Tattoo Thread

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
tattoo, whos got one/some

I'm thinking of going out this weekend and get some ink done. I was going to see whos got one/some. also post your stories on how you came to pick one and how did it go.

thinking about getting the logo in the middle on the new zelda box for t.p

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
fatal fury fan #2 said:
thinking about getting the logo in the middle on the new zelda box for t.p

you shouldnt give up on pussy at such a young age.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
FeelGood said:

Awesome, youre back.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
FeelGood said:

And FeelGood owns the thread with post #2. Holy fuck! :tickled:

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
I've got a tiny tattoo.
I majored in Japanese in college so my little sister and I got kanji for 'big sister' and 'little sister'. When we stand back to back, it combines to make the Chinese character for 'sisters'.
I don't think it really hurt. It was actually kind of fun. My little sister, however, passed out during hers and had a seizure. Ooops. (Keep in mind, each of ours couldn't have taken more than 15 mintus each). She's a pussy though, so I'm not surprised.

My next is going to be the mail moogle from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. I've been carrying the design in my wallet for a long time, but I just haven't found the right artist yet.

Hm, I guess I don't have any images uploaded, but mine isn't really anything that great to look at. Guess it's just meaningfun to me and my lil sis.
EDIT: Nevermind, here is a crappy pic. And here are some of my old designs for my moogle. I'm getting the blue one.

Last edited:

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Here are my tattoos.

This is my work in progress, i have had no work done on it in a few years. Really need to get round to finishing it.

This is my 16 years old, drunk, and stupid tattoo.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I've gotten seven thus far, four being anime and gaming-related.

Depending on where you get it (body and actual studio location) it shouldn't overly hurt. It feels like an itchy sting.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I got 2, hate them both. Did them both myself in a drunken Everclear frenzy when I was 16 and invincible. They both look like shit. My cousin got the worst of the deal though, mine are pretty small (watch size design across the wrist and an onyx between thumb and pointer). My cousin (22 at the time, and SOBER) let 6 very drunk teens take turns mutulating his WHOLE arm. Idiot. His arm still looks like shit despite the professional attempts to cover it up.

BTW what is up with the triangle ass cheek?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Lucent Beam said:
I've got a tiny tattoo.
I majored in Japanese in college so my little sister and I got kanji for 'big sister' and 'little sister'. When we stand back to back, it combines to make the Chinese character for 'sisters'.
I don't think it really hurt. It was actually kind of fun. My little sister, however, passed out during hers and had a seizure. Ooops. (Keep in mind, each of ours couldn't have taken more than 15 mintus each). She's a pussy though, so I'm not surprised.

My next is going to be the mail moogle from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. I've been carrying the design in my wallet for a long time, but I just haven't found the right artist yet.

Hm, I guess I don't have any images uploaded, but mine isn't really anything that great to look at. Guess it's just meaningfun to me and my lil sis.
EDIT: Nevermind, here is a crappy pic. And here are some of my old designs for my moogle. I'm getting the blue one.

Thank god you can actually read the Kanji.

Everytime i see some dumb motherfucker with characters in a foriegn language it makes me chuckle. I have read WAY to many horror stories of people getting Japanese/Chinese characters on their arms that they are told mean one thing, but in actuality mean something completely different (usually stupid).

Glad you dont fall into that above category of retards.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Thank god you can actually read the Kanji.

Everytime i see some dumb motherfucker with characters in a foriegn language it makes me chuckle. I have read WAY to many horror stories of people getting Japanese/Chinese characters on their arms that they are told mean one thing, but in actuality mean something completely different (usually stupid).

Glad you dont fall into that above category of retards.

Hahahaha.

I once dated a girl that had some random kanjis in her left wrist, she said "it's my grandfather's name" -- obviously, it wasn't.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I have two, a bulldog on my calf and my astrological sign on my arm. The bulldog I don't mind, but the one on my arm is a constant reminder that beer and tattoo parlors do not mix.

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Yup its a triangle arse. To my defense the original is the same.

Although in hindsight i maybe should have had the tattoo changed.

Last edited:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
What gets me are people who say "I got this while drunk".

Any reputable tattoo parlor/artist will request that you not show up for your tattoo intoxicated, and will refuse to do the work if you are.

That being said, I have a tattoo on my chest. I want to get more, but everyone said for my first I should go with something relatively small and simple, to see if I could even stand the process. Its from a much larger design of mine.

tattoo.jpg

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
I have a celtic band around my right bicep, and my last name in a gaelic font below it. I created the band using various Celtic Knots and other imagery. I got them after we finally met/visited my family in Ireland. Not sure if i'm going to get anymore, but i love the ones I have. Total time in the chair was ~16 hours with shading, spread over 2 consecutive days.

