Sun Shine / Block Paradise on eBay

Raguy

New Challenger

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Ok after reading Billy's proto page, I didn't realize that Sunshine and Block Paradise were two different games. I always assumed they were just the Japanese and US names for the same game. It appears that Block Paradise has been preserved, but what about Sunshine?

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Ok after reading Billy's proto page, I didn't realize that Sunshine and Block Paradise were two different games. I always assumed they were just the Japanese and US names for the same game. It appears that Block Paradise has been preserved, but what about Sunshine?
I think you should go read it again...

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
...oh, nobody was supposed to see that until Neo Alecs NGH-026 video went up on YouTube.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
...oh, nobody was supposed to see that until Neo Alecs NGH-026 video went up on YouTube.
Sorry. :) I took out the link.

So is Sunshine dumped and safe or just Block Paradise and Fun Fun Bros?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Sorry. :) I took out the link.

So is Sunshine dumped and safe or just Block Paradise and Fun Fun Bros?
Block Paradise is the only one of the three that is safeguarded. Neither Sun Shine nor Fun Fun Brothers are preserved.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Block Paradise is the only one of the three that is safeguarded. Neither Sun Shine nor Fun Fun Brothers are preserved.
I had thought that FFB was dumped but not released to anyone. Bummer.

BTW are there pics of the Last Odyssey proto? The ebay link is broken now.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Maybe earlier in this thread. Both of those ebay auctions were fake. They were beacons put up by the seller to try and attract more attention to his other listings because he was selling off his collection.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Thank you for the video!

BTW I love the new Sunshine/Block Paradise/Fun Fun Bros page. Very informative.

Raguy

New Challenger
Same for me, very informative to see this connection between these 3 games. Always good to have new informations, we all thought that block paradise and sunshine was the game with 2 differente name for regions games. ( raguy/blue's journey ) But no, thanks to neo alec and supergun, we know the true story behind theses games.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
OK. I’m ready to break my silence and put to rest this Atomiswave cloud that has been lingering over my head. I’ve waited far too long for some kind of update from my contact and have received absolutely nothing. So I’m done looking like the bad guy here.

The Atomiswave library is 100% complete. A complete Atomiswave collection breaks down as follows:
28 officially released cartridges + 5 unreleased protos = 33 games. The 5 unreleased protos were: Force Five, Kenju, Chicago Chase 1929, Premier Eleven Soccer, & Sushi Bar.

All 5 protos have been found, located, sourced, contributed, and dumped. This was accomplished fairly recently through very positive cooperation among the proto owners & a special contact we have in Japan. I myself was one of those proto owners. I provided Chase 1929 and I also helped with Premiere Eleven as well.

The intention was to then make a run of reproduction physical carts of all 5 protos (just like the bootleg carts that were sold for a few years of the released games) with normal sized boards used in normal cartridge cases. In fact, as terms of the negotiation, myself (as well as the other proto contributors) were all promised one complete set (all 5 carts) immediately & first off the assembly line as part of our agreements. However, this all happened years ago & we are STILL waiting for them! Since September 2016 to be precise! We have received NOTHING!

In fact, NOTHING has happened yet for that matter. Other then a few photos I was sent showing the initial prototype repro carts, no carts have been produced or sold. Everything has been held up in limbo. Initially, when I asked my contact for an update and an explanation as to why we have not made the carts yet, he informed me that the memory chips used by the boards he chose for the design were the same as those used by Nintendo for the switch games. And since Nintendo had a virtual monopoly on purchasing these chips in bulk, it made the production costs per cartridge prohibitively expensive.

And sadly that’s all the information I have at this time. My contact hasn’t ever even bothered to reach out to me with another update since then. But the truth is I just simply lost interest anyhow.

I was never really an Atomiswave fan. I mostly got into it out of boredom & a serious lack of anything else left to collect. I originally paid 3K for that Chicago 1929 proto back in September of 2012. I then tried to ransom it as a hostage in the hopes of a possible trade for a neogeo proto. But there simply wasn’t enough interest & its value wasn’t on par with a Neo proto. So I gave up on the idea & agreed to dump it under these certain conditions. Then subsequently sold it for 4K after dumping it. Once that happened my interest level kind of died.

