Super SNK MVS Converter from Neo Flash & Super Engine Flash

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
taken from maxconsole.net

The Neo Flash team have released information on their latest project, the Super SNK MVS converter - this is said to have the function of changing the SNK MVS Arcade Game Cart to a SNK NEOGEO home console.

NEO_MVS-04.JPG

They have also announced another project, which is a super PC engine Flash cart - talk about retro gaming!

Function:

- support PC-E
- support PC-E CORE
- support multi PC-E rom,and use switch to swap the game
- memory size up to 128M
- use USB Slim Loader to burn

project status: 100%

NEO_PCE-02.JPG

Thanks to the team at neoflash.com for the new information regarding their latest projects.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So why do we need another Phantom 1, much less one you have to shell the game's case to make work?

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
So why do we need another Phantom 1, much less one you have to shell the game's case to make work?

idk but hopefully its going to be cheaper than buying a Phantom 1 and hopefully can play all the Playmore MVS games that don't work on the Phantom 1

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Magnaflux said:

I am not sure you need to get the PCB out of the case. They probably did it to prove that it was indeed playing a MVS board on an AES system

I am also curious to find out what price they are demanding for this adapter.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Howdoin said:
I am not sure you need to get the PCB out of the case. They probably did it to prove that it was indeed playing a MVS board on an AES system

I am also curious to find out what price they are demanding for this adapter.

A second looks seems like it is the Slug 5 PCB and not the MVS by the position of the ROMS on the board.

EDIT: no, I take that back, scrolling through the pics (change the #'s) shows that it is the MVS, the adapter is much smaller than a phantom 1.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Meh, maybe it's better than the Phantom 1.

Maybe they'll release the technical info on it (schematics, etc - yeah right...)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They're asking way too much money for their other products, I doubt this one would be an exception.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
They're asking way too much money for their other products, I doubt this one would be an exception.

A CMVS (A regular one, not a fagged out Jerry Lewis KPJ special) costs just as much as a phantom now so if they intend to sell many, the price should be under $300.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Like others have already said, if they don't make a cart case standard for it then they should just can the project all together. But most of there stuff looks very professional, and there NDS kits have cart cases so hopefully that is just a prototype the pic.
NEO_MVS-03.JPG

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
There is still a demand for Phantom-1's and if this Super Phantom plays 100% of the library that would be great.
-BB

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
BIG BEAR said:
There is still a demand for Phantom-1's and if this Super Phantom plays 100% of the library that would be great.
-BB
Agreed - the guy shows it with mS5, I guess as proff it works even with the later games.

I would certainly buy one if the price is reasonable - I have been put off the phantom as it doesn't play all games.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
And since Arcade stopped making them altogether let them do what they need to do. Othwerwise people are going to be selling their Phantoms for $500.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I think there is a demand for the reverse phantom which allows you to plug your AES carts in your MVS slot mobo/ arcade cabinet. WHy cant they make one of those? I have a collection of AES carts that I would love to just plug into my cab without having to take out and plug in my AES.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
NeoCverA said:
I think there is a demand for the reverse phantom which allows you to plug your AES carts in your MVS slot mobo/ arcade cabinet. WHy cant they make one of those? I have a collection of AES carts that I would love to just plug into my cab without having to take out and plug in my AES.

Agreed, and some AES are cheaper/more readily available than its MVS counterpart.

~bill

Neo Si

New Challenger
Yeah, one of these on an MV-2F would be great. One slot for MVS, one for AES.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Release is expected within one month - they are currently manufacturiong a casing for the adapter... price is still undeterminded but I'll let you know as soon as I find it.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
A CMVS (A regular one, not a fagged out Jerry Lewis KPJ special) costs just as much as a phantom now so if they intend to sell many, the price should be under $300.

Exactly. I paid ~$350 for my CMVS (MV-1FZ) total, and it has a Neobitz board, Stereo Mod, wired controller ports, and test and credit switches in there to boot. The adapter would really have to be $200 or less, and play the whole library of MVS games to be worth it.

After all is said and done, CMVS is still the way to go. :chimp:

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Here are the prices - note that the finish product will also have a casing (i.e. not a bare PCB like this demo unit):

- Neo MVS converter: $299 - Manufacturers guarantees that 100% of new original carts are playing. I'd love to get a test unit to confitm.

- PC-E 64M: $139
- PC-E 128M: $159

Interested people can email me so that I can let you know when pre-orders open at akibagames.com ;)

Last edited:

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Howdoin said:
PC-E 128M: $159

Tempting. I could fit all the games I wanted on that and still probably have 120MB spare :D

Actually, would using that bypass the region coding? In other words, could I play US Neutopia I/II on a Core Grafx?

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Superfamifreak said:
Actually, would using that bypass the region coding? In other words, could I play US Neutopia I/II on a Core Grafx?

Normally yes it does.

I should open pre-order tonight on akibagames.com

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Metal Fatigue said:
And since Arcade stopped making them altogether let them do what they need to do. Othwerwise people are going to be selling their Phantoms for $500.

Are we so sure Ray has stopped making them? Mysteriously, each time Arcade Shock sells out of them, lo and behold a new batch comes in. I've also seen a seller on eBay regularly selling brand new/sealed converters for sale, and they happen to be located in Canada.

I think it might be more like !Arcade! is not selling them directly anymore...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
sliceypete said:
idk but hopefully its going to be cheaper than buying a Phantom 1 and hopefully can play all the Playmore MVS games that don't work on the Phantom 1

As far as playing the SNK-Playmore games I hope so. As far as the price I'd say it would be the same $250-275, if it's anything less than that and plays the SNK-P games I will buy one.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
$299? Hmmm. I gotta think about that. There's not many SNK-P games I really want to get anywho. If it was $249 then I'd sell me P-1 and get it.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I would finally get an AES setup if this thing works with EVERY MVS game....otherwise....its just more junk to blow money on, I would rather just buy a 1slot and consolize it if its 300+ bucks for the converter.