Steam Summer Sale is Live

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Ah shit here we go. Looks like nothing of interest today but that'll change quickly i'm sure.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
So much traffic, I keep getting error messages when trying to view the main page.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I grabbed Bastion for $3, Borderlands 2 for $10, and Torchlight 2 for $10. Not too bad.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
I grabbed Bastion for $3, Borderlands 2 for $10, and Torchlight 2 for $10. Not too bad.

Am thinking of getting Borderlands 2 but.., whats better console or pc for this game?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I picked up Skyrim Legendary Ed., and I think I'm going to grab Fez; looks really interesting.

da66en

Zero's Secretary
I haven't been on Steam in a few months. I login yesterday and see: Trading Cards! Foil Trading Cards!

Really? Now we have DLC for the store? Not DLC for a game - this is DLC for the store.

Fascinating.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
this is a question?

Steam is on PC for one.

Am asking about the game, I was gonna buy it for the PS3, so wanted to know if its a better get on a PC or a console(ps3, xbox360). Hopefully Skyrim Legendary goes down more, mayb one of those flash sales.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I haven't been on Steam in a few months. I login yesterday and see: Trading Cards! Foil Trading Cards!

Really? Now we have DLC for the store? Not DLC for a game - this is DLC for the store.

Fascinating.

You do not buy cards. The cards were actually an idea developed by Steam users, and they petitioned for them to make it happen. 1 year later, it happened.
They are kinda like acheivements, but you can also collect and trade. People collect and trade gifted games, so this is kinda built on that.

Today,
FTL
Fez
Walking Dead
Civ V

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
i am going to regret the money I have and will spend on this sale.

I won't be buying Borderlands 2 and Sleeping Dogs, though. I hate the business model.

Look at Sleeping Dogs. As I write, it's $6.24 as part of a %75 off "flash sale."

But if you want the full experience (at least psychologically) you gotta get the DLC. The DLC pack is 27.49 and at a lower discount than the game itself, %50 off.

The fuck.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Borderlands 2 was $10, and the season pass was $10. I will admit I groaned at the character select screen when I realized I had to pay extra for the Mechromancer and Psycho, but they were something like $3 a piece. So Borderlands 2, with both new characters and season pass for all the other shit was a little over $25. That's not bad at all.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The deals have been even better this year. My bank account is going to hate me. I've already bought a bunch of stuff for my account and my little brother's account.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I haven't seen anything particularly great on the main page yet, but it is about time I picked up antichamber as I don't think I have seen it on sale below 50% off until now.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If you need a hidden gem, Wizorb

Magical Drop V , $1.24

Last edited:

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
Some cheap hidden gems.

Noitu Love 2: Devolution $1.49

Critter Crunch $1.46

I don't think I'm going to end up buying any thing in this sale. August is going to be a busy month for me with a bunch of day 1 games.

PC:
Spelunky HD
Pinball Arcade (all of it)
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Metal Gear Rising

PS3:
Dragons Crown

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Some good calls on indie games. If anybody has anymore, post them up. Grabbed Wizorb, Magical Drop V, Wanderlust, Hotline Miami, and Noitu Love 2 Devolution.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Hotline Miami is so good

i'm only grabbing super cheap indie stuff

couple of other games holding my attention and i don't need to go buy a ton of shit (did that last year...)