Super boot...interesting update

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Excellent.com :crying:

New cartridge 8 in 1 USD70

(KOF 2002 SUPER, KOF 2002 SUPER II, KOF 05 Unique II, KOF 97 Plus, KOG, MS6 Plus, Bomber Man and Puzzle Bobble)

Last edited:

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Did you guys see the "Cave - Mushihime Sama USD466 (Two piece Only)" -- Do they mean that you have to buy two of them to get that price? I almost shat myself when I saw the price...

:emb:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Piratero said:
Did you guys see the "Cave - Mushihime Sama USD466 (Two piece Only)" -- Do they mean that you have to buy two of them to get that price? I almost shat myself when I saw the price...

Excellentcom lies about inventory to create a false sense of urgency. Look back when they only had 15 Matrimelee kits available... I bought 12 and yet to this day they still have NOS kits in stock.

-Bill

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
billd420 said:
Excellentcom lies about inventory to create a false sense of urgency. Look back when they only had 15 Matrimelee kits available... I bought 12 and yet to this day they still have NOS kits in stock.

-Bill

What they should do is lower the prices on those Cave shmups.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Piratero said:

I think for that price they mean Mushihime Tama and that would be the price each.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
billd420 said:

-Bill

I actually inquired about it as I was thinking of getting something else with the SSVS cart I bought, but then I got a reply back that all those matrimelee kits of theirs don't have matching serials. As for the 8in1 boots, someone posted about that last year or something like that.

n00b
Going back to the original topic, I bought one of the 8-in-1 boots Excellent was selling, and it arrived literally half an hour ago at the house. Total cost with shipping via UPS to Ohio and Paypal surcharge (guess they don't want to eat the cost of offering Paypal) was US$102.96. Item came very well packed (considering the multiple layers of shipping tape, I'd dare say it was almost waterproof).

Upon opening it, I was a little confused. Coming out of the side of the cart (yellow plastic clamshell) are some wires. Here's a pic (took it with my Motorola RAZR, so these aren't fantastic quality):

02-07-07_0934.jpg

The red and black wires lead to a red arcade button. The white ones lead to a plug that looks to me alot like the power plugs that you use to power a 3.5" floppy drive on a PC. Here's a pic of that, too (and this pic is HORRENDOUS; I apologize):

02-07-07_0933.jpg

Having nowhere to plug that white plug into, I decided to slide it into my consolized MV-1A and power it up. It booted fine, so apparently the white plug isn't vital (maybe someone can clue me in as to what it's for). The red button switches games. Everything seems fine with all the games in the few minutes I had time to play around with it.

Here's one more pic of it in the system for anyone who might be interested:

02-07-07_0932.jpg

I have to head off to work now, but I'll check back here tonight after I get home to see if anyone has any comments/requests regarding the cart. Maybe I'll crack out the actual digital camera and get a few good pics (and one or two of the insides of the cart for good measure).

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Interesting update.

I emailed Excellent and got this reply.
The one is connect the OSD board which is special function so the the game will show on screen.
Have asked for more details (maybe OSD game select feature ?)

8in1-2.jpg

BTW how did the games play ???

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I want one, lol....but as soon as I do the 10-1 will come out :annoyed:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
just got a reply from excellent.com.

Yes it displays an osd gui to select games from, otherwise you wouldnt know which game your in.

I assume these 8 games run through an attract mode ?

Anyway, for anyone interested it costs an additional US $14.

n00b
ttooddddyy said:
BTW how did the games play ???

I work tons of hours, so until I have a day off, I'm not going to have much time to play the games, sadly.

Last night I began noticing one of the sound channels going a little weird on me (real staticy on some sampled voices in KOF 2002 Super II, which went away after killing the system's power and turning it back on, and fluctuating volume in the title music of Bomberman, which also disappeared with a system reboot; God, I hope it's not my Neo rather than the boot cart).

Other than that, though, everything seems to work great with the cart and I'm really happy with it. Just wish I had time right now to sit and give it a proper workout.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
1010101 said:
I work tons of hours, so until I have a day off, I'm not going to have much time to play the games, sadly.

Last night I began noticing one of the sound channels going a little weird on me (real staticy on some sampled voices in KOF 2002 Super II, which went away after killing the system's power and turning it back on, and fluctuating volume in the title music of Bomberman, which also disappeared with a system reboot; God, I hope it's not my Neo rather than the boot cart).

Other than that, though, everything seems to work great with the cart and I'm really happy with it. Just wish I had time right now to sit and give it a proper workout.

Cart Contacts might just need a good cleaning...(might clear up the static)
http://www.hardmvs.com/html/projects.htm

Mutation

Super Sidekicks 3
I dislike these boots "Super" features, I think they don't bring a new gameplay.

Btw, It'd be very interesting to get some shots of CHAFIO & PROGTOP boards.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
ttooddddyy said:
just got a reply from excellent.com.

Yes it displays an osd gui to select games from, otherwise you wouldnt know which game your in.

I assume these 8 games run through an attract mode ?

Anyway, for anyone interested it costs an additional US $14.

Just got this flyer from excellent.com showing the OSD

Multi-NeoGeogame.jpg

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
be awesome if it had an SD card or something....something to let you throw 7 or 8 roms on a cart...rather than all the shitty hacks. Still, kind of a nifty oddity.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
and you spend 100$ + for this crap?
why not a simplest mame download?

RyogAkari

Rugal's Thug
Actually, they did kinda made it into MAME. The most expensive cart listed in today's email features 1000 in 1 that needs a power supply and has a hard drive attached to it. It's pretty sad to be turning a neo-geo into a MAME machine with that frankenstein kit. = (

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
RyogAkari said:
Actually, they did kinda made it into MAME. The most expensive cart listed in today's email features 1000 in 1 that needs a power supply and has a hard drive attached to it. It's pretty sad to be turning a neo-geo into a MAME machine with that frankenstein kit. = (

nah, 8-in-1 is the biggest so far. The 1000-in-1 listed in the email is a Gamebox, not an MVS cart.