The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I was out in the halls earlier and overheard that the working partner of the new woman who tested positive called in sick with shortness of breath and chest pain--things aren't looking good. Then, when I clocked out, and my coworker did my forehead temp, it read 102 degrees, and my forehead doesn't even feel hot, so, I tell her, "That can't be right.", and she takes my wrist temp instead and that's 97.3 degrees, about the same as what my forehead was when I clocked in this morning--give me a heart attack, lady!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Had my first forehead temp check the other day before I could get my quarterly botox for migraines, temp was 95.2. I was like HELL YES I got 4.7 degrees to spare mofos.

Pretty different to go to a doctor's office with no office staff and zero other patients in the waiting room.

@M

20 Year Member
My dermatologist's office was limiting it to ten patients at a time when I was there yesterday (another biopsy, yay), but there was never more than 4-5 of us waiting while I was there and we all had masks on and stayed spread out. At the regular hospital, I get shown to my private room in acute care right away when I go for my infusions and wait alone in there.

@M

20 Year Member
Cautiously optimistic now. Just got a voicemail message from the director of nursing that he had good news for me and to call him back, but, no answer when I tried. I don't know what good news could be, other than my test was negative, right? If that's the case, I don't know why he didn't just say so . . .

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Cautiously optimistic now. Just got a voicemail message from the director of nursing that he had good news for me and to call him back, but, no answer when I tried. I don't know what good news could be, other than my test was negative, right? If that's the case, I don't know why he didn't just say so . . .

fc6e3791c938be843e4ddd4bcd3259a3.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
Had to use FB messenger to get ahold of him, but, finally got the official verdict from the DoN: negative, yay! I don't know why he didn't just tell me that in the voice mail. Got to get giant Qtips shoved up my nose again for another test this week, and who knows for how many more weeks afterwards, but, at least I'm clear for now.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Had to use FB messenger to get ahold of him, but, finally got the official verdict from the DoN: negative, yay! I don't know why he didn't just tell me that in the voice mail. Got to get giant Qtips shoved up my nose again for another test this week, and who knows for how many more weeks afterwards, but, at least I'm clear for now.

Probably wants to avoid HIPAA violation.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
The market is forward looking. It’s not about what has happened today it’s about where we will be in 6-12 months. World governments have committed to taking on as much debt as needed and stimulating to save their economies. Interest rates will either be negative or 0% for the next 10 years at least. Money is going to be cheaper than it ever has been.

I got out of the market in late March and went all in again about a month ago once most of the volatility settled down. There might still be a few shocks depending on the fall out in Europe but I think everything else has been priced in now.

Bro you smoking something. I'm at a huge loss because I don't know where to start. Steam is pouring out of my ears because my brain is frying.

I'll start out with good for you, you're upbeat and positive and not freaking out so I suppose that's good.

#1 The market is forward looking, yeah OK to next week or the end of the next quarter. Not 6-12 months. NOBODY on this earth knows what the next 6-12 months will bring. Wall Street typically hates uncertainty.
Last thing I heard a couple weeks ago MANY firms are not reporting ANY kind of numbers for expectations guidance or estimates. This has got to be a first. It's ok though, you know why? Because they have no idea what's happening this quarter let alone in 6-12 months and at least they are being honest. Some people have been pushing for yearly earnings reports because Wall Street only cares about right now and the next quarterly report.

#2 What typically happens when governments spend whatever they need too to "stimulate economies"
#3 You make it sound like 0% interest is some great new thing and it'll be awesome that it will be that way for the next ten years, even though it's basically been that way for the last 10 years. Generally speaking it all sounds like a recipe for runaway inflation to me. Yup money will be cheaper alright.
#4 Nothing has been priced in

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
Probably wants to avoid HIPAA violation.

Perhaps, but my various doctors' offices will typically report test results over the phone to me or via voicemail. I'm the only person that uses my phone, and my voicemail is password protected.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Bro you smoking something. I'm at a huge loss because I don't know where to start. Steam is pouring out of my ears because my brain is frying.

I'll start out with good for you, you're upbeat and positive and not freaking out so I suppose that's good.

#1 The market is forward looking, yeah OK to next week or the end of the next quarter. Not 6-12 months. NOBODY on this earth knows what the next 6-12 months will bring. Wall Street typically hates uncertainty.
Last thing I heard a couple weeks ago MANY firms are not reporting ANY kind of numbers for expectations guidance or estimates. This has got to be a first. It's ok though, you know why? Because they have no idea what's happening this quarter let alone in 6-12 months and at least they are being honest. Some people have been pushing for yearly earnings reports because Wall Street only cares about right now and the next quarterly report.

