Sun Shine / Block Paradise on eBay

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Quite the find. Any idea where the video came from?

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Quite the find. Any idea where the video came from?
Is it definitly a new video? Also, could it be a hoax? Now, dont get me wrong, its a pretty freaking good hoax if it is (its most likely legit). Is there anyone who cound verify if the sound is genuine?

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Seeing a video of Block Paradise/Sunshine is amazing. I've wondered how this game looked in motion for many years. I'm going with it's a legit location test cart. Glad it's survived. Hopefully it'll be dumped for preservation.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Hmmm, OK so it's legit. I wonder if this is a different copy to the one we have seen emulated screens of... Please God let this person release the ROM

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
where did the emulated screenshots come from in the first place?

geladobom

War Room Troll
Well it seems sunshine is already post it. Good. :LOL:

Is that video actually from this year?
I guess file neo protos with Bigfoot and UFOs, I don't understand how someone can physically record a 240p video in 2021
A Vaporwave Camera.
So this Vlad dude ( Russian?) Supposedly have these two protos, any relation of this dude with xacrow ( who posted the emulated screenshots) ?
Russians are the s* they get everything in power, the reason i love them so much. Maybe Vlad is xacrow. Nah... xacrow's old website on waybackmachine in 1997 to 1999 is 100% japanese. They are using a proxy? :LOL:

Last edited:

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Yes, I can 100% confirm that the sound effects & BGM are genuine.
Yeah! I looked at this video featuring Neo Geo boot screen jingles since that was the first thing that caught my attention and sure enough, it's not ripped from Magician Lord (as it sounded similar and its a 1990 Neo Geo release):
where did the emulated screenshots come from in the first place?
Most likely from a dumped .ROM image that hasn't been made available to the public...

yori2004

n00b
Some highlights about this video: it was released by the bootlegger Atomikwave in a facebook group called Neogeo Addicts 2 weeks ago. He didn't answer any question about it and only wrote this: "I would try to upload other videos of the game as soon as I have a little time ... I'm currently running out of time". It's highly probable he won't show anything more about the game, as he doesn't have anything more to show.

For many years, he also claimed to have a rom of Karate Ninja Show (not released because the owner of the proto told him not to do it), a rom of a special version of Samurai Spirits Special obtained from a Yumekobo employee which includes an additional stage (not released because he already didn't have time), a proto cartridge of View Point 64 (years prior the release of the rom) and a legit AES euro copy of Kizuna Encounter.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Well at least it appears to be backed up. Even if it never gets released at least it won't be lost due to bit rot.

For some reason this and Fun Fun Bros are my most wanted Neo Geo protos. I couldn't even begin to tell you why.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Yes, it is backed up. And has been since January of 2005.

But the posting of this video had absolutely nothing to do with that.

geladobom

War Room Troll
Yes, it is backed up. And has been since January of 2005.

But the posting of this video had absolutely nothing to do with that.
Every Single game on that website is already saveguard for so long, for those are worried stay calm they come soon or later. Cross fingers. (y)
Sunshine looks original and FunFun Bros. is a clone of it.
Check the car and object.
ADK World need is a port from neogeo cd to mvs.

I don´t know if you guys escape this one, but it seems someone update the game.

Last edited:

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Well at least it appears to be backed up. Even if it never gets released at least it won't be lost due to bit rot.

For some reason this and Fun Fun Bros are my most wanted Neo Geo protos. I couldn't even begin to tell you why.
Maybe because these were puzzle games made by ADK (one featuring a tropical thematic, while the other one takes influence from The Blues Brothers presentation-wise). I would also love to play them someday 'cause I like puzzle games.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Hopefully it’ll get released but I doubt it. Isn’t the game supposedly complete?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Yes. These are complete. They have fully functioning attract modes, start up & game ending sequences, and all the key screens such as title, how to play, continue, game over, etc.

It’s been stated before, but again, so far every single NeoGeo unreleased proto that has surfaced which was issued its own unique SNK product code number, has been found to be 100% complete.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

For me, it is Crystalis 2. Loved the NES version. I think it would look amazing on Neo Geo hardware. Is there even a screenshot?

Jon

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Yes. These are complete. They have fully functioning attract modes, start up & game ending sequences, and all the key screens such as title, how to play, continue, game over, etc.

It’s been stated before, but again, so far every single NeoGeo unreleased proto that has surfaced which was issued its own unique SNK product code number, has been found to be 100% complete.
I don't know if it's just me but most of the canned arcade games I've read about so far seemed complete but various internal and/or external factors prevented them from getting widely distributed. I say most 'cause there are examples such as Dragon's Heaven, which had its batteries fried but we're still lucky for that one (thanks turfmasta!).

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
For me, it is Crystalis 2. Loved the NES version. I think it would look amazing on Neo Geo hardware. Is there even a screenshot?

Jon
Man, that would have been such a welcome addition to the neo library. It would have been awesome.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

Jon
Crystalis 2 is not known to have been in development for Neo Geo. It's just on the list of SNK games fans would've liked to see a sequel to.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
What a neat find. Hopefully it'll see the light of day and not just sit in some collector's drawer for them to masturbate to.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
What a neat find. Hopefully it'll see the light of day and not just sit in some collector's drawer for them to masturbate to.

It's sitting in a collector's drawer AND a select few's hard-drives (for them to masturbate to, obviously)