Strike Harbinger - Space Harrier meets Phantasy Star

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Couldn't find a thread about this game, but I just heard about Strike Harbinger recently. Looks to be a competent Space Harrier clone with Phantasy Star inspired elements.

One of the two founding members is a well known gamer by the name of Chris Tang. He was also featured in the documentary - Ecstasy of Order (Tetris Documentary).

Anyway this game already has me pretty hype. I like how it seems to play like a bullet hell shooter in the style of Space Harrier.

Obviously the game is far from complete, but I'm liking what I see so far.

Thoughts???

Link to main site: http://www.strikeharbinger.com

Video of gameplay provided by Segabits and filmed at Galloping Ghost arcade:

EDIT: Whoops, meant to post this is Unrelated Topics. Please move if possible if this is a problem. Thanks!

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Always excited to see new arcade games being developed. Looks like they are using tron joysticks though? Haven't played space harrier in so long would love to Try this out. Codecrank could make a sweet panel for candy cabs too ;-)

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I loved Space Harrier when I got it for the Genesis and I think I'd be in for a new Space Harrier but this doesn't look good enough yet. It has some good points for sure but it gives me a homebrew feel. From what I've sen so far I'd rather play the original arcade version instead of Strike Harbinger.
Hopefully there is a lot of development left to polish it up.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
got to try it out briefly at the GameOn EXPO in Arizona a few weeks. Really enjoyed it. I feels solid, and the controls were great. Looks really nice as well.