My advice to you is to make sure its something thats meaningful to you. Don't get some crappy flash art or a dumb tweety bird tattoo you're going to regret years from now.

I'd also suggest you think long about placement. In my experience, you'll be hard pressed to find a decent white collar job with your tats showing all over the place, and even if you do, i doubt you'd be taken seriously. Mine are only visible when I want them to be.

Last edited:

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
What gets me are people who say "I got this while drunk".

Any reputable tattoo parlor/artist will request that you not show up for your tattoo intoxicated, and will refuse to do the work if you are.

That being said, I have a tattoo on my chest. I want to get more, but everyone said for my first I should go with something relatively small and simple, to see if I could even stand the process. Its from a much larger design of mine.

tattoo.jpg

Show us the larger design!

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Neo Mike said:
I have a celtic band around my right bicep, and my last name in a gaelic font below it. I created the band using various Celtic Knots and other imagery. I got them after we finally met/visited my family in Ireland. Not sure if i'm going to get anymore, but i love the ones I have. Total time in the chair was ~16 hours with shading, spread over 2 consecutive days.

My advice to you is to make sure its something thats meaningful to you. Don't get some crappy flash art or a dumb tweety bird tattoo you're going to regret years from now.

I'd also suggest you think long about placement. In my experience, you'll be hard pressed to find a decent white collar job with your tats showing all over the place, and even if you do, i doubt you'd be taken seriously. Mine are only visible when I want them to be.

Speaking of Tweety bird tats... an old friend of mine had one done right near her crotch. Pretty lame. If she was my girl I'd be annoyed at seeing that while I fucked her.

4lom

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Here's what I've had done to my back.

http://www.jamesobarr.net/gallery.asp?page=8&id=138&cat=5

I've also have to small ones on my arms, one is a chinese symbol for good luck surrounded by fire and water, and the other one is a tiny black dragon.

I will be getting another one on the back of my neck later this year. As for the pain it really depends on the person. talking to the guys who have worked on me, always tell me everyone is different when it comes to pain.

Love it or hate, I enjoy my tatt's, no regrets. Hell I even gotten my father and step mother into doing it as well.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
northernsoul said:
Here are my tattoos.

This is my work in progress, i have had no work done on it in a few years. Really need to get round to finishing it.

need to get that shit colored.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I'm to lazy to somehow take a picture of my backpiece, but its of this image of Ganesha:

Looks pretty identical, very painful and if your friend is not a tattoo artist with his own shop, don't try to get something like this done, expensive as shit.

I have some other tattoos on my left leg as well, nothing as impressive though.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
GeoStigma said:
I'm to lazy to somehow take a picture of my backpiece, but its of this image of Ganesha:

Looks pretty identical, very painful and if your friend is not a tattoo artist with his own shop, don't try to get something like this done, expensive as shit.

I have some other tattoos on my left leg as well, nothing as impressive though.
Are you a practicing Hindu?

I'm only curious because something that large seems like it'd require some serious thought before you decided to get it. Does it represent something for you?

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Buro Destruct said:
Are you a practicing Hindu?

I'm only curious because something that large seems like it'd require some serious thought before you decided to get it. Does it represent something for you?

I've been practicing for 6 years, somewhere between a Hindu and Hare Krishna (more Hare Krishna temples near where I live). I worship Ganesha and Lord Krishna.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Got the kanji for kitsune tattooed on the back of my neck a couple years ago. Gotta get that shit touched up still, since the artist that did it wasn't very good (he was recommended by a friend of mine; good thing I don't talk to that friend anymore).

Sundance

Sho's Rival
I looked around for a couple of years. I checked libraries and museums for just the right artist and then located books of his art. The artist Yoshitoshi, is one of the greatest woodblock artists of his time, imho. I also looked around for a decent artist and a friend of mine had just got a tat from a place next to his work around the same time i made the decision. So i ended up paying $100 and trading a signed Lady Death card. Her husband was a collector..lol.

GeishaTatt.jpg

The tat comes from a unique Japanese folkstory about a prince that fell in love w/ a Geisha. As soon as his father found out he had her killed underneath a cherryblossom tree. So every year the prince would come to the tree on the anniversary of her death to see her ghost. I have 4 more planned but am in no rush to get them. There going to run between 300 and 600 a each. :( Anyhow, take your time and make sure you find a good artist. This will most likely be on your body for the rest of your life.