Super SNK MVS Converter from Neo Flash & Super Engine Flash

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
Depends when you get it, I am in RI right now but I could be in NY when you get it. Drop me a pm when it actually comes lol. Because if it comes in another 2 months ill be around hehe. I got about 20 games I could bring. From old stuff to KOF 2003.

Just drop me a pm or post here when you get it.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
CruelSummer80's said:
For the price it's not worth it, you can get a supernova and mvs mobo for $350 if your lucky.

I got mine for $150 :make_fac:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Man this is just like Brokeback Mountain, it just gets gayer and gayer.

New PSU, fuck.

I'm not buying it now. Might as well buy a consolised MVS with the money I'd be spending on it.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
so... since it needs a more powerful PSU when using the converter, does that mean you would have to switch back to your original PSU when playing AES titles?? if you used the more powerful PSU without the converter, would it fry your system? :spock:
hmm... looks like i just might have to get a phantom-1 instead.... atleast it doesnt need a "Super SNK AC adaptor" to use it :kekeke:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
max 330 mega said:
so... since it needs a more powerful PSU when using the converter, does that mean you would have to switch back to your original PSU when playing AES titles?? if you used the more powerful PSU without the converter, would it fry your system? :spock:
hmm... looks like i just might have to get a phantom-1 instead.... atleast it doesnt need a "Super SNK AC adaptor" to use it :kekeke:

That doesn't apply to the 5v neo...

5v neo is 5v@3amps.... Which should be able to power it.....

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
My AC is output 10v 1000MA: the same as the one ic2005 is selling not 700ma like stated. How many different AC configs are used on the Neo? I guess I will soon find out how well this works as I just ordered one of these convertors, could't wait for the independant reviews (against my better judgement:tickled: ), I guess I will post my own indipendant reviews;)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
max 330 mega said:

No, that's just the maximum intensity that PSU delivers, if the system needs less it just draws what it needs.

In any case different neo revisions use different psu's and need different current so that's going to be a tough situation.

Anyway that psu rivals the 360 one :kekeke:

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
I knew this shit would be gay. Those fuckers want to make as much money off this as possible. No way in hell I'm buying one, just got myself a 4 slot for $130. Just need a supergun now, fuck this.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
So, I'm guessing nobody's going to pick this up now due to the required PSU?

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
Gotenks326 said:

They lost another buyer right here. $300 for the converter and $40 for the super PSU is not a rip-off... it's a fuckin' rip-off.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nash said:
They lost another buyer right here. $300 for the converter and $40 for the super PSU is not a rip-off... it's a fuckin' rip-off.

I agree but you need to make the "f" in fuckin' capital, thats how much of a rip it is. You might as well go CMVS for that price, seriously.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Gotenks326 said:

I think we still need clarification on just what the power requirements are of their adapter.

I would think if none of the Neo adapters would work then they would have packaged both the converter and adapter together.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
My convertor just arrived, unfortunately I have no MVS carts to test it on yet, unless someone lives near Portland and wants to bring some carts over for me to test. I have faith that my standard PSU will work.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
KBneospy said:
My convertor just arrived, unfortunately I have no MVS carts to test it on yet, unless someone lives near Portland and wants to bring some carts over for me to test. I have faith that my standard PSU will work.
!!!

Somebody get to this guy's house immediately!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm still wondering how snug the fit will be since the cart goes into a "cup" to hold it. I noticed that some MVS carts are slightly fatter than others, so will this be a problem or maybe it wasnt even considered in pre-production.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
KBneospy said:

Can you post some pics? I'm curious to see the final product, instructions, packaging, etc.

Also, here's the reply from "Dr.neo" on the whole adapter issue:

Re: [SNK] NEO MVS to SNK convertor case is ready!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 10:19:31 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
700MA AC adapter can't boot the SNK MVS cart,only show the white screen in my AES.

It's works great (continue run 2 days) after i use the super AC adapter.
i don't have the original SNK AC adapter more than 700MA,so i can't make sure how much current is enough.

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index...f5b17bf697303d87&topic=1850.msg13890#msg13890

So it looks like it has to do with the ammount of power needed for the MVS cart itself, not the adapter? Does this make sense to anyone?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
TMOSteel said:
Can you post some pics? I'm curious to see the final product, instructions, packaging, etc.

Also, here's the reply from "Dr.neo" on the whole adapter issue:

Re: [SNK] NEO MVS to SNK convertor case is ready!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 10:19:31 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
700MA AC adapter can't boot the SNK MVS cart,only show the white screen in my AES.

It's works great (continue run 2 days) after i use the super AC adapter.
i don't have the original SNK AC adapter more than 700MA,so i can't make sure how much current is enough.

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index...f5b17bf697303d87&topic=1850.msg13890#msg13890

So it looks like it has to do with the ammount of power needed for the MVS cart itself, not the adapter? Does this make sense to anyone?

Doesnt make sense to me, I mean I use my P1 with my OEM plug.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
TMOSteel said:

Sorry I don't have a digital camera, but I will tell you that it's black not grey, so it matches the AES and carts well. it says Super MVS-SNK convertor on the front with an arrow pointing down and it has a power light and a little openining where you can adjust something on the boards with a screwdriver(?) not sure what it's used for. On the back it says NEO TEAM 2006. The unit is very solid, the plastic is a bit waxy though and had insert marks after plugging it in once, however I don't think this is an issue, it feels like a good quality product. Also typical of these kinds of items from China there wasn't any real box or instructions just a plain cardboard box with my name written across it. It was packed well though.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
This is one hell of a test situation. The only person who has one has no MVS games?

Good God someone get over there with a Samurai Shodown game worth $10 bux. LOL

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
Gotenks326 said:
Have you been able to try any carts yet?
No, it really sux cause I have to help my GF move next week from San Diego, and so my budget for MVS carts is on hold. Hey if someone in San Diego has an NGH system and MVS carts I can bring the convertor over to test.