Suggestions/Feedback Thread for "'Best of' NG.com Threads" Forum

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Please

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181220

I realize a seperate thread asking for this would draw more attention, but hopefully others will see this as a worthy suggestion. this thread cracks me up every time I look at it. I'm sure some of the old timers would concur that this is a good one.

Last edited:

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
68k said:
Please

I realize a seperate thread asking for this would draw more attention, but hopefully others will see this as a worthy suggestion. this thread cracks me up every time I look at it. I'm sure some of the old timers would concur that this is a good one.

YES

please. This thread is so important to ng.com history.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
68k said:
Please

It's not even a "suggestion" anymore: it's a fact, :)

A tread can only get so "EPIC". This one just broke all the boundaries I knew (maybe because of the huge amounts of "fail" it has...)

El Cernex

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
BUMP

After my nerd senses began tingling off the charts I did some investigation and stumbled across this priceless thread a short while back:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189644

In the name of all that is holy, this thread must be given an honored spot in the annals of "Best of" due to its overwhelmingly high amounts of awesomeness.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Greetings Bobak, mods and fellow NG.com members,
It seems like most of the "Best of" threads involve... well, heavy doses of drama, lol. And that's perfectly cool, as drama is often the fuel for most epic and memorable threads.

However, may I suggest a thread that has ZERO drama, but flourishes in other important areas that I feel is worthy of hitting the "Best of" list.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67146

It's my SSM proudly presents... "The Top 50 SEGA Saturn games" thread from late 2003-late 2006. Allow me to make a few points for why I think it deserves in if I may. And before I begin, just a useless but perhaps somewhat interesting stat I wanna share: at nearly 20,000 views, it is second in terms of views only to the infamous MAK thread in the "Best of" list

Rather than start telling you why I think it deserves inclusion, I'll just share some user comments within the Top 50 Saturn games thread and which I think speaks (and lobbies) for itself:

A must read thread for all the video games fan.

:buttrock: For Steve.

*stands up and applauds*

Bravo, Steve! That was one of the best threads I've ever read. It truly captured the essence of what the Saturn was all about, and it reflected your passion (as well as other fans' fervor) for the underrated console.

I've seen this thread a few times before today, and even scanned over it a little. But today, I woke up and I was in a "sit down and soak things in" kind of mood. One of those mornings where you like to wake up slow, not get right into things.
Well I got on the computer, and after browsing Unrelated, I decided I was going to read through this entire thread.
Wow.
This is by far one of the most interesting threads I have ever seen on this website. Seriously man, it's great to see so much love poured into one topic.

There has never ever been another thread on this site that came even close to being as great as this one. I'm sad it's over:crying:

Thank you Steve, for all your hard work and interesting insight into the second greatest console of all time (sorry, the DC is still #1 for me;) )!

Q-

Just wanted to put a thank-you into the end of this thread, one of the best ever made. I've read through the entire thing at least three times now, just savoring all the classic goodness of the era of the Saturn, which to me was really the last gasp of the old hardcore spirit of the 16-bit era.

bump for one of the very best unrelated thread evar.

i have to say this might be the greatest thread in the history of this board, this is what internet forums were made for. :buttrock:

lol this is the thread that simply wont die. it seems it pops up like twice a year then settles back as quietly as ever. and every damn time it comes up i read through the whole thing again. :D

This thread deserves a bump

or even better yet, a sticky :buttrock:

Thank you for your time and consideration.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
A condensed thread of the great rise, stagnation, and humiliation of Master Tsuke should be in "best of". I haven't seen the board unite, then suddenly turn against each other in such a hillarious manner in ages.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Another Air Raid thread. Still one of my favorite crazies that ever registered here.

lowerlevels

Not-so-Bashful Neophyte,
I don't know where else to post. I just joined this forum and I wanted to know how long it will take to acquire certain privileges. For example, I want to look at the pictures of 8-man's collection but it won't allow me. In fact, I can't look at my own profile or put up an avatar. I looked for a start guide, but I couldn't find one.

thank you.

dougal

n00b
As a new user i cannot open new threads and cannot PM. I don't think the forums should be so restrictive.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
look at the brightside, nobody has messed with your avatar picture... yet.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
As a new user i cannot open new threads and cannot PM. I don't think the forums should be so restrictive.

Yes, us as a community going on 14 years of existence should discard our rules and established decorum simply because you, walking in as a new user who can't open a few new retread threads or buy things thinks it's "too restrictive"

Can I suggest Gamefaqs or Atari Age?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Oh you won't last long. You should prolly just walk away from this site before you get in over your head.

dougal

n00b
All I'm saying is that at least new users should be able to do more than just reply to already open threads and look.

I agree with rules and I am a heavy user of amibay.com forums which also have many rules.

But it's hard to get a good rep which enables more access when you can't even open new threads unless you do like some losers on other forums who hijack and spam already opened threads.

Having said that I do like the forums. Just got a NGP color and some games and I've just bought a MVS, supergun and 161in1 cart.

I've had an MVS and an AES about 6 years ago and regretted selling them ever since.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
All I'm saying is that at least new users should be able to do more than just reply to already open threads and look.

I agree with rules and I am a heavy user of amibay.com forums which also have many rules.

But it's hard to get a good rep which enables more access when you can't even open new threads unless you do like some losers on other forums who hijack and spam already opened threads.

Having said that I do like the forums. Just got a NGP color and some games and I've just bought a MVS, supergun and 161in1 cart.

I've had an MVS and an AES about 6 years ago and regretted selling them ever since.

Did you introduce yourself yet?
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?47-Welcome-to-teh-Drama!