Street Fighter II CPS1 cab to CPS2

Akuma632

n00b
So I have a Street Fighter II cab (CPS1) and I would like to play CPS2 games on it.

I know I need to change the kick harness to get it to play correctly but does anyone know of any kick adapters I can get? I'd rather not change out the plugs to the Control Panel and just use the cords that are in place already.

Any ideas where to get them? Thanks for the help & sorry I'm a noob and don't know who would sell them

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I believe someone has done a CPS1 -> CPS2 adapter. If not, talk to Lemony Vengence, he does a lot of cables and such. He could probably make one for you. Changing a CPS1 wired cab to a CPS2 should be fairly straight forward as they used the same buttons on the kick harness.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It's the same thing.
Only the Harness has to be swapped as the terminal is different.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Yeah, but you can get a harness that will have a CPS1 connector and a CPS2 connector on either end so you dont have to rewire all of your buttons

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
There's such, I know it 'cause my friend has it in his SF2CE cab. I believe arcadeshock used to sell this, try ebay though, you might just get lucky, otherwise molex things up and swap the harness as needed.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
There's such, I know it 'cause my friend has it in his SF2CE cab. I believe arcadeshock used to sell this, try ebay though, you might just get lucky, otherwise molex things up and swap the harness as needed.

My Sanwa blast panel came with one, it's basically a cps1 harness and has a JST connector on a small dongle cable and has the standard cps2 connector on the other. Pretty sure lem has made these before as mentioned.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
A low-cast way to make one would be to use a ribbon cable like this Arcade Otaku thread shows for the CPS2 connector:
http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15846

To wire up the CPS1 side, you could solder the ribbon cable to some pitch pins and push that into your existing CPS1 kick harness connector. (Alternately, you could use a Dupont Male to Female cable to wire up things.)

[but yes, as Xian Xi says below...why go to this much trouble?]

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I sell adapters for like $11. Why go through the trouble?

Here's the pics:
CPS2 to CPS1
cps2to1-1.jpg
CPS1 to CPS2
cps1to2-1.jpg

Last edited:

NeoHomeBrew

Overtop Pathfinder
Recently, I have got a CPS2 to CPS1 adpter cable from Xian Xi and and all I can say is that it was made with passion ;)
The adapter is a high quality build and is working perfectly.

kick-harness.jpg

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Second XX's work, I've gotten this same part from him.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Thirded, on the XX adapters. My CPS 2--->ST-V be flawless!