Sun Shine / Block Paradise on eBay

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Won't open cart, additional pics to "serious buyers only", payment "via zelle only". Wow sign me up for two copies.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
For right now, I’m calling BS. No attempt of showing the boards through the slits on the cart shell, no photos of operation, suspect cartridge label, zelle payment only?? Yeah, no. If someone can dig up more information then I’m open to changing my opinion on it, but this is 100% suspect.

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
You can’t send $100k through Zelle.
Over $8k, the bank may ask you where the money come from and other questions suspecting money laundering.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I suppose if he shows a video of the game running then it is legit... And why would he be afraid of opening the cart? It's obviously not the original shell it came in. Didn't the proto's have clear shells?

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
So the seller did add one "board" photo of terrible quality, showing off a part of the board that says "PD27C1000AD-20". That doesn't prove anything since that chip was used on normally released MVS games like Burning Fight for example. Who knows if we'll see some concrete proof of this one.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
OK so some people I have contact with on Facebook have dealt with him in the past and had no issue. He has 100% positive feedback. The Zelle thing is concerning & I cannot send him a message asking for images/video's of the game running. Hopefully its real and leads to us all getting to play it. He's in Columbus, Ohio, US so if he is a serious collector I'd imagine some people on here know who it is (or at least can narrow it down somewhat)

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Jeff Kurtz used to live in Ohio and may remember other NeoGeo collectors from that area. I think Tonk is also from that area. I reached out to the seller with some questions and for more information, I’ll let you know what, if anything, comes of it. So far, I see ZERO proof of anything in what he has provided. (Picture wise). But, we have to at least see what the deal is here. You never know, stranger things have happened. It’s always worth pursuing.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Cheers Supergun, lets hope this is it! It seems to be a golden era of lost content being found, not only on the Neo Geo..

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Block Paradise:

wxnFYY0.jpg

"Sunlight":

NyMLqwl.jpg

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Thank you for those translations. And that part is at least somewhat consistent. But the “8” on the NGM-008 clearly looks like it was a 9 changed to an 8. And Sun Shine was nowhere near 46 megs. It was most likely 18 or 22 megs. Not to mention that NGH-009, (ninja combat) was 46 megs. And of course clearly the sticker is a very low quality print out.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It says "Out of stock" on ebay. Did someone buy it? Supergun makes some good points about the label, but for now I will keep hope that it's real, and just a makeshift proto label. And that this makes it into the hands of someone who can make the game public.

Last edited:

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Is the "security sticker" on the side common? What does it say? None of my carts have one, just the big ass SNK serial ones or the little date stamped one that's similar to the one on that cart.

Considering that the ROM has basically been confirmed to have been dumped somewhere, there's no chance I'd ever spend this much on that cart even if I had fuck-you money. Someone with the rom could have easily repro'd it, especially if you're looking for 100k. Could you even authenticate it? Any shitty label, bodged wires or EEPROMs can be hand-waived away as a "development" cart or prototype or whatever. Also makes no sense that they'd not show the game running at all, that's baffling.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Noob opinions redacted... but I have to say that I'll only believe in the listing with a picture of said game.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
It's not like this community has ever fallen for unreleased scams before.....right?

[/sarcasm]

Pro_Gear

Another,
20 Year Member
I asked the seller for pictures of gameplay and more information as well and the only interesting bit that was provided was that the game came into their possession back in 1995. The side view of that chip was added to the auction as well but it really didn't add any valuable info. They apparently wanted to keep a tight lid on all info unless you came with the $$$ offer.

Isn't 100k pretty astronomical even for the Neo Geo collection scene? What's the most paid for a single cartridge? I thought it was in the range of 30-50k.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Is the "security sticker" on the side common? What does it say? None of my carts have one, just the big ass SNK serial ones or the little date stamped one that's similar to the one on that cart.
I don't believe it's common, and I can't make it out due to the resolution of the photo.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
It looks to me that the label isn't original and seems to be some sort of inkjet print job. The two SNK MVS protos I have look to be made on a copier and the paper is really soft. Both of mine are 1990, and you can see the wear on these compared to the auction. Would be helpful to see how the eproms are labeled, even if a photo was taken through the cart vents.

AOKhhKg.jpg

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
The label must be off Ninja Combat. That was NGH009 wasnt it? As Supergun said, the 9 looks to be scribbled into an 8 and Ninja C is 46 megs too. Maybe its a converted Ninja Combat cart with the Japanese text just stuck onto the label, made from the rom dump we have all seen screens of...

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Already gone to a big tymer. Maybe the saudi prince?

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
I think a sticker with NGF Signature Series here would be easier to read: black background and white type.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Chrisr appearance and a super shady $100k prototype.

Sounds about Neo-Geo.com.