Super Street Fighter IV is 'Rog

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Time for a renewed thread about SUPER IV.

Wow, I am totally floored by the bad ass new things of this game. Cody's ultra is my favorite looking of them all, just totally rugged. I'm using this dude, even if he has horrid match ups.

Look at some of these videos, really cool hardcore changes in over all presentation. I'll do some run downs of my opinion.

How god like is this? Makes me wish Rolento was in the game more though. I still don't care since we got Cody and Adon, but you really gotta totally hate games to not appreciate this killer new BG.

http://ces.gamespot.com/video/6245066/

----------------------------

This stage is ten different levels of killer. I just can't wait to see this all in action and turn off the damn US voices.

Also, this stage theme is totally godlike, and god damn does Adon look like a bad ass in this. They captured his creepy style to where it makes him much more personality based then he ever was. To me this game is special because I'm a huge Alpha 2 nut also.

http://ces.gamespot.com/video/6245064/
-------------------------------

OMG this BG and theme are just to sexy. I love the cultural respectives in these new changes. Ken's changes seem like stuff I totally agree with.

http://ces.gamespot.com/video/6245175/
--------------------------------

I'm never touching SFIV again when this drops. Really can't wait. Haven't been this psyched for a new fighter since KOF 2001's release.

BTW, Rog takes the cake for new costumes. His is totally killer and ridiculous.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I can't wait to use Ibuki again. And Dudley.

Seriously, the SFIV cast was so boring. SSFIV looks to fix it.

Hopefully, it's not too expensive. I alread paid nearly full price for IV.

Day 1 (after exams).

snk`

Kula's Candy
Some Ultra's are becoming like cinematics, and that's not a good thing. Akuma's ultra bored me to death.

Too fucking long.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Dudley is back? I'm in.. I'm in NOW.

I'm going to feel badly finishing you guys off on live with his Rose taunt... I've finished a few board members off with that. ;)

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I'd be a lying bastard if I said I wasn't hyped about this game. Me being hyped about this game is something serious too because I HATE the way this looks but this recent update with all the characters I've loved for so long is like a gift from God. Every last character in the update is a character that I play.

After watching that, all I can say is "DAY ONE MOTHERFUCKER".

Capcom better not let me the fuck down and this game be unbalanced cuz I ain't gonna stand for it. They've done good by pleasing the fans of lesser liked characters but they better not be there just for the sake of being there.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Yeah, I hope to god those costumes are unlocked from the get-go.

Rog's is fucking hilarious....I think I'll main him just to play my friends and start talking all kinds of Rog-themed shit when I beat their ass down/get paid etc.

OH, and Dudley!
Beating down that uncle tom motherfucker in the new Rog suit is gonna kill me with laughter. Yeah....I think I'm gonna have to get this one.

Ryu's new super made a huge jump from lame---->awesome in a big way too.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
hope it's better than regular SFIV - what a shitfest that game was, unlocking characters against the rubbish CPU was fucking tat. Not to mention the most uninspired lineup of characters, lack of supers and theatrical ultra tat. Will give Super a chance though, i mean Cody and Guy are one reason to play it,

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
The game looks better and better everyday, BUT they have to fix the balance issues and glitchy gameplay. Otherwise all the new shiny goodness means nothing.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
Where the heck are you all getting Dudley from? I still haven't seen any footage of him.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Not gonna lie, this looks pretty boss! And to think I almost bought SFIV last week for $10...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Where the heck are you all getting Dudley from? I still haven't seen any footage of him.

A great SF site called Event Hubs leaked out information about the game when it was first relieved and pretty much all of it has been true. They've said about having two ultras per character and all of the new characters that have already been announced have been true. They said next on the list is a new character that's an oil crazed grappler fighter, Ibuki, Dudley and Makoto from SF III. I still want to see Karin or give Fei-Long counter moves, but we can't get everything.

Now the new thing everybody's been complaining about is the new Ultra Counters. It looks like Blanka and Cammy all have new Ultras, but there counter moves. So the thing that everybody hates is how are you supposed to counter it with the huge amount of time on the animation and when pretty much every Ultra can be used as a counter. So having a move, just to counter seems stupid to them.

That's why I loved Karin, she had the high and low counters right off the bat. It's like Geese in KoF. While I'm only beginning to learn how to use them, I can see how much fun they'd be because you can counter just about every attack coming at you. I really wish they'd make a more counter driven character in SF rather then the projectile happy Shoto clones.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Like that would be a bad purchase?!?!?!?!

Oh no, i'm not saying it's a bad purchase but why spend money on a downgrade when the newest is coming out in three months? Though getting some practice would be nice...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Oh no, i'm not saying it's a bad purchase but why spend money on a downgrade when the newest is coming out in three months? Though getting some practice would be nice...

Capcom has said that people who've bought the first game will get extras in SSF4. Besides, the game isn't coming out in a few months, and SF4 is well-worth $10, you may as well grab it for the extras and to prepare yourself for when it does hit.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
This is the biggest game on my radar for this coming year so far. Can't wait for it to drop.

Capcom has said that people who've bought the first game will get extras in SSF4. Besides, the game isn't coming out in a few months, and SF4 is well-worth $10, you may as well grab it for the extras and to prepare yourself for when it does hit.

I second this. Definitely wouldn't hurt getting some time in with IV before getting Super. I'm sure a lot of the match-ups will stay the same for the most part so now is a good time to start learning them and get a feel for the original cast. Even with its shortcomings, IV is a great game.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Or you could have just added this to the SSF4 thread already in progress.... :spock:

REGARDLESS

SSf4 is gonna be so cash.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Can't wait for this game, I wanted to love SF4 and while I did like it, there were just too many things I didn't like about it.

LWK, you said you heard this game is more like Alpha 2, in what way?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The first milkage of a new Capcom game always (?) turns out well. So, really, I can't wait.

SF2 to SFTCE/Turbo
SFA to SFA2
SFIII to SFIIIDI
X-Men to Marvel SuperHeroes
SSF2 to SSF2T

and the list goes on.

One thing that doesn't look like it's going to happen is a true graphical overhaul. Although I like the models in the game, they need to have more flowing clothing. That's a minor thing that always bugged me.

Last edited:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Although I like the models in the game, they need to have more flowing clothing. That's a minor thing that always bugged me.

Agreed! The clothes are way too stiff. Seems kinda cheap.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I can't look at a video of this game now without remembering Spin bringing up Crank Yankers. Can't get it out of my head.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I can't look at a video of this game now without remembering Spin bringing up Crank Yankers. Can't get it out of my head.

jeez did that shit really hit that deep? I was saying that to vent frustration over the models that I don't like. Never thought anybody else would really agree with it.