The I Liek Skydiving Thread!

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Hello, everybody.

I finally went skydiving for the first time today. I've been wanting to go for a while, but now I am dating a girl who is into the sport, so I had no choice anymore. :p

My first jump was a tandem jump, but I must say it was an awesome experience. I'll definitely be doing it again, but next time, I will be doing it solo (Accelerated Free Fall).

Anybody else here into skydiving or been? What have your experiences been?

PS. I have a video of the jump, but it is in DVD format. Can anyone help me convert to a Windows Media Player or Google Real Player format?

EDIT: I have since added the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11k7n7kOH54

Thanks to OMF2097 for helping me figure out how to do it.

Pics:

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow. I can count the number of girls I'd ever jump out
of a plane for with one or two fingers.
I talked with a friend of mine who used to jump competetively
back when it was alot cheaper (he would make multiple jumps in one day)
and he seems to love it.
sold all of his camera equipment to do it too.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i've been wanting to do this for over a decade, but all i think about is death.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Pretty cool for you!
I would only try this if I could somehow equip myself with a few very large airbags.
BB

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Very cool pictures. I have always thought about trying it but my fear of heights stops me.:scratch:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Nice pics bibliophile. Skydiving is one of the few extreme things i'd definitely do. I doubt there is a rush better than skydiving.

Is that Bobak?

No that's his cousin Robak.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Very cool pictures! It looks like a blast, I'd love to jump myself but I have a bit of a fear of heights.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
That's awesome! I can do the conversion from DVD to WMV if you'd like. If you find a way to get the video to me I can send you the file back. PM me and we'll sort out the details.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice girl Bibs, she looks cute! I've skydived back in Colombia and yes the rush is pretty much uncomparable. The only thing I could say it comes close is hand gliding which I used to get a higher adrenaline pump (or way more scared if you will) from it. Funny thing is the first time I did it was during service with the air force, I was thrown out there 'cause I didn't wanna jump and was almost cut around the throat by the safety line...ahhh good times...

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Nice girl Bibs, she looks cute! I've skydived back in Colombia and yes the rush is pretty much uncomparable. The only thing I could say it comes close is hand gliding which I used to get a higher adrenaline pump (or way more scared if you will) from it. Funny thing is the first time I did it was during service with the air force, I was thrown out there 'cause I didn't wanna jump and was almost cut around the throat by the safety line...ahhh good times...

You served back in Colombia?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, it's obligatory for everyone that graduates, once you're done you get your Military Card which is a requisite for employement and such. Most folks end up doing service with the army, but I have family in the air force so it was easy to get in, unfortunately 'cause I'm not 20/20 I couldn't get to fly "officially" :(. In Colombia being in the Air Force or Navy is like a parade compared to the Army.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
That's amazing

Congratulations!

I want to do that badly :D

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Let me know if the sex was worth it, Bib.

Otherwise - you'll never see me jump out of a plane. I just don't think I could go through with it. It would probably end up like one of those sit-com moments where the instructor would have to push me out, and then my chute would fail, I would land in bail of hay and break all of my bones and end up in a full body cast for a year.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
I'll be going for the first time July 4th weekend! Cant wait!
Awesome pics!

Ron, you're going to love it.

Are you going tandem or planning a solo jump?

When I went, I was excited the whole time, and I wasn't nervous at all... until.... you are at the door looking down at the earth. Then for a split second, you are wondering "what the heck am I doing here?" :lolz: Then you jump and you are like "this is awesome" again.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Out of curiosity is there really a emergency reserve parachute or is that just a Hollywood plot device. I believe melchia also did this a little while back also.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
before opening this thread I imagined a hairball floating down to earth.