The Expendables 3

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I just wanna know who is gonna be the villain's right hand man. I say that because as these movies show, the right hand man is always a bad ass and gets the worst death. Gary Daniels in the first and Scott Adkins in the second.

O.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just wanna know who is gonna be the villain's right hand man. I say that because as these movies show, the right hand man is always a bad ass and gets the worst death. Gary Daniels in the first and Scott Adkins in the second.

O.

Right hand man in one of these should Al Leong or Bolo Yeung. I would also accept Marc Dacascos.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I had fun watching the first two movies, didn't go in expecting anything and got a good hour and half out of it. For mindless I loved Red 2, John Malkovich can make any movie entertaining and this one was hilarious all the way through.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

O.
Speaking of Scott Adkins being underused, so was Gary Daniels. Guy is amazing but gets made to look like a complete chump in that final fight scene. Dude killed Shin. Enough said.

Also, I can't tell you how disappointed I was with the JCVD & Stallone showdown in EX2. Van Damme did 2x split kicks. That was it.

Comments like "You've been back enough... I'll be back" followed by a shrug and "Yippeekiyay" had me cringing on par with a slow-burning stroke though...

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
What surprises me is how some of the cast can work with Gibson given how it's public knowledge what Gibson believes about certain demographics.

You forgot about Stone Cold

Speaking of Scott Adkins being underused,

Also, I can't tell you how disappointed I was with the JCVD & Stallone showdown in EX2. Van Damme did 2x split kicks. That was it.

I take it your a Undisputed 2/3 fan.

Dude JCVD is not the same guy from Blood Sport. He is old and recovering hopefully from a drug addiction. Two split kicks were all that you got, had he done another he probably would have had another heart attack.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What surprises me is how some of the cast can work with Gibson given how it's public knowledge what Gibson believes about certain demographics.

You forgot about Stone Cold

I take it your a Undisputed 2/3 fan.

Dude JCVD is not the same guy from Blood Sport. He is old and recovering hopefully from a drug addiction. Two split kicks were all that you got, had he done another he probably would have had another heart attack.

Eh... Whatever. People who carry grudges over what has nothing to do with them are weak minded.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

Fun little read.

I'd still SEE a Bruce Willis movie, but I have to know beforehand he's not jut mailing it in.

It's why I can't stand the garden variety Adam Sandler movie. It's just formula garbage that doesn't even try.

I'm starting to feel this way about Will Ferrel, too.

All these guys ARE talented. I just don't want to pay money to watch them not try.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I think you're just nitpicking. I know I didn't expect to be blown away by the plot or acting. I was in for the guns, one liners and explosions and I got what I paid for.

And this is exactly why terrible movies without coherent plots continue to be made

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Right hand man in one of these should Al Leong or Bolo Yeung. I would also accept Marc Dacascos.

Was that some sort of sick joke? Al leong has suffered a stroke that rendered his right hand useless.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Fun little read.

I'd still SEE a Bruce Willis movie, but I have to know beforehand he's not jut mailing it in.

It's why I can't stand the garden variety Adam Sandler movie. It's just formula garbage that doesn't even try.

I'm starting to feel this way about Will Ferrel, too.

All these guys ARE talented. I just don't want to pay money to watch them not try.

Not to get too off topic here but I would put more blame on the shareholder studio execs that see a certain formula work so they just want that over and over. When Loopz was working in L.A. he told me that was more than common at all the temp/studio work he got there.

Now regarding EX3 it will be fun and awesome like the other 2. Just what I want out of these movies.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
So hyped for this. Gotta admit, i'm kinda sad that this one is the last one. There's still a few more washed up 80s action heroes to cram in here.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I hope to see Terry Crews get some more line, he's fucking brilliant in Brooklyn 9-9

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Terry Crews is on Brooklyn 9-9? Holy shit I need to watch that show.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Terry Crews is on Brooklyn 9-9? Holy shit I need to watch that show.

Everyone needs to see this show. Some of the funniest shit in a sitcom I've seen for a looooooooooooooooooong time... and I'm old y'know.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Well that's a fuckton more faces than I expected in this film.

Should be a solid piece of entertainment.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Because the action in a lot of 80s movies is really bad. Stuff like Commando, Rambo 2 and 3, Predator (when they fight the drug cartel guys) have terrible action sequences. They're just cheesy. The violence is unrealistic and really fucking dumb.

Die Hard has awesome action. Predator, when Dutch actually fights the Predator hand to hand, is awesome.

Anyway, Expendables 1 was bad, bad, bad, bad...soo bad.

That said I enjoyed watching it. I still need to see the sequel.
Commando and Predator are two of Arnold Schwarzenegger's best films (and two of the best action movies of the 80s). And movies don't have have realistic action (or acting) to be good movies. It's more about whether the story is good.

First Blood is definitely the best Rambo movie (and the last Rambo movie was good too). I'd have to agree Rambo 2 & 3 were the worst of the series (story wasn't as good, although they had some good action sequences).

Action movies make a lot of money in overseas countries (as you don't have to know English, as they aren't subtle like drama or comedy movies, where some of the humor would lost in translation). Also, they like the old action stars of the 80s (i.e., they've been around long enough for non-Americans to be familiar with them).

Last edited:

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Who the fuck are Lutz, Roussey, Powell and Ortiz? And why are they getting equal billing among the action heroes of yesteryear?

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Who the fuck are Lutz, Roussey, Powell and Ortiz? And why are they getting equal billing among the action heroes of yesteryear?

They are all MMA fighters who are aspiring to be action stars much the way Bruce Lee,Chuck Norris,Jeff Speakman,John Claude Etc got into movies.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
They are all MMA fighters who are aspiring to be action stars much the way Bruce Lee,Chuck Norris,Jeff Speakman,John Claude Etc got into movies.

Ah, ok. Fodder to get offed in the film.