The all new 'What's it worth' thread

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
There's so much new stuff to get into o_O It's exciting though ^_^ Hopefully one day I'll be a full-fledged Neo Nerd as well ;D Thanks for getting me into this!

Your games room is really cool seen it on your website sometime ago, welcome to the Neo seen :D

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yes, I'm the girl that bought theSegaDude's AES collection, and I'm super happy with my new Neo Geo ^_^ It's a great system, and yes I do play the games. I only buy games to play them. I have a hard time to stop buying games though, cause whenever I get recommended something good I look it up and try to find it, otherwise I will forget about it >-<
Sorry, no disrespect intended, I assumed you were a guy because most of the people coming through here tend to identify as male. I shall make no more assumptions about peoples gender in the future.
And well, everyone says they're playing all their games all of the time, but looking at your website... meh, I remain skeptical.

I thought the Neo Geo store was recommended by this forum.. I guess I need to do some more research on other converters then if the Deadalus isn't ok?
I basically just want a converter that is as easy to use as possible and takes all the original MVS games. I don't have an issue with some games being in Japanese. And I'm not into cheating ;) Cheaper is always nice though...
The Neostore is run by the guy (Shawn) who pays for server fees, so buying there does these forums good... but as GohanX said, it tends to be a little pricey. GohanX is also spot on about the Deadalus (and I for one think it is an outrage Shawn sells "DGE" (David Garret Enterprises) products through his store).
The MagicKey -from all I have read- does work as well. Another bonus the MagicKey has is the cart orientation, puts less stress on the slot (the best way to reduce stress further is to plug the cart into the converter, then plug both into your system). But yeah, research is always good :)

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, no disrespect intended, I assumed you were a guy because most of the people coming through here tend to identify as male. I shall make no more assumptions about peoples gender in the future.
And well, everyone says they're playing all their games all of the time, but looking at your website... meh, I remain skeptical.
That's ok ^_^ I play games almost every day, and I've played every game in that room at least once. If I didn't like it I didn't play it for long, if I enjoy it I bring it out every time I have people over and play it when I'm alone as well. I keep all my games though, since I'm a hoarder and also I think about all the people that come visiting that might have different tastes in games than I do. I for example hate RPG's, but I have quite a few, for those friends that wanna play RPG's when they visit :)

The Neostore is run by the guy (Shawn) who pays for server fees, so buying there does these forums good... but as GohanX said, it tends to be a little pricey. GohanX is also spot on about the Deadalus (and I for one think it is an outrage Shawn sells "DGE" (David Garret Enterprises) products through his store).
The MagicKey -from all I have read- does work as well. Another bonus the MagicKey has is the cart orientation, puts less stress on the slot (the best way to reduce stress further is to plug the cart into the converter, then plug both into your system). But yeah, research is always good :)
Oh ok! Thanks for the info ^_^ I will continue the research and hopefully find myself a good converter. I do like the "top-loading" converters, I have the other kind for my SNES and they never hold the cartridge in place, and I bet it would be even more horrible with the enormous Neo Geo carts haha ^_^

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
That's ok ^_^ I play games almost every day, and I've played every game in that room at least once.

First of all - great game room! Lot's of cool stuff in there for sure. I like your website; clean and easy to follow.

Pretty jealous about the AES score - that's a hell of a score. A lot of early titles in there, all of which made many fans of the system!

Lastly, and I'm shocked no one has mentioned this, but you're a babe. ;)

Welcome to the community.

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First of all - great game room! Lot's of cool stuff in there for sure. I like your website; clean and easy to follow.

Pretty jealous about the AES score - that's a hell of a score. A lot of early titles in there, all of which made many fans of the system!

Lastly, and I'm shocked no one has mentioned this, but you're a babe. ;)

Welcome to the community.

Thanks for the warm welcome ^_^

I am very happy with how my game room has turned out :D it's great for throwing retro gaming parties ^_^ I also like being able to just pick up a game and play it, and with all the different TV's setup in my game room I can do just that :D

My AES score was lucky! I'm just happy I made such good friends with theSegaDude, he's awesome, and a good friend that gave me first shot at his AES when he sold it ^_^ I working on getting acquainted with all the titles, there's a lot of fighting games though which is not really my genre (I know ppl might hate me on here for that, but I'll probably learn to enjoy them more now with the Neo Geo), I've always preferred action/platform/shmup/puzzle games so I'm still on the hunt for more exciting Neo Geo games :)

Haha thanks ^^

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Gaiz. Twankle Star Sprites. MVS, loose, any region. How much does that go for?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
You have to have good luck and timing to snatch up a TSS cart in the $200 range. In fact, the ones listed for sale at $250 seem to sell immediately. Good luck. It's a tough cart to come by these days.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Wow, fuck that. I'll just get the DC version. Thanks for the info.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Price check on:

Hyper Street Fighter 2 Anniversary Edition phoenixed conversion
16350975293_33d1f2c38c_n.jpg

Mr. Driller G
16348701674_442c00bb6b_n.jpg

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
About $150 for the CPS2 Conversion, $100 for the Mr Driller G.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Yeah. Way overpriced. Conversions aren't hard to do, info is all around the internet. Basically, you're are looking at the cost of the board and the time it takes to reburn some eproms and adjust jumpers.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Actually, I'm not certain my Street Fighter is a conversion. I don't know much about CPS2. How can I tell if the game is a conversion and does it matter?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
What's the metal cover of an MV2F worth? I need one but no clue how much is a fair price for it.

Thanks!!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
What's the metal cover of an MV2F worth? I need one but no clue how much is a fair price for it.

Thanks!!

Jasen sells repops of them I think for $50-65ish and they come pre-powdercoated which makes it a great deal, but a used one you can get for $20-50.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Actually, I'm not certain my Street Fighter is a conversion. I don't know much about CPS2. How can I tell if the game is a conversion and does it matter?

It matters in that it could have any chips on it, not necessarily capcom chips, and it may have some jumpers, etc on it. It's very easy to tell if it's original - just open it up. Any board can be converted and they are worth roughly the same as loegan43 pointed out, a Puzz Loop conversion and a Pro Gear conversion are essentially worth the same, the cost of a B board, a shell, and the time to reprogram and swap some roms around. An original HSF w/original chips and on battery can do in the $300 range; a conversion $125-140. Don't confuse phoenixed with phoenixed conversion, though. Phoenixed is still all original boards and chips, just battery removed and program roms burned with the phoenix code from Raz. A phoenixed conversion is any B board turned into any other board and doesn't necessarily require any original chips and certainly wasn't the original game...again, may be really clean and a straight rom swap depending on the donor board, and may be a hodgepodge of jumpers, etc.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Whats a loose Magical Drop 3 w/ nice label intact worth?

Around $65-75 (English label tends to command more than Japanese). This is one I've been surprised hasn't shot up like many other quirky MVS games (MPE, Windjammers, NITD, etc.).

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was wondering if these were fair prices for the following MVS games

Metal Slug 2 kit 90€;
Last Resort kit 160€;
Metal Slug X w/Shockbox 110

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I was wondering if these were fair prices for the following MVS games

Metal Slug 2 kit 90€;
Last Resort kit 160€;
Metal Slug X w/Shockbox 110

I think MSX is too high. AFAIK, it's a $35-$40 game (cart-only). Add $5 for the shockbox, so I'd say $40-$5, that's like...€35-€40?

Regards.