The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
We just entered our 6th hard lockdown, 5km limit for a week but looking like another week past that for 10 cases. The reaction here is overblown by a large margin considering global reactions. Luckily I have not stopped work as many businesses ignore it or at least the communications work I do works best when everyone isn't using it.

The federal government has set an 80% vaccination rate as the minimum before lockdowns are unlawful but with such huge resistance to the astrazeneca vaccine and delays in the Pfizer reaching our shores in sufficient supply this may take a very long time.

It's been nearly 2 years of being trapped not only by international borders which I loved frequently breaching but also state borders. I am sick of it...
Doesnt your country understand that Frenzal Rhomb is trying to tour right now!?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just got a 10 pack of these.

I highly recommend them. It's almost like you aren't wearing a mask. And because it is a real N95 mask, you are more protected from others than you are with a piece of cloth.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'll be frank, I've long thought that all kids should go through 8-weeks of Army basic directly following high school. I could be a slightly watered down program, with no following AIT...but it would give the a ton of life skills, some physical fitness, and some training most of them need.

People are dough nowadays, they have zero survival skills, zero self confidence, zero mental fortification. It's pathetic.

Much of the reason why people "fear" firearms is based on their ignorance of the subject fueled by a never ending media propaganda machine.

Case in point...anyone who is crying out for firearm bans in the name of "saving children" but then is pro-abortion need to get their head examined.

There's crazy levels of projection going on in this post.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Asking if you currently have a contagious illness which is a threat to public health is not the same as asking if you’ve received a vaccine to prevent a contagious disease that is a threat to public health.

Not being vaccinated is not equivalent to currently harboring an infectious disease.

I understanding the reasoning why one should, in an abundance of caution, presume it is. I just can’t agree with it.

Morons just need to get vaccinated before the Government continues to expand its powers in the name of public health. This is a direction they’ve wanted to expand (ie crime is a public health issue, etc.)

At this point people who won’t take care of themselves are just going to need to get Covid and die (or worse.) They do not deserve it. No one deserves Covid. But they’re going to have to come terms with the choices they’ve made. I won’t lose sleep over them.

I hear you, but I think principles are getting a lot of people killed. Maybe not as much as ignorance, but it's certainly not nothing.

We are never going to be able to be carefree again, thanks to freedom.

Delta doesn't seem to be a huge killer of vaccinated people, but at this rate, there will be plenty more mutations, and the new ones may not be as tame. I think we're going to be in a worse place this time next year because people are ignorant or too stupid to follow a logical argument, republicans are brainwashed, and libertarians are too dug in or too selfish to see that "Do what thou wilt without harming anyone else" doesn't really apply to this scenario unless you don't leave you house.

Reactions: wyo

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I hear you, but I think principles are getting a lot of people killed. Maybe not as much as ignorance, but it's certainly not nothing.

We are never going to be able to be carefree again, thanks to freedom.

Delta doesn't seem to be a huge killer of vaccinated people, but at this rate, there will be plenty more mutations, and the new ones may not be as tame. I think we're going to be in a worse place this time next year because people are ignorant or too stupid to follow a logical argument, republicans are brainwashed, and libertarians are too dug in or too selfish to see that "Do what thou wilt without harming anyone else" doesn't really apply to this scenario unless you don't leave you house.

This is a truly scary post.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think my ultimate point is that we are, just like we did post 9/11, going to witness another gross expansion of the powers of the federal government which will necessarily come at the expense of the individual rights and freedoms of the people.

…and 5-10 years from now we won’t be any safer or better off than we are today.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Nope authoritarians do.

I'm not the one doomsaying.

I don't think I even have to "doomsay" when at least 4.5 million people have already died.

I think my ultimate point is that we are, just like we did post 9/11, going to witness another gross expansion of the powers of the federal government which will necessarily come at the expense of the individual rights and freedoms of the people.

…and 5-10 years from now we won’t be any safer or better off than we are today.

What makes you think that though? What has the government done so far to indicate this would happen? A mask mandate that was already lifted and was never even enforced to begin with? The only federal vaccination mandates have been for federal workers. My Q aunt works in a very busy hospital, has had COVID (as a result of going to some midlife crisis spring break in Miami) and still hasn't been forced by her work to get the vaccine.

lithy

20 Year Member
At this rate, there will be plenty more mutations, and the new ones may not be as tame. I think we're going to be in a worse place this time next year

This is pure conjecture and doomsaying and it is the sorta logic that people like you will use to keep mask mandates going, restrict business activity, and generally prevent anyone from living carefree even if they wanted to.

We have basically transitioned to living by permission of health authorities and when you suggest that we won't return to normal 'because freedom', that's...not great, to put it mildly.

Your aunt had covid and now has a natural immunity and has no more or less reason to get a vaccine that someone with two shots, unless you don't trust the science.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don't think I even have to "doomsay" when at least 4.5 million people have already died.

What makes you think that though? What has the government done so far to indicate this would happen? A mask mandate that was already lifted and was never even enforced to begin with? The only federal vaccination mandates have been for federal workers. My Q aunt works in a very busy hospital, has had COVID (as a result of going to some midlife crisis spring break in Miami) and still hasn't been forced by her work to get the vaccine.

The State and Federal Government is historically reluctant to relinquish any power it gains.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Your aunt had covid and now has a natural immunity and has no more or less reason to get a vaccine that someone with two shots, unless you don't trust the science.
wut

is this true or has lithy finally gone off the deepend

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
wut

is this true or has lithy finally gone off the deepend

no it’s true. Roughly 8 months immunity. I didn’t make my point clear. She will not be getting vaccinated once that period is up. Moreover she was working among vulnerable patients while asymptotic. She also refused to let my mom get her groceries while sick because covid isn’t real. In other words she went to the grocery store every few days while having full blown covid. Doubt she wore a mask.

people like lithy can’t put 2 and 2 together. They don’t care about their community. They care about themselves and that businesses can operate at full capacity rather than 80% capacity even if it gets people killed. They’re so fragile they can put on a piece of cloth.

lithy

20 Year Member
people like lithy can’t put 2 and 2 together. They don’t care about their community. They care about themselves and that businesses can operate at full capacity rather than 80% capacity even if it gets people killed. They’re so fragile they can put on a piece of cloth.

Of course I care about myself, everyone does, no one else looks out for your best interests quite like yourself. This does not mean I don't also care about my communities. In fact, I care about them enough that I want to see ensure that neighborhood businesses remain in business.

Must be nice to just decide when people should go without income to satiate your desire for control.

Need to see some data showing whether capacity limits have had an impact on deaths.

wasabi's cartoon

A guy that has hurt no one but himself. In America we would arrest him. There is a message there, but not sure it is the slam dunk the cartoonist seems to think it is.

As for 1/6ers. Some patriots wanted to make George Washington a king. Just because you're on the right side doesn't mean you have the right reasons or solutions. Most Americans just want to vote their guy in so they can force the others to do their thing. Like fakesound they can't imagine their life going on while someone else is out there doing a thing they don't like.

This tug of war goes on while the federal government and an endless swath of bureaucrats with dreams of their own little fiefdom constantly expand their role and power under the guise of the will of the people.

So fuck em all.

lithy

20 Year Member
Google said:
favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

Yeah...I'm gonna need this one explained to me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A guy that has hurt no one but himself. In America we would arrest him. There is a message there, but not sure it is the slam dunk the cartoonist seems to think it is.
It’s every libertarian who tries to argue against the vaccine, masks, and their duty to protect fellow Americans.