Summary Executions and Corporal Punishment for Market Leeches

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Here is a great example who JUST got the axe:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?39718-Ninja-X

Join Date: 08-17-2011.Last Activity: Today 05:29 PM.Blog Entries:0 .Wiki Articles:

Member for almost 3 years exactly.

Has 1 post outside of the market.

Was found browsing the sales forums for a bit. Grabbed him at 521. At 522pm he logs out because he got the login/no permissions prompt. He signs BACK in to continue browsing the market, figures out he lost privileges and ACTIVELY clicks logout and leaves the site entirely.

There are tons of these types that I've sniped in the past 3 hours.

Yeah I am seriously amused at how so many people give 0 shits about this place outside of the market. I expect the hate trains all over the interwebz to spread from twitter, FB, and other forums about those mean guys at NG.com not letting them come here for only the market.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Yeah I am seriously amused at how so many people give 0 shits about this place outside of the market. I expect the hate trains all over the interwebz to spread from twitter, FB, and other forums about those mean guys at NG.com not letting them come here for only the market.

Oh, it's already spread. Some seriously buttsore folks whining about unfair mods.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Oh, it's already spread. Some seriously buttsore folks whining about unfair mods.

The shmups group on FB, is CRAZY butthurt. whisper has some screencaps somewhere.

EDIT: Courtesy of whisper2053

WNPNmn3.jpg

MgXmcqw.jpg

XNx3SXr.jpg

dpND0id.jpg

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Seconded. Lolifox seems like a cool dude/chick/whatever both here on the forums and in Slashchat. If there is some reason to think otherwise, then let's hear it. Otherwise what was the point of posting their name? Loli doesn't ostensibly seem to be doing anything wrong. Certainly likes to hang out and talk about games. If Loli is flipping on the sly or something, then show your cards.

I'll back this up as well. Anyone who's just starting out is bound to be looking to buy more than established members. Impeding them is not going to help anyone. Let's not turn VT targeted strikes into an all out war on noobs.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'll back this up as well. Anyone who's just starting out is bound to be looking to buy more than established members. Impeding them is not going to help anyone. Let's not turn VT targeted strikes into an all out war on noobs.

Yup.

My primary target is members who have been here for a while (years) and *relative* n00bs who only spend their time in the market. If they post outside of it or spend significant time browsing elsewhere, they're left alone.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Quick stat:

Roughly 110 people were market restricted in 48 hours. Those were people that JUST visited the market and nothing else.

Think about that. 110 people visited this site and only posted sales, lurked in the market for 30 minutes or more, or have a history of whoring/sponging free shit here.

Its like the neo-holocaust (except this one actually happend)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?39542-Daniel28ans

It's getting to the point where I wish the guys you hit had some sort of icon/mark on their profile, I'm not sure if you already got alot of the ones we've posted. The only sure way to know who got got is seeing old members posting in unusual places :lolz:

edit: yeah this guy is waiting to get got :D

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?39542-Daniel28ans

It's getting to the point where I wish the guys you hit had some sort of icon/mark on their profile, I'm not sure if you already got alot of the ones we've posted. The only sure way to know who got got is seeing old members posting in unusual places :lolz:

I believe that you can tell if VT got them already by clicking their nick on one of their posts. When the little menu pops up, if the "private message" link is gone, they got got. VT can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I believe that you can tell if VT got them already by clicking their nick on one of their posts. When the little menu pops up, if the "private message" link is gone, they got got. VT can correct me if I'm mistaken.

that did seem to work, thx jib.

I do like twek's idea too, for aesthetic porpoises as well ;)

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Quick stat:

Roughly 110 people were market restricted in 48 hours. Those were people that JUST visited the market and nothing else.

Think about that. 110 people visited this site and only posted sales, lurked in the market for 30 minutes or more, or have a history of whoring/sponging free shit here.

Wow... I had no idea it was so prevalent...Hopefully this will drastically reduce any scammers as well as dead weight.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd like to request an appeal for Mike Moffitt. He hasn't been here long, and is here for tech and not buttfunnin but hasn't posted much since he is new to the Neo. Most of his posts were likely in the market since he was making some Neo to Genesis adapters, but at $15 a pop for a custom pcb I think it's pretty obvious he's not trying to profit off the forum.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I'd like to request an appeal for Mike Moffitt. He hasn't been here long, and is here for tech and not buttfunnin but hasn't posted much since he is new to the Neo. Most of his posts were likely in the market since he was making some Neo to Genesis adapters, but at $15 a pop for a custom pcb I think it's pretty obvious he's not trying to profit off the forum.

way ahead of you man.