The death of Trayvon Martin

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I've had some time to brood on the topic and think about it. I didn't really follow the case that closely as in many ways there are much more important things going on in our world today, or I guess bigger things going on.

My understanding of the events is that TM was walking home when GZ spotted him, decided to be a vigilante despite having no reason to and went after TM, and taunted him. TM then went after GZ and attacked him, and was shot after some altercation. I recall that GZ had some bad wounds on the back of his head.

When I think of the scenario, removing any racial factors, as much as I dislike firearms, by the laws that exist there, GZ had a right to defend himself. I guess in short I agree (Sort of) with the courts decision.

I say sort of for a few reasons though. My understanding is that GZ went after TM for no real reason beyond racially profiling a young black man in a hoodie. If American media would want us to know the most dangerous thing in the world, it's not AIDs or a super robot tiger, but an African-American in a hoodie. Zimmerman clearly has some racial issues of his own, and had no problem profiling a young individual, and engaging in his own sense of justice.

To add to it (And again this is my understanding) Zimmerman taunted Martin. This where things get tricky for me to really empathize with Zimmerman on any level. Was Martin's retaliation appropriate? It is hard to say. I am not African-American, I do not know what it is like to be in that situation. Very few of in this thread do. I do not think his reaction was appropriate, considering our understanding of the situation. Still, perhaps the level of threat perceived by Trayvon was much more than I would have imagined. That part is hard for me to understand.

Once the violent altercation happened I see how Zimmerman had a right to save himself.

With that said, Zimmerman is a class A dipshit for putting himself in the situation. He goes after a complete stranger and starts saying things to them. This is what gets me about his character. It is as if he started poking a bear and then was surprised when the bear struck back. In addition, the zookeeper kept saying "do not poke the bear"

Both parties acted seemingly irrationally for one reason or another. One, an African American kid who was scared being chased by a white guy in Florida (the courts won't be a friend to Trayvon at that point) and acted rashly. Or the guy in his pick-up and gun who decided he can be a vigilante, because hey, he has his concealed justice on his side.

I think for me what is the bigger statement here is not the killing of an "innocent" young black man. Rather it is the amount of racial profiling that went on in Zimmerman's case. That speaks volumes to me. A black man can't wear a hoodie at night without being considered a criminal. That is the greater issue in this case. Zimmerman and many others really need to look inside and wonder why we would just instantly assume when we see a person like TM that he naturally is up to criminal behavior.

I guess add to that I have no doubt that if it TM was white and Zimmerman was black Zimmerman would have been guilty in 10 seconds. It also speaks volumes of the trust the African-American community has in the legal system.

This is why we need Robocop.

Or to give Florida to Cuba

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've had some time to brood on the topic and think about it. I didn't really follow the case that closely as in many ways there are much more important things going on in our world today, or I guess bigger things going on.

My understanding of the events is that TM was walking home when GZ spotted him, decided to be a vigilante despite having no reason to and went after TM, and taunted him. TM then went after GZ and attacked him, and was shot after some altercation. I recall that GZ had some bad wounds on the back of his head.

When I think of the scenario, removing any racial factors, as much as I dislike firearms, by the laws that exist there, GZ had a right to defend himself. I guess in short I agree (Sort of) with the courts decision.

I say sort of for a few reasons though. My understanding is that GZ went after TM for no real reason beyond racially profiling a young black man in a hoodie. If American media would want us to know the most dangerous thing in the world, it's not AIDs or a super robot tiger, but an African-American in a hoodie. Zimmerman clearly has some racial issues of his own, and had no problem profiling a young individual, and engaging in his own sense of justice.

To add to it (And again this is my understanding) Zimmerman taunted Martin. This where things get tricky for me to really empathize with Zimmerman on any level. Was Martin's retaliation appropriate? It is hard to say. I am not African-American, I do not know what it is like to be in that situation. Very few of in this thread do. I do not think his reaction was appropriate, considering our understanding of the situation. Still, perhaps the level of threat perceived by Trayvon was much more than I would have imagined. That part is hard for me to understand.

Once the violent altercation happened I see how Zimmerman had a right to save himself.

