texas teen faces 8 years in prison for making 'terrorist threat' on league of legends.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Congrats America: you finally suck as much as Russia and China...little more to go before you catch up to Saudi Arabia and then it'll be fucking hilarious when you start bombing other countries to "preserve muh freedumz".

exactly what i was thinking.

the terrorists won, y'all

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I think locking this kid away is a good thing.

If there is one thing this country needs, it's less teenagers...
...especially texan teenagers

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I think locking this kid away is a good thing.

If there is one thing this country needs, it's less teenagers...
...especially texan teenagers

While I would ordinarily agree with you about getting rid of stupid teenagers, this case sets a scary precedent. I don't want the government to be able to prosecute citizens based on statements made online (or in other forums) regardless of intent or context.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
So has it only been since Sandy Hook that people have gotten more paranoid about stuff said online? Also is this game available on consoles or is it PC only? I have never heard of it until this thread but when it comes to crazy shit said online I have never heard worse than Street Fighter IV or Marvel 2 on xbox and ps3. All kinds of threats being yelled at you and then people sending you messages after the match to continue on with what was said.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
And on such flimsy pretences....he was close to a fucking SCHOOL?! HOLY FUCK.

Was there any psych evaluation? History of violence? Stockpiles of weapons? Or just a fat kid saying "edgy" shit like the "cool" people do on /b/?
The cops who took him in, the investigators, any lawyers and presiding judges involved + that stupid cunt from Canada need to serve out his sentence (in Guantanamo) and pay off his fines....if you want go after a threat to our way of life, our security and our freedom, look no further than those fags.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
doesnt matter where it was written.

I know someone that was expelled because he drew a picture of exploding planes after 9/11. Where was it listed or posted? In the trash. The teacher took it out of the trash, and he was expelled.
The kid never made it back into school, and is now a worthless highschool dropout, because of oversensitive trash diggers.

He's a wierd kid, but was never a violent wierd kid.

Jut think, we'll soon have Kinect 2 in our homees. People will be jailed for saying stuff like this all the time..

/tinfoil

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I don't understand how the fuck this kid is still in jail. I mean, this kid http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/dambrosio.asp got let go for basically the same thing, and he had a history of violence from what I understand. A jury refused to indict him, hopefully this poor fuck in Texas gets "freedom" by similar means.

Trial was supposed to begin today, but not finding any news about it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Those 5000 signatures can be a big help, namely helping to decide whom to choose from for jury duty during the appeal. XD

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've guilty of hundreds of rape threats if this is the case.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
League of Legends is the new DOTA!

which is sad, LOL was supposed to be the answer to DOTA for people tired of dealing with douches and shitty people.
I stopped playing altogether because the community reached a point where words like "aids" and "peruvian" were used as insults all the fucking time
also only 2 out of 10 matches could be played actually 'till the end.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
which is sad, LOL was supposed to be the answer to DOTA for people tired of dealing with douches and shitty people.
I stopped playing altogether because the community reached a point where words like "aids" and "peruvian" were used as insults all the fucking time
also only 2 out of 10 matches could be played actually 'till the end.

People that play LOL in Korea are totally different than in the USA. They're competitive here in Korea but they don't play or act like American players. I played a casual game just to learn it and when I did something wrong, the nerdrage from USA players came out full force. Quite annoying that it was.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
a little followup story. looks like the kid is not adjusting well to jail.

http://kotaku.com/life-behind-bars-extremely-traumatic-for-league-of-le-663988853

According to the parents of the 19-year-old facing eight years of prison for making threatening Facebook comments, jail has been a horrible experience for Justin Carter. Maybe that sounds like a no-brainer, but reading the specifics of what Justin Carter is undergoing while jailed is kind of shocking.

Parents Of Jailed League of Legends Player: 'It Was A Joke'
Today, the parents of Justin Carter, the 19-year-old League of Legends player facing eight years in prison for threatening Facebook comments he made, … Read…
Yesterday, we learned that Carter is on suicide watch in solitary confinement. But there's more to it according to NPR. Carter seems to be "suffering quite a bit of abuse" according to Carter's parents.

"Without getting into the really nasty details, he's had concussions, black eyes, moved four times from base for his own protection...he's been put in solitary confinement, nude, for days on end because he's depressed. All of this is extremely traumatic to this kid. This is a horrible experience," Carter's father, Jack, told NPR.

