Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo & Street Fighter 2 the Animated Movie: 20th Anniversary

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Both Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie turn 20 this year.

Where in the hell did all those years go?!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Both Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie turn 20 this year.

Where in the hell did all those years go?!

Did the movie ever get a proper BD release in the US? I believe the only US BD release came with the 25th anniversary collection, and from what I understand, it's a horrible transfer.

I know that they got one in Europe, France I believe. It's supposed to be a really nice version. Wish we'd get that over here.

It's a dumb movie but it's a lot of fun and is definitely one of the benchmarks of anime and gaming culture for its time period. The original Japanese audio has a pretty stellar soundtrack, too.

I'd love to see a new SF anime. The last one we got, as I recall, was that Juri movie and that was just a promo for the game.

I wouldn't want to specifically see the same story told again, though. They should take the Street Figter II side story mangas and adapt those. They were a series of short stories where the characters met up with each other and did various things. Would be cool, and a nice change of pace, to see some 'slice of life' omake style short stories revolving around the characters, rather than yet another 'Bison is trying to conquer the world' arc.

Or they could do an animated adaptation of any of the Masahiko Nakaahira mangas: SF Alpha, Sakura Ganbaru or, and this one could be awesome, Street Fighter III" Ryu Final.

Just a dreamer, dreaming my dreams.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Did the movie ever get a proper BD release in the US? I believe the only US BD release came with the 25th anniversary collection, and from what I understand, it's a horrible transfer.

Nope. That's the only U.S. Blu-ray release currently available. It seems ripe for an uncut, remastered 20th anniversary edition.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I'm not really arsed about BluRay now tbh.

I've started pre-ordering on AD-rom instead now cause 1080p is pretty shit. I'm all about the 4k myself boys:

img02.jpg

Thus, I'll wait for the 25th Anniversary on Archival Disc (snappy!) instead...

NeoGeoNinja

1080p is not shit just because there's something 'better' out there.

You're too smart to say things like this, NGN.

Taiso. I appreciate the vote of confidence.

That said, you're too smart for me to have to use "[/sarcasm]" at the end of my posts.

p.s. I was never arsed about BluRay in the first place and will certain be even LESS arsed about AD's by the time they become 'the standard'...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Taiso. I appreciate the vote of confidence.

That said, you're too smart for me to have to use "[/sarcasm]" at the end of my posts.

Untrue.

So many people I don't personally know say that kind of stupid trolly shit on the internet all the time, and I don't really know you at all. All I know is what I see here and I haven't seen enough to presume you'd never troll it up.

I can hardly be blamed for reading your comments without irony.

NeoGeoNinja

So many people I don't personally know say that kind of stupid trolly shit on the internet all the time, and I don't really know you at all. All I know is what I see here and I haven't seen enough to presume you'd never troll it up.
Okay. Fair enough.

Just to confirm though, I was merely jesting. Not to offset the topic/conversation too much, but I am one of the first to criticise those who 'look down' upon perfectly capable yet slightly outdated tech i.e. those who soon will be in that unfortunate position, whereby they "can't play" PS3 & 360 games anymore, because they look "like shit".

If you get me?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
20 years of tigertigertigertigertigertigertigertigertigertiger

here's to another 20!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'll celebrate the game, but not the chunk of shit animated movie.

Happy anniversary, game.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
NO ONE BEATS SAGAT! AND NO ONE EVER WILL!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
LOL remastered uncensored shower scene, now on bluray.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Go fuck yourself

dat alice in chains while ken is driving his convertible

It seems like I come across more and more people whose only exposure is to the english dub with that horrible US soundtrack.

I'm not casing on the music itself, but its use in this movie was pretty awful. It's like they were trying to ape the Mortal Kombat movie's music or something.

Still...an odd trend. I sometimes have a hard time putting my knack for getting competent fan subs and raw copies of anime into perspective.

I watched anime in its original format because back in the day, that was the only way one COULD watch it. I couldn't stand the US soundtrack for Dragonball. it was painful to listen to, but sometimes I have to remind myself that for many people, the US versions are their portal of entry.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
someone wake me up when it's Alpha's 20th anniversary

holy CHRIST i thought it was only a few years ago with the alpha anthology that it was its 10th anniversary

but that was on the PS2 and now there's a PS4, my golly where is this time going

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
How boring my fight scene would have been if people structured their gameplay around a tier list.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
It seems like I come across more and more people whose only exposure is to the english dub with that horrible US soundtrack.
Whatever.

The Chun-Li/Vega fight with KMFDM's "Ultra" playing in the background is perfect.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Boxer, Chun, Sim all better than O.gat. O.gat is like the gatekeeper of top-tier.

O.Sagat kills half the cast, this is reason why ST is such bullshit. Low tier characters have no chance against him. He is a top tier along w/ Claw, Boxer, & Sim....Chun-Li is 2nd tier w/ DJ, Ryu, & Honda.