The 1991 game selection - Your favorites?

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Ninja Combat, Alpha Mission 2 and Fatal Fury were beauts for me!

mr.2jz

n00b
Since I enjoy the shmup and beat'em up genre:

Alpha Mission II
Ghosts Pilots
King of the Monsters
Ninja Combat

Still amazed how much these games hold up today.

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
Crossed Swords. Still good.

Hell yea.

I would have to say though, Super Baseball 2020 is probably my favorite in this bunch. I typically hate sports games, but this one was just a lot of fun.

chrd

n00b
I have a soft spot for Crossed Swords. Found an MVS cart of this game at a thrift shop in Brussels recently. Picked it up for € 40. Not really cheap but those days are over I guess..
Other than that I like Super Baseball 2020, just because I like baseball games on the Neo :-)

Finding Crossed Swords in a thrift shop nowadays is pretty cool in my opinion. I payed around € 30 last year and I considered that a very good deal, so I would rate € 40 still as a good deal (if the label is nice etc). Did they only have a single cart, or do they have a pile of MVS carts just waiting to be picked up :loco: ?

TheIronSheik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I definitely have to go with Fatal Fury, Super Baseball 2020, and King of the Monsters.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
Finding Crossed Swords in a thrift shop nowadays is pretty cool in my opinion. I payed around € 30 last year and I considered that a very good deal, so I would rate € 40 still as a good deal (if the label is nice etc). Did they only have a single cart, or do they have a pile of MVS carts just waiting to be picked up :loco: ?

Nope they just had that single cart lying around... so I snatched it, since the label was in good condition.
Checked the boards on it and it's a legit cart.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Nope they just had that single cart lying around... so I snatched it, since the label was in good condition.
Checked the boards on it and it's a legit cart.

Speaking of which, is there a resource online for confirming boards?

XeroShinobi

Rugal's Thug
Alpha Mission II is by far my favourite on the list. Sengoku and Fatal Fury would take second and third respectively.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
There's a handful of games in that selection I really enjoy. Out of that pile, my faves would be;

Alpha Mission II
Burning Fight
Crossed Swords
Fatal Fury
Ghost Pilots
League Bowling
Robo Army
Thrash Rally

Shanadria

New Challenger
Fatal Fury. I know the gameplay was horrible but I love the 2 players option and the story

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
All about the scrolling fighters for me in that selection, put a load of play time in to burning fight, robo army and sengoku. My friends would always slate BF as nothing but a final fight rip off, but I couldn't get enough of that genre back in those days and always felt it had a certain charm of its own. (as did robo and sengoku) Was really pleased to pick up and play BF and Sengoku on AES again in recent months, but robo army at a decent price isn't so easy to find.

I think it's been long enough since the last one. Same deal as before, pick your favorite titles from 1991.

I think the shitty games are actually worse compared to 1990, but the good games are pretty decent. The most notable release was Fatal Fury, it was the first fighting game on Neo Geo and set the stage for the most saturated genre on the entire console.

Alpha Mission II
Burning Fight
Crossed Swords
Eight Man
Fatal Fury
Ghost Pilots
King of the Monsters
League Bowling
Legend of Success Joe
Mahjong Bakatonosama Manyuki
Quest of Jong Master
Quiz Daisousa Sen
Robo Army
Sengoku
Super Baseball 2020
Thrash Rally

On that list, my favorite games are Fatal Fury, King of the Monsters and Thrash Rally.
What a bad list
I think bowling and ghost pilots are the only two I like