Talladega Nights > Anchorman

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Now I've never been too fond of Anchorman, it had some good moments but aside from a few ok one-liners it was pretty average.

Now Talladega Nights, that's a genius movie right there. It's got everything Anchorman wish it had and some good dynamics, like the disappointed father/approval-seeking son motif.
I wish Gary Cole would get more movie roles.

I'm posting this because TN is on Starz now.
lmao, one of my fave parts is when Gary Cole's character takes his tickets and then scalps them..easily one of the best comedies ever. Top 5 man, top 5.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Both are movies I'd only watch once, and I actually bought Talladega Nights

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I got Talladage Nights with my PS3 i sold it without even watching it! :buttrock:

Looked like a dumb movie for dumb people.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
both were terrible.
the only good thing about anchorman was the newspeople fight,
and that's probably because it was a bunch of other people not will ferrell

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
John C. Reilly was funnier than Ferrell in Talledega.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
No Talladega Nights is funny much like Anchorman, it may have a few more funny parts in it.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
"That JUST happened!"
I loved Talladega Nights, my roommate and I were in tears in some scenes. Definitely more entertaining that Anchorman, even though Anchorman had Sex Panther. :lolz:

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
You guys are retarded. I walked out of Talladega Nights after the first 40 mins because I didn't laugh once. Not once. The only reason I went to see it to begin with was because I read the creator of Anchorman was directing it. So I automatically though, WIN! Even though I hate NASCAR. But then again I don't really like the news either. All I got was a celluloid shit on my eyeballs. Horrible doesn't even describe that movie. Now Anchorman is definitely one of my favorites of all time. Talladega doesn't even hold a candle to that movie in terms of funny. I guess everyone's allowed to their own misguided opinions. :oh_no:

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
I never saw Anchorman, but I've seen Talladega Nights at least five times, so I really can't comment on this.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
FormlessOne said:
You guys are retarded. I walked out of Talladega Nights after the first 40 mins because I didn't laugh once. Not once. The only reason I went to see it to begin with was because I read the creator of Anchorman was directing it. So I automatically though, WIN! Even though I hate NASCAR. But then again I don't really like the news either. All I got was a celluloid shit on my eyeballs. Horrible doesn't even describe that movie. Now Anchorman is definitely one of my favorites of all time. Talladega doesn't even hold a candle to that movie in terms of funny. I guess everyone's allowed to their own misguided opinions. :oh_no:

Same here, I was very dissapointed with TN.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
What are you guys crazy? Anchorman was genius.

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

TN was great too, but Anchorman is fucking awesome.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
BoriquaSNK said:
What are you guys crazy? Anchorman was genius.

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

Anchorman was the shit... TN on the other hand... I hadn't watched it until last night on starz and I have to say it was what I expected it to be... not good at all. Yeah there are some funny parts, but most of them were in the previews and it just wasn’t as solid of a movie as Anchorman. TN was more of Will Ferrel running around in his underwear…

“Not so fast, you ingrates. Public News Team is taking a break from its pledge drive to kick some ass. No commercials; no mercy.”

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
i was just browsing between classes at school and saw this thread. i HAD to sign in so i could comment:

anchorman is a brilliant movie and one of the greatest comedies of all time. talladega nights was a huge disappointment with like 1 good scene and 2 or 3 other good lines.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I just want to say Vince Vaughn is a very awkward comedic actor, partly because of his voice, and that Dodgeball really, really, REALLY sucked.

so hopefully that redeems me in the eyes of you Anchorman hosers.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Ken Masters said:
Old School is better then both of those.

correct, due to the fact that will ferrel isn't the main character. he's hilarious but any lead role he gets should be restricted to a 30 minute short film.