Swearing in the intro of KOF 98?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
If someone really wants to "un-fix" their cart... I don't think I'd kill a working cart for this, but someone probably will.

242-m1.m1
CRC: 4EF7016B

Toki

n00b
I just tried it on MAME and I definitely hear, "Play that shit like you just got your motherfuckin'...".

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Just wanted to add that there's an extended version of this sample in the end credits after you defeat Rugal. Caught it last night around 2 am and was like WHAAAAAAAT

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
This is hilarious. I always thought I heard "shit" in the intro whenever I booted up my MVS copy. I'll recheck both of my blue carts when I get home tonight.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
I used to play this game a lot as a kid at Funland

498794749f1ab35f1868fc509391c6f875e514ae6857d2382deee16176442a1e_zps49881e14.jpg

Funland. The good ol days.

I think KOF98's cart price just went up a bit because of this. :rolleyes:

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Yep, I've got one KOF98 that has the voice sample at the start of the intro and one KOF98 that has it removed.

Cart on top is an "uncensored" Japanese version with replacement label.
Cart on the bottom is a US version.
IMG_6720.JPG

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
I found out recently my 98 US version serial number 7818 is also uncensored lol.

RetroGiga68k

New Challenger
Man, I wonder if there are any other games that have samples such as this?

The one that surprised me, was the loud "I'm ready to fucking spill!" sample in a stage bgm, in the Japanese Dreamcast release of Capcom vs SNK Millennium Fight 2000 (and Pro). You can hear it at 1:17 in this ost rip.

the champ

n00b
Swearing shit!!!

I dont really care about the swearin all I want is to kick some ass in my best fighting game eva.Still the best in kof 98. The champ. Peace
Anyone who is worthy can confront the dragon's fury. Are you worthy?

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
In the near future on fleabay: King of Fighters 98 Uncensored $500 :thevt:

I only have it on multicarts. Sadly, neither the 138 nor the 161 has this voice sample in the intro.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
When I owned this on MVS i use to play the intro over and over to hear the words what sounded like play that shit motherfuck but never fully understood what was being said.

1up

Galford's Armourer
In the last few days i had the opportunity to test a few kof 98 mvs carts, all legit.

blue cart - serial 107302 - with voice
blue cart - serial 107400 - with voice
red cart - serial 102750 - no voice
white cart - scratch serials - no voice
dark transparent cart - scratch serials - no voice

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Hey Ninja,

You ever hear the into to KOF2k2? :eek_2: / :lolz:

So I just recieved an MVS cart from a kind gent from this site and when I booted it up to test it out I was shocked with hearing "Play that shit like you got your motherfucking" haha. Now I used to play this game alot as a kid at Funland (Wisconsin arcade) and I damn sure don't remember that part of the intro and I'm pretty sure I would of noticed that. Anyone got any info on this? is it a quote from a movie? Is it because my MVS board has the Japanese bios?

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
I have a blue japanese cart which is uncensored. What is funny that I bought it from ebay and it included the art set also. The art set turned out to be just bad photo copies. I contact the seller and told what the real art set looks like and that he should be more careful cos in some MVS games there is a big difference in value with just the cart vs cart + art set vs full kit. So I asked that he refund some of price. So I paid the normal cart price but I always were little sad about the whole transaction until now :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
oh goody, finally some dumb noob necrod this thread.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Yeah I know it is common as dirt but I didnt know this about Kof98 and like I say it is just nice that there was something good about that purchase. I am sorry if I am more like glass is half full than half empty type of person.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yeah I know it is common as dirt but I didnt know this about Kof98 and like I say it is just nice that there was something good about that purchase. I am sorry if I am more like glass is half full than half empty type of person.
JWGutV7.gif

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
I'd say you're more like a fucking idiot but that's me.

Wow I thought in one day of thinking you would have removed that comment. Well you have born in the right place down under with all those snakes and shit!
You're fav game of all time is Snake Pass? right? :keke:

Last edited: