SvC Chaos AES no sound???

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Well, I finally took the plunge and picked up the homecart. Unfortunately I've tried reinserting the cart about 50 times and still either can get no sound or usually garbled sound. The graphics appear to be perfect however, as I've played several matches and had no other problems with the game.

I know for a fact that it's the game as I've tried several other homecarts and those work perfectly.

I also noticed that the cart seems to be slightly bowed in the front...don't know if that's a manufacturing issue or what but it's also disconcerting to say the least.

I searched the Tech Forum for a solution but no one seems to have a definite solution so I thought I'd ask again in the hopes that someone here knows something new.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
^

I cleaned the connectors as suggested in another thread but no success. The best I can figure is a poor soldering job by Playmore, and I'm not going to open a $300 cart to check a soldering job that I'm not comfortable fixing myself.

Any ideas? Otherwise I'm sending this back...

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Phoenix Down said:
^

I cleaned the connectors as suggested in another thread but no success. The best I can figure is a poor soldering job by Playmore, and I'm not going to open a $300 cart to check a soldering job that I'm not comfortable fixing myself.

Any ideas? Otherwise I'm sending this back...

I'd take the top off the AES and try it that way..

Maybe that bow in the front is causing the cart not to insert correctly..
It could be pushing up against the top of the AES and not making good contact with the connectors..

I've seen some posts here about fixing the bowing cart problem..whereas you have to cut something..

I myself would be pretty pissed off I had a cart like that..but that's how certain new carts were made by Playmore.

I did a search using all kinds of terms..and came up with nothing until I typed in..

Messed up Cart

If you type that in a search you'll find several topics pertaining similar problems with that cart.

Last edited:

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
^

Ok, I've pretty much tried everything that anyone has ever suggested on the forums with this cart (short of opening it up) and the sound is still screwed up.

At this point I'm going to try to get another copy or just a refund.

Anyway, thanks for the help, it was worth a shot anyway...

This game has to qualify as THE most messed up release in history.:( :oh_no: :crying:

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
sound fix

It is a bad soldering connection in your cart. Open it up and just fix it. It is the small pcb chip on the top board....

Last edited:

SNKjr

NEST Puppet
T_Smallz said:
It is a bad soldering connection in your cart. Open it up and just fix it. It is the small pcb chip on the top board....
My apologies for reviving this thread, but I am in the same boat with my chaos cart, so what number exactly on the chip is it and which one of the boards is it? I will get someone to do it but he needs to know exactly what chip it is.