Sush Bar for Atomiswave

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
this may not interest many these days but back when a few of us where betting on the AW Sushi Bar was a very interesting prospect. after that it invariably became shrouded in mystery and became even more enticing
I'm sure this is common practice but every so often I actively search for updates or trails that may lead to these games. lo and behold I came across this video just now.
as I say it may not look like much in a post Candy Crush post Wii world, but it wasn't always the case.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I was just talking about this game in chat the other evening, I found that video this week as well when I was trying to find out if the game ever really came out or not. I really wish the Chinese warezers would get a hold of teh ROMs and make carts of that. Looks like it'd be a fun addition to the Atomiswave library.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
that looks like a fun game. Poor AW, it just came out at a wrong time for the arcade market. The lineup was rather average, except for that super gun Fist of the North Star game. That cart never left my cab :buttrock:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
that looks like a fun game. Poor AW, it just came out at a wrong time for the arcade market. The lineup was rather average, except for that super gun Fist of the North Star game. That cart never left my cab :buttrock:

I felt it was a lost opportunity but just a bland filler system made by a company that wasn't taking sure steps towards the future. obviously there are various merits with regards to the games. I really liked Rumble Fish 2 and Dolphin Blue for instance. but the games where all watered down and lacked personality. there was no edge to any of it. I mean FOTNS lacks proper violence. to me that's ridiculous. and SS was neutered horribly. though:

that's what it always was ment to be like. proper gonads

madman

It was really just a Dreamcast that used carts, or a slightly less powerful (memory only IIRC) NAOMI that didn't require a dozen different wires to hook up to a cab. Timing was definitely bad, but otherwise who knows why it didn't get a larger library. Considering its compact size, relatively small media and prices today it's worth picking up IMO.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Id say it's definitely worth owning for Dolphin Blue alone.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
It was the only puzzle game made for the system. And I agree, now that the roms are shareware, someone needs to get carts made so we can all play it on real hardware. Atomiswave only had 30 games! (25 released & 5 protos) And only half of them were "normal joystick & buttons" playable games! But I feel that even with that small library, it still is a fun little system. Plug & play / quick & easy. Naomi sucks bro. Big bulky carts, GD roms, cables, wires, Jamma adapters, etc. Yuck! Big huge hassle & mess. No thanks.

madman

Turns out Arcade Modbios sells NAOMI carts of this game. Kind of a bummer they're not Atomiswave carts, but I suppose better than nothing.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Turns out Arcade Modbios sells NAOMI carts of this game. Kind of a bummer they're not Atomiswave carts, but I suppose better than nothing.

Hmm, cool. Didn't know it had been found and released. I'd have to imagine it would be easy to get back on the Atomiswave. It probably had the same edits done to it that the other AW to Naomi games went through.

I'd love to see an AW cart of this surface somewhere. I'd get one for sure.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
If anyone is looking for the ROM, it's in the MAME ROM set update for .172 to .173. I'm guessing this is the AW dump, so should be super easy to make a cart from this :) Might have to give this one a go with a KOF 11 boot I have.

madman

Turns out the carts are crazy expensive from modbios, he said it's best to get a 4 in 1 NAOMI boot from him that's 180 Euro. No thanks. Rabbit, if you have the ability to program the flash chips and get it done successfully, I'm sure you could sell the carts here. I'd be in for one.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Turns out the carts are crazy expensive from modbios, he said it's best to get a 4 in 1 NAOMI boot from him that's 180 Euro. No thanks. Rabbit, if you have the ability to program the flash chips and get it done successfully, I'm sure you could sell the carts here. I'd be in for one.

Dude steals code from other people then sells it as his own. FUCK THAT GUY.

madman

Dude steals code from other people then sells it as his own. FUCK THAT GUY.

I don't know anything about him other than I've landed on his page a few times, but after seeing his price list he sent...no thanks.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I want to play that game after watching the video. Really cool idea.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I would have VERY strong interest in an AW cart of Sushi Bar.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
cool topic and all, but shouldn't this be in Arcade Central, Unrelated or Game Play rather than General (SNK/Neo) Discussion?
*meh*