Strange movies you saw as a kid

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
By far, the most bizarre movie I've ever seen was this animated film called A Mouse and His Child. Apparently, I used to watch it constantly! Watching it today...I assume most of the subtle symbolism went right over my head.

Jon

PS: HUGE props if you can make it through the opening song. Fucking atrocious!

Fortune

Zero's Secretary
Treasure of the Four Crowns

I saw it once on TV when I was very young, and have odd disjointed memories of scenes from the movie since. I could never figure out what they were from until recently.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
By far, the most bizarre movie I've ever seen was this animated film called A Mouse and His Child. Apparently, I used to watch it constantly! Watching it today...I assume most of the subtle symbolism went right over my head.

Jon

PS: HUGE props if you can make it through the opening song. Fucking atrocious!

'strange'? damn thats more than strange. made it to 8:15. watched that alot huh? by your own choice? ever seen your birth certificate? rings of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra to me. what do you do? maybe it gets a little less creepy later but that first bit with the name and take me home and perform a function bit stinks like brainwash the adopted kid to me. I think I remember seeing this though_the part where the mouse kid gets flipped particularly.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Toxic Avenger, um don't let your kid watch it when they are seven especially not the fucking unrated version :oh_no:. I am sure it didn't do my developing brain any favors, especially the kid on the bike death scene, I remember leaving the room crying after watching that part.

Skip to 1:40 in

Last edited:

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I remember a Mouse and his Child as a kid and yes, that is a very strange film.

I watched a ton of weird stuff growing up because my dad's a cinephile and will watch just about anything in movie form. Though my weirdest is probably still Strange Invaders.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
When I was a kid, I thought that The Quest (Frog Dreaming) was the best movie ever. Better than ET.

If there is one childhood movie that deserves a remake, it is that one.

Anyways, it wasn't all that odd. I remember seeing tons of crazy shit on Disney/Nickelodeon.

Last edited:

dcsas

Integrated,

nothing but trouble....john candy, chevy chase, demi moore, dan ankroyd and.............. tupac

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Toxic Avenger, um don't let your kid watch it when they are seven especially not the fucking unrated version :oh_no:. I am sure it didn't do my developing brain any favors, especially the kid on the bike death scene, I remember leaving the room crying after watching that part.

Skip to 1:40 in

Same movie I was coming in to add to the list. Probably could say most things Troma, really.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
When I was young and would get to stay up late, sometimes there would strange shows on. One that I liked to watch was Fantastic Planet.

Aside from that one, I really liked Teen Alien. It had awful acting. Next to no plot, and was just all around bad but still quite fun to watch.

Last edited:

dgame

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member

Street Trash. The full movie is also on Youtube.

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Ditto to Fantasic Planet,

... and plenty of other of films that doomed me to be abbynormal.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Same movie I was coming in to add to the list. Probably could say most things Troma, really.

Dudes, my neighbors older bro bought/showed us Toxie and we fuggin loved it - big box style VHS - used from a rental store, it was by far one of our favorite movies of all time - the taco bell scene?!?!? HHAHAHAHAh - Remember when he put the milkshake blender in the guy's mouth? The TACO HAND!! HHAHAHA Oh the weight room scene were he drives the spike through the guys head and he's just a jaw with tongue wiggling??!?! The 80's bewbs - man that shit was insane. I don't recall my specific age right now, but I know I was in 2nd grade when I saw it for the first time! hahahahah - My friend's VHS player had auto tracking a real life saver, ours was shit - you'd have to fix the tracking with up and down buttons on the front panel, every 20 minutes you'd have to lay in front of the TV and adjust. You guys got me fired up with this one sooo good.

I think it might have been poltergeist that scared the shit out of me, one of my earliest movie memories - pretty young. I have no probs with gore or horror, but the fuzzy screen TV on the box art is still kind of creepy to me.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Weird ass kids movie where this kid looses his hair when someone scares him so he puts this peanut butter shit on his head and it doesn't stop growing. I'm sure I wont dissapoint anyone so I'm gonna spoil it but the dude who prescribes him the peanut butter solution did it so he could make magical paint brushes with his hair. This movie was so freaky when I was a kid and I watched it recently... man it was so bad....

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I remember seeing Robocop quite young. When the guy get his by a car after being covered in radiation. That was imprinted for a while.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I remember seeing Robocop quite young. When the guy get his by a car after being covered in radiation. That was imprinted for a while.

Ditto, pretty sure it gave me nightmares. Also seeing Murphy getting blown to bits,was crazy. First time I ever saw the hero of a movie getting wasted so violently.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Silent Running is an awesome movie. Bruce Dern was amazing, he really gave his character feeling that I could get behind and made it easy to believe. A little bit crazy, full of passion for nature, truly believed in the mission, wanting to make the world a better place, and it just all went to hell on him. You could just feel how destroyed he was when they got the order to nuke the forrest.

I admit the storyline and plot were a bit simple, but I think thats part of the charm. Also it kind of allows it to be accessable to a younger audience. Also, what do you do when you're alone in space on a ship with some little robots. Some of the scenes were fun just to see him keeping from going crazy, or at least more so than he may have been.
The whole movie worked, acting, props, effects, music.. It was a rare gem for it's time.

Look on the wall behind you. Look at that little girl's face. I know you've seen it. But you know what she's never going to be able to see? She's never going to be able to see the simple wonder of a leaf in her hand. Because theres not going to be any trees. Now you think about that.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It was some Asian flick about a dead girl helping the forensic doctor to piece back her face from a skull and get her killer. No idea what the title was.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member

Tales from the Darkside: Movie...when I was a kid that movie scared the shit out of me when I saw it on video. I mean..it had a cat in it that killed people and lived in their stomachs for god sakes...

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
I got into alot of adult themed/rated R movies as a kid. It probably started with my discovery of Nightmare on Elm Street, which I discovered when I was fucking 7 years old. (This was in 1985)
From there, I watched alot of fucked up shit. It was also probably around that age I discovered if I snuck out to the livingroom and watched HBO late at night, I'd get to see tits. What a life changing discovery.
None the less, one evening on one of my adolescent titty hunts, I discovered this fucking gem...