Strikers 2020 Announced

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
i cant believe this thread didnt get more attention... I've failed to find any news about Strikers 2020. i hope it didnt get cancelled

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
i cant believe this thread didnt get more attention... I've failed to find any news about Strikers 2020. i hope it didnt get cancelled

Don't get fooled by its working title, in the revealing interview with 4Gamer Haragami said that 2022 is more likely. Here are some excerpts from this extended interview, which mentions Strikers 2020 (online-translated):

4Gamer:
Next, please let us know the new information. I heard that you are preparing a new work called "Strikers 2020 (tentative)".

Mr. Yoshikawa:
It is "Strikes 2020 (tentative)", but as the library series progresses, the idea is to create a new work at the same time, which is the beginning of the project. City Connection is not just a company that collects game IPs and builds libraries. In addition to Sakyo, Jaleco's titles are also planned to be lined up with new titles, and I think that the ratio will be about 1 new title to 3 to 4 libraries.

4Gamer:
Is there any reason to decide on the new strikers?

Mr. Yoshikawa:
When the story of what to make with Saikyo's new work is the original god, the first thing is "Strikes". From the beginning, the opinions there were completely the same in me and in God. However, since the title has just been decided, what kind of team formation should "Strikers 2020 (tentative)" be used for now? I just started talking about it.

4Gamer:
Are there any information that you can talk about about the release date and platform?

Mr. Yoshikawa:
The area has not been decided at all. The platform is not in a definitive situation at this time, and since we are basically multi-platform, I think we will also deploy "Strikes 2020 (tentative)" on multi-platform.

4Gamer:
Does the multi-platform mean that it will be released for home appliances?

Mr. Haragami:
First of all, it is for home use, but since Strikers is a title from the arcade, I think that arcade is included in the multi-platform.

Mr. Yoshikawa:
Arcade is definitely included in the definition of City Connection and Zero Div Multi-Platform. However, as I often say, "(provisional)" means that nothing has been decided yet. Actually, I was wondering if I would announce it at "Strikers 20XX" today. Just in case it didn't appear in 2020 (laughs).

4Gamer:
Does it mean that "Strikes 2020 (tentative)" will be released in 2020?

Mr. Yoshikawa:
...Well, if you add the title 2020, you'll feel right here (laughs).

Mr. Haragami:
2022 is not sharp. I also want to offer new "strikers" without having to wait for users so much.

4Gamer:
The content has not been decided, but the major premise is that it is a vertical shoe for operating a fighter, right?

Mr. Haragami:
Yes, of course. A vertical shoe compatible with a vertical screen monitor.

4Gamer:
As an image, what kind of game is “2020” like in the conventional “Strikes” series?

Mr. Haragami:
I think that users think of "Strikers" and think of "Strikers 1945" and "Strikers 1945 II". So I think it will be similar to them. However, it may be difficult for users who are playing the series for the first time to enjoy it, so that is something I would like to devise.

Mr. Yoshikawa:
We are presidents and producers, not planners or directors, so everything we are talking about may be blank and the game may be completed (laughs). I would like you to know that the current situation is such that we are talking about such a project.

4Gamer:
As far as I can tell from the story, I am relieved that it does not seem to deviate greatly from the image of the "Strikers" series that the fans of the past think of.

Mr. Haragami:
I think it is most important to create a title that will not regret users who have enjoyed the series so far.

Mr. Yoshikawa:
However, the situation of the latest shooting games should be incorporated. I think the graphics and the way to show the production side will be showy because the image quality is higher than at that time.

Mr. Haragami:
I ​​will make the shooting as it is! I think that it is just an escape if I say it. I have a sense of mission to make things that match the current times.

4Gamer:
I'm also worried about the existence of Saikyo bullets*.

* Saikyo bullet: A high-speed bullet that is very difficult to avoid after seeing. Also, a generic name for a series of barrages involving high-speed bullets.

Mr. Haragami:
I think that it is an element that cannot be removed in making Saikyo Shooting.

Mr. Yoshikawa:
Talking from a fan's point of view, there are Saikyo power-up items and bombs at the current resolution, and it's super hot just by the Saikyo bullets flying (laughs).

Mr. Haragami:
The Saikyo shooting game has been popular with users as one category called "Sakyo Shooting". As with the Saikyo ammunition, I feel very honored and honored to be left with words.

Mr. Yoshikawa:
If it is out of the genealogy of Saikyo Shooting, use another IP from the beginning. I have to tell that to the director who actually makes it.

Source (in Japanese): https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999903/20190510088/

Cancelled or not? I don't know Chode, just wanted to save your somewhat lazy bump...