With that said, Zimmerman is a class A dipshit for putting himself in the situation. He goes after a complete stranger and starts saying things to them. This is what gets me about his character. It is as if he started poking a bear and then was surprised when the bear struck back. In addition, the zookeeper kept saying "do not poke the bear"

Both parties acted seemingly irrationally for one reason or another. One, an African American kid who was scared being chased by a white guy in Florida (the courts won't be a friend to Trayvon at that point) and acted rashly. Or the guy in his pick-up and gun who decided he can be a vigilante, because hey, he has his concealed justice on his side.

I think for me what is the bigger statement here is not the killing of an "innocent" young black man. Rather it is the amount of racial profiling that went on in Zimmerman's case. That speaks volumes to me. A black man can't wear a hoodie at night without being considered a criminal. That is the greater issue in this case. Zimmerman and many others really need to look inside and wonder why we would just instantly assume when we see a person like TM that he naturally is up to criminal behavior.

I guess add to that I have no doubt that if it TM was white and Zimmerman was black Zimmerman would have been guilty in 10 seconds. It also speaks volumes of the trust the African-American community has in the legal system.

ahahahaha... a man can't wear a hoodie and skulk around a neighborhood that suffered burlgaries, at night, and not be asked if he's a burglar.

A woman can't wear a tight miniskirt and stroll around a street where prostitution has been happening and not be asked "how much?"

If you don't want to get profiled, stop making it so easy to fit the profile.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member

There were break-ins by black males in GZ's neighborhood which is why he followed Martin. It wasn't a case of, "Oh hey, black person, let me follow them."

Also TM being scared as you claim is a joke, as he was so "scared" that he decided to go confront GZ. I don't know, if I am scared of someone, the last thing I am going to do is go and confront, then attack them.

Regarding hoodie wearing black males....

I am of the belief that anyone I see wearing a hoodie at night, no matter their skin color is asking to be noticed, or to give off a sinister appearance whether warranted or not.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
ahahahaha... a man can't wear a hoodie and skulk around a neighborhood that suffered burlgaries, at night, and not be asked if he's a burglar.

A woman can't wear a tight miniskirt and stroll around a street where prostitution has been happening and not be asked "how much?"

Probably should have his skin changed to white too right? Helps with being profiled

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Probably should have his skin changed to white too right? Helps with being profiled

Sure, man. Whatever helps you deal with the case's outcome. If you think the judge and jury were as focused on skin color as you are, then just run with that. Won't change a thing.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Sure, man. Whatever helps you deal with the case's outcome. If you think the judge and jury were as focused on skin color as you are, then just run with that. Won't change a thing.

Judges and Juries are unbiased....totally.

As I said, I understand the verdict, and in most regards agree with it.

The situation that unfolded has interesting discussion points to me, that was more my long winded answer.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am of the belief that anyone I see wearing a hoodie at night, no matter their skin color is asking to be noticed, or to give off a sinister appearance whether warranted or not.

I am of the belief that the hoodie is a non-factor. Being a stranger and looking strange was. Some people claim that Martin lived there. He actually did not. He was a stranger to the neighborhood, even though he had been there many times. He was with his dad at his dad's gf's place, getting skittles and an ice tea. Zimmerman didn't recognize him, and Martin failed to identify himself and diffuse the situation.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Judges and Juries are unbiased....totally.

As I said, I understand the verdict, and in most regards agree with it.

The situation that unfolded has interesting discussion points to me, that was more my long winded answer.

You can say you "in most regards agree with it" but then the rest of your post was contrary to that, and involved a lot of general dubious mainstream perceptions.

I'm here to help correct the ill conceived perceptions.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Whatever happened to that cousin of his that he started raping when she was 6?

I have no idea (nor the interest) to make anything out of this case...but holy shit; a racist incestuous pedophile....pretty much the perfect trifecta for an interesting stay in the clink.
This guy just won the acquittal lottery of a lifetime.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Whatever happened to that cousin of his that he started raping when she was 6?

Anonymous accuser. Same woman who is prepared to call the police and say that your dad raped her off and on for years. Probably your mom.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member

This line right here removes all benefit of the doubt that you are a closet racist. For you to had actually said something like this and expected it to be taken any other way validates this. You are the exact kind of people I have been dealing with my whole life with your passive subliminal hatred. Maybe we should all bleach our skin to alleviate the profiling problem.

Trayvon Martin got what he had coming to him.