I don’t think we got ripped off, per say, in that I don’t think this was a scam or whatever to trick us into dumping our games, but I do think the guy in charge (our contact) is a little unprofessional & certainly discourteous in how he has handled not only this negotiation with us, but more significantly the communication with us. I mean dude, we the proto owners, should be constantly updated & informed as to what is going on & why. Even if it is just saying: “nothing new to report this week” for week after week. Zero communication is unacceptable. Extremely poor business practice. But again, I already sold my proto and got my money back so at least I can’t get burned financially if/when the rom data gets released publicly. So I just lost interest after that.

But my biggest gripe was moreso the fact that I really wanted all of this to happen JUST so that I could finally silence my critics who call me a rom whore, in that I never dump or share my protos. But yet here we are, 5 years after agreeing to share, and yet still nobody can enjoy these games?

Anyhow, so that’s the story behind the Atomiswave protos! All of them have indeed been “shared” and “dumped” already. It’s been over 5 years for that matter. And some of them even leaked and were hacked to run on the Naomi. So imagine that; just adding more insult to injury to the Atomiswave fans. And at this point, an Atomiswave multicart or SD cart would probably make more sense anyways.

I do feel confident that we will all eventually be able to see & play these games, the way they were intended, on the Atomiswave. But for now, they remain out of the general public’s reach.
Whoa! All Atomiswave title are now available to download online and play them via emulation? That's pretty fucking cool :D
Keep in mind: The MAME dumping project has ALWAYS accepted donations. That is how they afford the prototypes and rare games that have been dumped over the years. It boggles the mind that a donation fund has not been done on this forum by Neo fans for the purpose of buying expensive prototypes.

To Billy, no offense, this community deserved an update so, I will at least thank you for that. As to the difficulty in dealing with Shou-sama (yes, pretty sure that's your contact), sorry that's happened. A good friend of mine here likes to refer to him as an "over the hill former Virtua Fighter player."

Glad to hear the games have been preserved and, hope to hear soon about how we might be able to play them on actual hardware.

Jon
Shou has the proto cart for QP, if I'm not mistaken. As he alluded to it at Gamengai years ago.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
So basically, it's the Punky Skunk/Cooly Skunk situation all over again. Except Punky did come out on PlayStation after two Super Famicom iterations were cancelled but neither ADK project sharing the same gameplay mechanics came out :(

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Shou has the proto cart for QP, if I'm not mistaken. As he alluded to it at Gamengai years ago.
Right.
In a post he made on June 28, 2016 he reported on his latest acquisitions, which included a 1990 Succes game called Final Gate (Jamma board) and then at the end of the post, alludes to have also gotten a NeoGeo proto by Success (which obviously could only mean Q.P.) but regardless, he showed pics of everything EXCEPT for that, and more significantly, he has never reported again about it since.

So take that for what it is.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Shou has Samurai Girl, an unreleased side-scrolling action platformer by Success.

Ok. And that game may very well be another “unreleased game by Success”, just as Final Gate was also an unreleased game by Success.

480BE701-C952-4F14-8D86-AF4416A34048.jpeg
But the fact remains that these were his exact words at the end of his post: “...some interesting Success stuff beyond Final Gate including a Neo Geo proto...”

The wording there is abundantly clear; he is referring to one of his acquired items as being BOTH a Success game and a NeoGeo proto. Success released a total of ZERO neogeo games, and Q.P. Is the ONLY unreleased NeoGeo game by Success. So by definition, he can ONLY be referring to having acquired Q.P.

Unless maybe he was referring to a NeoGeo “pocket” proto, of Cotton let’s say, but then, he conveniently left the word “pocket” out from his statement.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I respect these individuals personal choice for keeping these games to themselves but for the love of all of us fans... please release them to the public for preservation purposes before you die.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I respect these individuals personal choice for keeping these games to themselves but for the love of all of us fans... please release them to the public for preservation purposes before you die.

Still sad that he's sitting on at least one unreleased Toaplan game :crying:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I do not. It's pure selfishness. Just because you paid for the one physical copy in existence doesn't make it morally right to hoard the game. And it's a shame the Neo Geo hasn't seen more of its protos (which we know are out there) released to the public. These lost games should be free and celebrated.