The death of Trayvon Martin

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Obama chiming in on the important stuff as usual. I liked that time Obama called Michael Vick to congratulate the dude on getting back into football after that whole "battledawgz" debacle.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
People are trying to make this a RACE issue, even though GZ is half peruvian, half white. The Media has called him a "White Latino"

The president is half white too, can I call him a "White African American"?

It is a race issue. You can keep your fingers in your ears screaming that its not about race all you want. Have you not watched the juror b37 interview? She very clearly has racial bias. That's just one of many examples.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
People are trying to make this a RACE issue, even though GZ is half peruvian, half white. The Media has called him a "White Latino"

The president is half white too, can I call him a "White African American"?

The census calls him a white Hispanic.... If he checked that box.

My GF considers herself to be White and Hispanic.

Were there any signs of physical harm on TM beyond the gunshot? Any trauma caused by being punched by a Doughy guy in his late 20's?

Just shows that the got his ass handed to him. Zimmerman didn't have any defensive wounds either. Which makes sense if he got clocked while trying to grab him.

Yes, aside from the fact that GZ was the only one with any physical injuries and the eye witnesses, there was no other evidence.

There were no eyewitnesses to the initial encounter. But there was one person on the phone whose version of events puts Zimmerman as the aggressor. Combine that with the fact that Zimmerman had no business being where the encounter took place. "He was getting a street/house number".......... By going in the back courtyard???? Give me a break. No street signs/house numbers back there. Then I'm supposed to believe that martin ran all the way around and cut him off... While talking on the phone??????

Combine that with Zimmeran's comments about "These guys always get away". Zimmerman will get physical with a cop, and his girlfriends... It isn't fathomable that he got physical with this "kid getting away"????
-cummon'

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It is a race issue. You can keep your fingers in your ears screaming that its not about race all you want. Have you not watched the juror b37 interview? She very clearly has racial bias. That's just one of many examples.

No she is colorblind, she doesn't see race. She therefore be biased.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If Zimmerman were the aggressor and pulled out his gun first, it would be hard to imagine that Martin could actually manage to put his hands on Zimmerman.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If Zimmerman were the aggressor and pulled out his gun first, it would be hard to imagine that Martin could actually manage to put his hands on Zimmerman.

Only if you assume that he became the aggressor by pulling his gun.

LadyVamp

Camel Slug

Of course it is, even in the aftermath. Look at all these celebrities and regular black folk lashing out against the verdict. Where were these same people when Casey Anthony got off? Oh, right, nowhere to be seen. Beyonce didn't stop in the middle of her concert to pay any respects to Caylee Anthony. I don't remember Obama making any kind of speech about it. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but, I don't recall him saying much at all, if anything. Stevie Wonder released a statement the other day that he will not go to Florida because of the verdict. He didn't mind going there after Anthony's verdict.

Black people come together when it's non-black on black crime. When it's black on black crime, white on white crime, etc., no one gives a shit, but, as soon as a non-white enters the picture, blacks are outraged by it.

I wish people would get their fucking shit together and realize that lives were lost, no matter what color their skin is. Instead, that's ALL people see is colors.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Obama chiming in on the important stuff as usual. I liked that time Obama called Michael Vick to congratulate the dude on getting back into football after that whole "battledawgz" debacle.

i like to think of him as our first true reality show president

he really has become such a petty attention whore, it would be a laugh riot if the guy wasn't "leading" our military

it's also just really disappointing, and i really wasn't expecting all that much

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Once you get a gas range you can never go back to any other non-gas flame cooktop. They're all garbage.

PS: Cast Iron 4 lyfe.

Fuckin 'A, man. I went from stainless steel + electric stove to cast iron + electric stove, to cast iron + gas. It's like going from A ball to triple-A, to the majors.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member

yes.
A work friend just gave me an iron skillet.
I love it.
Everything that I put in that thing comes out tasting freaking delicious.
It's become my new favorite cooking utensil.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Of course it is, even in the aftermath. Look at all these celebrities and regular black folk lashing out against the verdict. Where were these same people when Casey Anthony got off? Oh, right, nowhere to be seen. Beyonce didn't stop in the middle of her concert to pay any respects to Caylee Anthony. I don't remember Obama making any kind of speech about it. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but, I don't recall him saying much at all, if anything. Stevie Wonder released a statement the other day that he will not go to Florida because of the verdict. He didn't mind going there after Anthony's verdict.

Black people come together when it's non-black on black crime. When it's black on black crime, white on white crime, etc., no one gives a shit, but, as soon as a non-white enters the picture, blacks are outraged by it.

I wish people would get their fucking shit together and realize that lives were lost, no matter what color their skin is. Instead, that's ALL people see is colors.

Dude you live in a country where blacks were fucking slaves for how many centuries. Legally oppressed for nearly 100 years after that and it's like not like it's been sunshine and rainbows since then either. Its been pretty fucked up. You wonder why black people get particularly upset when egregious shit like this happens?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Once you get a gas range you can never go back to any other non-gas flame cooktop. They're all garbage.

Unless we are talking grills. Then it's charcoal (or wood) or get the fuck out.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
The question is then, if the trial was a accurate summary of what occurred, why is there so much unhappiness with the verdict?

mostly because people want to inject their feelings into the mix, without the inconveniences associated with tracking down the facts

you were obviously angry about the verdict in your previous post, dumping on our legal system, and then in the very next post you admit to not following the case

this is typically where true biases and racism are revealed, that's literally the definition of prejudice right? ... why bother to check your impulses when you already know how "those people" are?

it's all about getting even, regardless of the fact that this typically means getting even for some evil or wrong that we've been conditioned to believe exists (isn't it fun to be part of something!!)

try and forget the nonsense that's been drilled into our heads, question and get to the bottom of your preconceptions, check your impulses and keep a cool head, and wait for the truth to emerge

and i know this seems to be a mortal sin in modern society, but what the fuck is so horrible about saying "i don't know"? isn't that better than having an uninformed opinion?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
i like to think of him as our first true reality show president

he really has become such a petty attention whore, it would be a laugh riot if the guy wasn't "leading" our military

it's also just really disappointing, and i really wasn't expecting all that much

I wonder how hype he got when Reynald won this years evo.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dude you live in a country where blacks were fucking slaves for how many centuries. Legally oppressed for nearly 100 years after that and it's like not like it's been sunshine and rainbows since then either. Its been pretty fucked up. You wonder why black people get particularly upset when egregious shit like this happens?

I understand your anger, bro. You went through so much.