Carter is currently in jail because he jokingly told another League of Legends player that he was "going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,” followed by “lol” and “jk”.

He was charged with making terrorist threats and is currently awaiting trial. If convicted, he can face up to 10 years in prison according to NPR. The bail, meanwhile, is set at $500,000, which Carter's attorney says he has "never seen" despite representing murderers, terrorists, and rapists in the past.

A new hearing is scheduled for July 16th, at which point Carter's attorney will bring up the issue of abuse.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
This is an example of how incredibly stupid, out of control and idiotic we have let our country become.

I predicted this shit years ago, on account of the decline of the nuclear family and the rise of the feminine mommy left.

People are so out of touch with objective reality at this point they are living almost in 'The Matrix' now.

And no one realizes that the thing that causes school shootings is the media itself.

In the 90s people were relatively stupid, but I could handle them, they hadn't become the Eloi from HG Wells yet.

But now... OMFG some of my worst predictions have come horrifically true and it's pretty surreal.

A significant part of the American population these days is delusional paranoid ignoramus without a shred of individualism or the capacity for critical thinking.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
God damn! Poor kid! Clearly he was a bit of a dick but he's probably gonna be in therapy for the rest of his life trying to get over this...

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
you just watch this kid is dangerous, at least by the time he gets out of jail he will be capable of doing what he had joked about previously.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I hope this kid gets to sue the living fuck out of the state when he's freed. There's no way they can actually convict him on anything, he had no intent.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I predicted this shit years ago, on account of the decline of the nuclear family and the rise of the feminine mommy left..

Your absence along with Rayphex has been tough on me, thank god someone gets it.

In the past...in other parts of the world, a nations slide into a corrupt shithole banana republic was usually based on extremity from either side of the political spectrum (or the absence of both).

Only in America can you get limp wristed, leftist faggotry and right wing borderline fascist corporatism working together on turning a once feared, loved, and respected country into a fucking joke.

Mock feminism, the promotion of promiscuity, divorce, etc. are all products of the leftist welfare state, while never ending war, paranoia, and the prison industrial complex are products of a right wing police state. Thanks to the dissolution of families and the undermining of a mans role in raising a child, the left produces (and accommodates) criminals and idiots, while the right makes its money putting those idiots in jail or sending them to war.

In America the unseen hands Mussolini and Stalin are working together on a shared vision lol.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
All very frustrating to read, how can basic common sense elude such a large number of educated people? I hope there's some fallout after this for everyone involved.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Your absence along with Rayphex has been tough on me, thank god someone gets it.

Thx, I've missed you and Takumaji, Rarehero, etc. myself. (leaving a lot of people out here)

In the past...in other parts of the world, a nations slide into a corrupt shithole banana republic was usually based on extremity from either side of the political spectrum (or the absence of both).

Yup, where the parties rabidly disagree with everything the other one says not based on cooperation, merit or reality, but on a primitive us-vs-them tribal level. Which is where our once more civilized and sophisticated nation sort of used to be.

Only in America can you get limp wristed, leftist faggotry and right wing borderline fascist corporatism working together on turning a once feared, loved, and respected country into a fucking joke.
And a joke ruled by the internet/media, which operates by getting people glued to their tv sets/monitors to sell advertising- via the nations soccer moms and absentee, pussy fathers. And people just conveniently ignore the fact that America has always had guns, and the school shooting phenomenon only began with Columbine which was because it was a 24/7 media clusterfuck. And now everyone's got a video camera integrated into practically every device they fucking own- it's become the ultimate way for insane psychopaths to 'be a star', all thanks to stupid dumbasses, the internet and reality tv.

Mock feminism, the promotion of promiscuity, divorce, etc. are all products of the leftist welfare state, while never ending war, paranoia, and the prison industrial complex are products of a right wing police state. Thanks to the dissolution of families and the undermining of a mans role in raising a child, the left produces (and accommodates) criminals and idiots, while the right makes its money putting those idiots in jail or sending them to war. In America the unseen hands Mussolini and Stalin are working together on a shared vision lol.

Yeah, there has been a fundamental collective obliviousness to the obvious notion that you need to raise quality, well formed and properly educated children who will grow up to be contributing members of society that at least think for themselves on a basic level.

I don't know about you and the rest of the guys here, but when I was growing up, my over protective, emotional and wildly illogical mother wasn't some political activist lobbying congress to ban the use of motorcycles so her son wouldn't ever have the opportunity to buy one.