The all new 'What's it worth' thread

RDI Halcyon

Timid Neo Newbie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's more time consuming,selling as set your gonna get a lot less money. I would suggest taking out some high value items and selling the rest as a set maybe.
That was indeed a thing I've been considering closely. Do I opt to sell at all knowing that I'll likely never get these back if I do, and if so do I go for the smaller but quicker amount or do I draw it out to get a larger overall sum in the long run? I'll probably just keep them for now, especially knowing how risky eBay can be.

yagamikun

Aero Fighters Flyboy
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
How much a Fatal Fury 3 US AES Mint goes now?

@heihachi and @yagamikun

Assuming it's 100% authentic and not an NGF release, between $1500 and $2500 would be my estimate. Taking into account the price of similar releases from 1995 (SS3 US is around $1500-$2500 depending on condition) in the market, I think that's a fair estimate.

The US retro market is so volatile right now overall that it's hard to pin values to much of anything - let alone something as niche as the AES. I mean, Shawn has a US copy of RBS sitting on the Neo Store for $11k... which is almost as much as the current value on a Japanese Metal Slug. 🤷‍♂️ I think that's crazy talk, but modern "collectors" are willing to pay big bucks for any US game these days. Price guides are generally worthless right now.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Assuming it's 100% authentic and not an NGF release, between $1500 and $2500 would be my estimate. Taking into account the price of similar releases from 1995 (SS3 US is around $1500-$2500 depending on condition) in the market, I think that's a fair estimate.

The US retro market is so volatile right now overall that it's hard to pin values to much of anything - let alone something as niche as the AES. I mean, Shawn has a US copy of RBS sitting on the Neo Store for $11k... which is almost as much as the current value on a Japanese Metal Slug. 🤷‍♂️ I think that's crazy talk, but modern "collectors" are willing to pay big bucks for any US game these days. Price guides are generally worthless right now.
Thanks again! Yeah priceguides are mostly outdated. So i guess i will set up a high price for for FF3. The person who bought the RBFF and RBFFS, wants it plus the KoF98 and AoF2.
As for the Metal Slug US well i sold mine many yeras back for way less then it costs now, same with the Garou US.
But it was still ok for me, even thought i would get a fortune for em now.

heihachi

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

It really is a crap shoot, so if you have patience and mint original copy then no harm starting at $2500. If you get some interest at that price but no takers, you could offer a couple hundred bucks off to try and seal the deal.

I do think that’s a bit high though and you’re much more likely to sell at a price under $2000. A few years ago (pre-Covid price hikes across the board), SS3 and FF3 were in the $800-$1100 range on eBay. But again, pre-Covid so that’s likely on the very low end today.