#2 What typically happens when governments spend whatever they need too to "stimulate economies"
#3 You make it sound like 0% interest is some great new thing and it'll be awesome that it will be that way for the next ten years, even though it's basically been that way for the last 10 years. Generally speaking it all sounds like a recipe for runaway inflation to me. Yup money will be cheaper alright.
#4 Nothing has been priced in

It’s very simple.

The initial shocks price in the first 6-12 months assuming no action from governments, markets calculate the holes and tank the index accordingly. Governments start to react providing stimulus and then the markets begin to price in where we will be in 6-12 months. This doesn’t mean we’re in a long term bull market it just means governments are dropping tons and tons of money into the system which stimulates spending and in turn profits. For how long still needs to be determined, once it’s determined the market will react again.

You can hop up and down on the sidelines waving your fist decrying the broken system but that is how it works.

Last edited:

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
~6 weeks being immobilized by a COVID-19 infection is what it took for a lifetime of bodybuilding to get wiped out!

He's 43 and was 190 lbs. going in, 6 weeks later he's 140 lbs. going out - 50 lbs. of muscle and fat digested/dissolved!

CCPVirus-Destruction.png

Seeing what happened to this guy put a bad idea I had to rest... I would not have expected it to be that destructive to him given his age and health, etc.

I probably will take a vaccine at some point if created after it's fully tested and safe. My dad died of pneumonia at 61, probably from a flu virus, so something to take seriously.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
~6 weeks being immobilized by a COVID-19 infection is what it took for a lifetime of bodybuilding to get wiped out!

He's 43 and was 190 lbs. going in, 6 weeks later he's 140 lbs. going out - 50 lbs. of muscle and fat digested/dissolved!

CCPVirus-Destruction.png

Seeing what happened to this guy put a bad idea I had to rest... I would not have expected it to be that destructive to him given his age and health, etc.

I probably will take a vaccine at some point if created after it's fully tested and safe. My dad died of pneumonia at 61, probably from a flu virus, so something to take seriously.

Well first up if you don't eat anything at all for 6 weeks then yes, you're going to lose a shit ton of weight and if you already have a low bodyfat % then it's going to be muscle that gets stripped. Secondly the effect is likely to be enhanced exponentially by steroid withdrawal. Guy will have zero testosterone in his body right now, there's no way the doctors will have been topping up his roid dosage for him while he was on a ventilator.

Thirdly why would you only probably take a vaccine if it was fully tested and safe? What's with the maybe I won't?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Stopped believing that story when I got to or.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Trying to understand nightwolve is a slippery slope to retardville.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
that pic never fails to make me laugh, of some bald man-thot with a goa-fucking-tee in 2020.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Welp. Two weeks ago, I was told I'd be having class starting June 1st. Today, I've been told to not return to the school (but I still get fully paid). Writing's on the wall. No given reason. Is it because the party is trying to paint the coronavirus as an American virus? Is it because of the recent furor with Trump and Pompeo's comments against China, as well as the Uyghur Human Rights Bill and support for Hong Kong and Taiwan? Not gonna lie, four months of looking forward to going back to school and then to be told abruptly like this...it is, without a doubt, the coldest I have ever been treated with in China.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Welp. Two weeks ago, I was told I'd be having class starting June 1st. Today, I've been told to not return to the school (but I still get fully paid). Writing's on the wall. No given reason. Is it because the party is trying to paint the coronavirus as an American virus? Is it because of the recent furor with Trump and Pompeo's comments against China, as well as the Uyghur Human Rights Bill and support for Hong Kong and Taiwan? Not gonna lie, four months of looking forward to going back to school and then to be told abruptly like this...it is, without a doubt, the coldest I have ever been treated with in China.

Just you or all American teachers or all foreign teachers or all teachers?

StevenK

10 Year Member

Looks like you might be seeing your mom soon enough after all.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Come home, son. It’s time to sell your story to Hollywood.

The English Teacher
Starring
Will Ferrell as Aaron
Danny McBride as Uncle Lithy
Ken Jong as Aaron’s GF’s father
And Christopher Walken as Taiso

Marek

Banned

Come hang out with me. You need to decompress in fucking hardcore Freedomland.

Its probably time to come back anyway. Teaching chinese in 'Merca is a better long term bet.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Come home, son. It’s time to sell your story to Hollywood.

The English Teacher
Starring
Will Ferrell as Aaron
Danny McBride as Uncle Lithy
Ken Jong as Aaron’s GF’s father
And Christopher Walken as Taiso

Don't forget a cameo role by Norton playing himself, humping sage's neo collection while he's away.