The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Far right- businesses should be allowed to refuse service to whomever
Businesses - vax required
Far right- nOt LiKe ThaT
LOL...everyone claims to love free-speech until someone uses it to tell them to go fuck themselves.

I've long been in favor of businesses being able to serve customers in any way they choose and yes, even if that means wear a mask while in their store. I can choose if I want to go there or not.

Many of them black people.

Mission accomplished, NRA. Your corporate members made a killing

but seeing so many black people at the range getting trained was a good sign. They’re doing it the right way, learning safety and the law.
I feel all Americans should have a base level understanding on how a firearm works and how to use it properly. If they then choose not to have one, fine by me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Counter point: all Americans should serve in some capacity, whether in the military, or in an America Works program, learning at a public utility how to service municipalities. Universities aren’t teaching most kids what they need.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Far right- businesses should be allowed to refuse service to whomever
Businesses - vax required
Far right- nOt LiKe ThaT

It’s a fair question to ask on what basis can a business refuse service.

The question is can a business require you to reveal medical information for entry? If yes what are the limits? Is this unlimited or only allowed during a pandemic (if so who defines the pandemic start and stop.)

The people have a right to privacy and it’s protection is important regardless of how inconvenient it is.

There are a lot of anti-vax-tards and ant-government people arguing in bad faith but I can assure you I’m not.

We have to carefully weigh everything, even if that means some people may die as a result. Democracy is a bitch.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Counter point: all Americans should serve in some capacity, whether in the military, or in an America Works program, learning at a public utility how to service municipalities. Universities aren’t teaching most kids what they need.

I would argue the 13th Amendment specifically forbids this, but I’ve long held conscription is slavery despite what the courts say. A free state cannot defend itself with an army of slaves. Nor can the state be ran by indentured servants.

That said More options for meaningful public service with appropriate wages, training, and the development of relevant skills would be excellent.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I would argue the 13th Amendment specifically forbids this.

That said More options for meaningful public service with appropriate wages, training, and the development of relevant skills would be excellent.
That doesn't make the point right or wrong, though

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would argue the 13th Amendment specifically forbids this.
Yeah, I guess it does. But it's not the intent of the 13th. Other countries, including our allies in Israel, have military duty for all. I'm offering an alternative. Of course, if someone wants to opt out, I guess they can. but they would then no be able to get veteran's preference, and we all know the effect of veteran's preference is. I don't think the options should be military training or compromised job placement. Rather, civil service or compromised job placement. The effect could positively lift many communities where kids grow up with no job training.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
AmeriCorps NCCC, is what the youth need.

Unarmed National Service.

Since 1994.

Want to serve, but don’t do weapons?
-check

Want to do Peace Corps tier work, but don’t have the practical 4H experience &/or a Degree?
-check

Want to do direct service ala CCC, or indirect service ala VISTA?
-check

Need money for College/Uni? The AmeriCorps Educational Award is not as robust as the GI Bill; however, it covered all of my lower division courses and books.

It’s a win/win Program for a Country that needs things done, and folks 18-23 that want to address some of the needs of their own and help communities around the US.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’d honestly have people sign up to be citizens at 18. There would be zero downsides except if you don’t you can’t vote. That’s it. No citizenship tests, classes, service, etc. I bet millions wouldn’t sign up.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I'll be frank, I've long thought that all kids should go through 8-weeks of Army basic directly following high school. I could be a slightly watered down program, with no following AIT...but it would give the a ton of life skills, some physical fitness, and some training most of them need.

People are dough nowadays, they have zero survival skills, zero self confidence, zero mental fortification. It's pathetic.

Much of the reason why people "fear" firearms is based on their ignorance of the subject fueled by a never ending media propaganda machine.

Case in point...anyone who is crying out for firearm bans in the name of "saving children" but then is pro-abortion need to get their head examined.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’d pack heat if I had to wait for some motherfucker to pump my gas at 2am at Kwiki-Mart.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I’d pack heat if I had to wait for some motherfucker to pump my gas at 2am at Kwiki-Mart.

Its ironic that in a vast majority of the places where I'd actually want a firearm on my person, you cannot carry there.

I don't carry...or even have a license for it, where I live there's currently no need.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
it's the same as asking if someone has pink eye or another contagious illness. It's not that much of a grey area. If you are unvaccinated right now, the public can more or less assume you have covid.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'll be frank, I've long thought that all kids should go through 8-weeks of Army basic directly following high school. I could be a slightly watered down program, with no following AIT...but it would give the a ton of life skills, some physical fitness, and some training most of them need.

People are dough nowadays, they have zero survival skills, zero self confidence, zero mental fortification. It's pathetic.

Much of the reason why people "fear" firearms is based on their ignorance of the subject fueled by a never ending media propaganda machine.

Case in point...anyone who is crying out for firearm bans in the name of "saving children" but then is pro-abortion need to get their head examined.
You can’t conflate abortion and protecting children from firearms.

you know how many abortions people have who don’t want them, they want the kid, but something decided that the fetus wouldn’t survive in the womb? The procedure to clean the womb after that is an abortion procedure.

these anti-choice efforts have collaterally damaged the ability of women in red states to get medical care. No good can come if it. Only evil.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
it's the same as asking if someone has pink eye or another contagious illness. It's not that much of a grey area. If you are unvaccinated right now, the public can more or less assume you have covid.

Asking if you currently have a contagious illness which is a threat to public health is not the same as asking if you’ve received a vaccine to prevent a contagious disease that is a threat to public health.

Not being vaccinated is not equivalent to currently harboring an infectious disease.

I understanding the reasoning why one should, in an abundance of caution, presume it is. I just can’t agree with it.

Morons just need to get vaccinated before the Government continues to expand its powers in the name of public health. This is a direction they’ve wanted to expand (ie crime is a public health issue, etc.)

At this point people who won’t take care of themselves are just going to need to get Covid and die (or worse.) They do not deserve it. No one deserves Covid. But they’re going to have to come terms with the choices they’ve made. I won’t lose sleep over them.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That doesn't make the point right or wrong, though

The inherent evils of slavery negate any real or perceived benefits a slave may or may not acquire during his bondage.

Crom forbid anyone argue otherwise.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This is not really an opinion. Schools have viewed this way for half a century.

I’m not saying it doesn’t make sense.

I’m saying we need to weigh the right to privacy versus the right to public health.

It’s a decision the legislatures should make but this is America so it will be made by the courts. It should be discussed. It’s not. There is no debate in Congress or in the Statehouses.

Some no longer value privacy. Cool, make it the law then and defend the law through the courts.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The TLDR is Corporations should not presume to legislate or dictate public policy.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ultimately I’m gonna be a bitch and do what the government says.

I’m more concerned about digital health passports ran by the govt or worse, private corporations.

Oh well.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Its ironic that in a vast majority of the places where I'd actually want a firearm on my person, you cannot carry the re. I don't carry...or even have a license for it, where I live there's currently no need.

You never go into Rockford?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Go hang out in Portland for a while, find out for yourself.

I didn't know that you hung out in Portland.

Anyways, what happened in Portland that isn't the result of "fear mongering... pumped into us by the media and our politicians 24/7"?????