Summary Executions and Corporal Punishment for Market Leeches

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
To be clear, if people have outside sites and are part of the community, I'm cool with that. CDamm, Quan and XX are damn good examples. People coming in here to live on the off-site marketplace or the ZDTF or Neo selling pages need to be wreck'd.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Second bounty:

Spoiler:
REPLICA X

Tacitus

Staff member
To be clear, if people have outside sites and are part of the community, I'm cool with that. CDamm, Quan and XX are damn good examples. People coming in here to live on the off-site marketplace or the ZDTF or Neo selling pages need to be wreck'd.

Exactly.

Perfect examples, btw.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
VT is making today feel like a holiday. I feel like I should send him a present.

Tacitus

Staff member
While you guys were reading this, I executed another 5 market leeches.

I'm not kidding.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattaglia. Moe Greene. Stracci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business so don't tell me that you're innocent. Admit what you did only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry.

Tacitus

Staff member
as6z3.jpg

Tacitus

Staff member
Hilarious:

I've pulled market access on a ton of accounts today that were active in browsing the sales forums. I check their history, pull their market access.

NO MORE THAN 5 MINUTES after it disappears.. they sign off of the site.

:keke::keke::keke::keke::keke::keke::keke::keke:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
How about that w krauser guy from Spain? Registered in 2011, zero posts and tries to sell shit here from time to time.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Please don't let alberto17272762 (Yu Ting) get caught in the xfire.

Dude does SOLID deals, and many consider him an asset to the community.

He's like that wawa across the street, that has just what you need...when you need it.

Tacitus

Staff member
Please don't let alberto17272762 (Yu Ting) get caught in the xfire.

Dude does SOLID deals, and many consider him an asset to the community.

He's like that wawa across the street, that has just what you need...when you need it.

Does he have a user account?

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
wawa is the only thing I miss about philly

alberto1225 hes good people.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I approve of this thread. Keeping in thought that I felt this should have happened a long time ago but I hope this stays as a constant factor here in keeping out the worthless leeches on the forum.

I don't envy you at all for this VT. My own forum www.the-nextlevel.com/ is a lot like NG.com where users police themselves and I've rarely have had a need to drop a ban on anyone in the marketplace except for a few rare and random idiots like Kevincal which I recall had a fun run-in here as well.

Best of luck to you on this VT. Keep the hammer swift but fair.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Thank's for the clean up and so many needed summary executions VT!!!!

VT Destroyer.jpg

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattaglia. Moe Greene. Stracci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business so don't tell me that you're innocent. Admit what you did only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry.

Funny enough, I saw this film around 3 times this week and was thinking the same scene when the bannings started.

Tacitus

Staff member
I don't view this as unfair.

The site is run by volunteers. Granted, we've exhausted anything and everything to talk about Neo... so it expanded beyond that. This isn't about "not talking neo", it's about "not contributing to the site in a meaningful way." There are plenty of people that stick to unrelated, collection threads or general discussion. They are not the problem or the target.

The market situation has spiraled over the last few months to an untenable and frankly cancerous situation of people lining their pockets. Greed. GREED is what has forced my hand to take control.

I've spent the better part of my day going through the forums and marketplace weeding out people exploiting the charity, privilege of using the marketplace and good will of the people who actively contribute to the community and site.

If someone is complaining about this, they're pissed because we've hit them in the wallet or they're a leech who doesn't know any better.

Only the truly abusive and utterly stupid have been deleted and purged. Anyone who didn't fall under that category has simply had their market and PM privileges pulled to demonstrate how they've abused the markets or used them for their personal ebay and marketing arm. If that's the only thing that matters to them, then why give them free advertising or allow them to scoop deals and games from people who actually earned that right? It's unfair and ridiculous. We're not your unpaid interns.

I've made exactly 1 mistake and I quickly remedied it.

The behavior of people in the market is what made this necessary. Had those problematic members not behaved in this way, none of this would be necessary. There's an easy way to earn those rights back.

CONTRIBUTE AND POST.

Tacitus

Staff member
The really funny part is watching the logs in the background on people I just yanked the privileges on.

A pretty good percentage see that their market access is removed and then CLICK LOGOUT right after. (Yes, we can track that.)

What does that tell you?