He probably thought he was going to go beat the fuck out of a white man (because everyone light-skinned must be white, kind of like how everyone dark-skinned must be African-American) and then he would get to brag to his friends about how he beat the fuck out of old whitey. He probably would have used that as +50 street cred in the future when measuring toughness. But as always, sometimes you have to keep beefing up the rep, so you have to do new things.

Problem is, when someone is following you at night, the dumbest thing you could ever do is turn around and confront them. He should have gone home and called the police. Had he done that, he would have been alive. Trayvon had the option to go home, yet did not, and decided to go beef up the rep.

Obviously (to take a play on the idiot athletes saying the street is going to catch up to Zimmerman) the street took care of him as he got, got. The only thing hard about Trayvon is the rigor mortis that set into his body.

What? You mad bro?

DangerousK racism is very transparent however.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This line right here removes all benefit of the doubt that you are a closet racist. For you to had actually said something like this and expected it to be taken any other way validates this. You are the exact kind of people I have been dealing with my whole life with your passive subliminal hatred. Maybe we should all bleach our skin to alleviate the profiling problem.

I don't think any of the black people here at ng.c fit the profile of a suspicious person, or a dangerous person. I can name 5 white people who I would not want to be alone around before I name even one black person that I am scared of. I don't know who all are black, but between BonusKun, Hidden Character, MauryV, TokyoSama, Kirk Foiden and YoungBurnout, none can be profiled like Trayvon was as far as I see. The only scary black person here is Tora and her fake accounts. So if you think throwing the racism card at me is going to help you sleep at night, then keep going. I don't mind. As far as I see it, you are angry and hurt and need to attack someone. I'm here for you.

aria

Former Moderator
Sorry, Wasabi, but when you're willing to say stuff like this you come off as completely stupid:

Florida: The state that shames even Mississippi. As for me, I'm very saddened by the verdict and things just became even tougher for me as a big black guy who doesn't smile in public, but loves to walk around the city for exercise and the last thing I need is to get confronted by some asshole w/an ax to grind when I'm just trying to be less fat.
Yeah, it must be so difficult...
Would you like to trade places with me for a year, or even a day?
If I wasn't so sexy and in love with my reflection in the mirror, then sure. What neogeo games do you have?

I don't care what color someone is. Do you?

I'm pretty embarrassed you're an attorney. It's bad enough I have to prove to people you passed the bar or even graduated from law school, but this stuff... :oh_no:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sorry, Wasabi, but when you're willing to say stuff like this you come off as completely stupid:

I'm pretty embarrassed you're an attorney. It's bad enough I have to prove to people you passed the bar or even graduated from law school, but this stuff... :oh_no:

Okay house-husband.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Xander is the black overseer

the special prosecutor just called the acquitted a "murderer".. is that slander?

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
I think Charlie should dress up like a Sikh and walk around Birmingham. It would be such a valuable learning experience for him.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I don't like white people.

I hate rednecks.

There's a new sherrif in town.

And his name is Reggie Hammond.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I'm not into midgets, small hands and what not

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I don't think any of the black people here at ng.c fit the profile of a suspicious person, or a dangerous person. I can name 5 white people who I would not want to be alone around before I name even one black person that I am scared of. I don't know who all are black, but between BonusKun, Hidden Character, MauryV, TokyoSama, Kirk Foiden and YoungBurnout, none can be profiled like Trayvon was as far as I see. The only scary black person here is Tora and her fake accounts. So if you think throwing the racism card at me is going to help you sleep at night, then keep going. I don't mind. As far as I see it, you are angry and hurt and need to attack someone. I'm here for you.

Hey I could wear a hoodie if I wanted to.....

I hate skittles btw...

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

the special prosecutor just called the acquitted a "murderer".. is that slander?

was it spoken or written?

also, that MK3 GIF is... jaw dropping to say the least.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
True racism isn't just words, its a state of mind. This Zimmerman character is just a example of a power tripper. Whether he instigated anything or not, the final choice for violence was with Trayvon. Also, people who aren't black need to chill out with presumptions, if you think its easy for blacks now a days, its not that much different then you think. I've seen some of the most fucked up racism coming from mexicans towards blacks, and that's because of my location. There is a nasty stigma down here.

Last edited: