I hope the site continues with updates as more fans send in scans.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I don't know if this has been mentioned before (I think i submitted this idea on suggestion).

first of all, what was the date he died or his birthday?

reason i asked is because a year or 2 after his death, a lot (or a couple) of people here dedicated a Rez session to the memory of Jigen.

i'd like to submit the idea to do this an annual event in their memory as a gamer and member of this community.

thank you

(I hope my comment doesn't offend anyone)

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
I think an annual Rez session is a great idea.

And why isn't Sifl on the memorial page?

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Now that this is bumped, I submitted one of the requested Japanese labels a long time ago. Not sure if the section's being updated or not though.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Giga Power said:
I think an annual Rez session is a great idea.

And why isn't Sifl on the memorial page?

Odd, I had the urge to play some Rez the other night, so I dusted it off and spent a good 45 minutes with it. RIP Clint.

Great source for info. Whenever I have doubts about a carts authenticity I will look here first for sure.

H

hercule18

Hi,

Maybe you already know it but hrdmvs is not responding anymore instead of the site we have this message:

This site has been suspended!

R.I.P. Hardmvs

Bye

Herc.:confused:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hi,

I've sent to him 3 japanese labels missing, but no answer!

Is everything ok? Does someone have an updated contact?

A 4th is on the way ;)

Shogeki

n00b
kof2001.png

Kof2001 JPN.

Also a couple of mvs never came out in Japan so don't bother looking for their labels:

- Futsal
- Pop'n bounce (Gapporin)
- Super Dodge Ball
- Ganryu
- Puzzle Bobble 2
- Puzzle de Pon! R
- Techmo World Soccer '96
- Bang Bead

Last edited: