The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Colloidal silver right? And a Z-pack, but you can't forget the Zinc supplement like the liberal media always fails to mention. There's a doctor in NYC who hasn't lost a single patient with this treatment.

/facebook

Bet it does about the same:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-confusion-leaves-some-hospitals-empty-handed

While remdesivir remains experimental, it has been used to treat patients with COVID-19. A study funded by the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases found that remdesivir reduced recovery time for seriously ill COVID-19 patients in the hospital by about four days, as compared to a placebo. That result intensified interest in the treatment.

But in Senate testimony Tuesday, Anthony Fauci, director of the institute, stressed that the study's result for remdesivir "was statistically significant but really modest. And we must remember it was only a modest result showing that the drug made a 31% faster time to recovery."

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Bet it does about the same:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-confusion-leaves-some-hospitals-empty-handed

While remdesivir remains experimental, it has been used to treat patients with COVID-19. A study funded by the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases found that remdesivir reduced recovery time for seriously ill COVID-19 patients in the hospital by about four days, as compared to a placebo. That result intensified interest in the treatment.

But in Senate testimony Tuesday, Anthony Fauci, director of the institute, stressed that the study's result for remdesivir "was statistically significant but really modest. And we must remember it was only a modest result showing that the drug made a 31% faster time to recovery."

No, I think remdesivir had the intended effect.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...hUKEwjIs4G74bPpAhUUZjUKHUf7DFcQ4dUDCAw&uact=5

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
How many of the listed companies are deemed essential? Part of supply chain, manufacturing, or at least tangentally related to the pharmecutical or healthcare industry?
The economy is in the toilet, but it should be clear that the economy that we tend to think of (state/local/retail) is completely separate from the money makers in the stock market.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
How many of the listed companies are deemed essential? Part of supply chain, manufacturing, or at least tangentally related to the pharmecutical or healthcare industry?
The economy is in the toilet, but it should be clear that the economy that we tend to think of (state/local/retail) is completely separate from the money makers in the stock market.

I dunno 35%, I'm sure if anybody wanted to bad enough they could classify themselves as such. I hear the sticking point right now is companies want to be shielded from lawsuits before fully going at it.

No doubt there's some winners but there's tons more losers.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
As for why the stock market hasn't cratered. Money is even more imaginary than usual at the moment, what isn't given directly to large companies is given in bits and pieces to customers who have few choices but to spend it with large companies, almost like a postdated check.

*puts on tinfoil wizard robe and hat*

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
As for why the stock market hasn't cratered. Money is even more imaginary than usual at the moment, what isn't given directly to large companies is given in bits and pieces to customers who have few choices but to spend it with large companies, almost like a postdated check.

Well that doesn't sound healthy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Too bad eclypse got banned. Gave us insight into the twisted mind of a Trumpfag, and a conduit for Popperz to unleash his rage.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member

This is very true. Inflation must be astronomical considering all the money being given out. I’m focusing on buying an oz or two of gold in physical form when possible. It’s international currency in a way and makes me feel safer even though it might not be the best investment it’s a great insurance policy.

I buy Canadian maple leafs as they are more pure % wise then American eagle coins which have other medals added to make them stronger.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Tell us more about your gold collection so we can raid your place first.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I don't understand why the stock market isn't at zero or at least some historically low number. This is about the worst thing economically to happen since the great depression and if it's continued to be mismanaged it could be worse.

The market is forward looking. It’s not about what has happened today it’s about where we will be in 6-12 months. World governments have committed to taking on as much debt as needed and stimulating to save their economies. Interest rates will either be negative or 0% for the next 10 years at least. Money is going to be cheaper than it ever has been.

I got out of the market in late March and went all in again about a month ago once most of the volatility settled down. There might still be a few shocks depending on the fall out in Europe but I think everything else has been priced in now.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You’d probably be better served buying beef bullion.

When the economy collapses at least you could eat.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I may be fooked. One of my co-workers tested positive for Covid-19 on Saturday, so, now we all have to be tested every week. I had those big long Q-tips shoved up both of my nostrils yesterday afternoon, but, haven't gotten the results back from the lab yet. The guy who has it works in laundry, and I don't usually interact with him, but, I did on Mother's Day, because I had to ask him a question about some clothing a woman had dropped off in the lobby for her Mother. I feel more or less okay, but, my immune system is fooked up to begin with, and then suppressed with chemotherapy, so, who knows? No fever or cough yet at least. If mine comes back positive, I'll be getting a mandatory quarantine "vacation" from work like him.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Damn man, hope the results come back soon as not knowing in the worst!

Stay safe, stay healthy, and hope you didn’t get it!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
yeah man hope it comes back negative...be safe bro

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Still no word on my results, but, the facility posted a notice this morning that another asymptomatic employee tested positive, and this time it's a direct care worker. At least all of the elderly residents' tests have come back negative so far, as they're the most at risk of dying from it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Thinking of you M, fingers crossed you keep out of the firing line of this fucked virus.