Steam Summer Picnic Sale

Randomsense

New Challenger
*purchases more games that he wants to play, but inevitably never will because he has a job and a non-gamer girlfriend*

Yep

I do have to say Shaolin vs Wutang does look pretty entertaining. The licensed music is a nice touch!

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I picked up :

Hyper Light Drifter
Koihime Enbu
Kamui
Crimzon Clover ($1.99!!!!!!!)
Typing of the Dead Overkill

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I went with The Walking Dead: Michonne and Insanity Blade.

Is The Typing of the Dead good? It looks like a lot of fun.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Is The Typing of the Dead good? It looks like a lot of fun.
I remember playing it on a friends Dreamcast - it was surprisingly fun, totally crazy idea but well executed.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It's Overkill on Steam, not the OG one. The game is still a blast to play though and worth the 4.99

Ahh, right. I wasn't aware there was a difference. It does look like a lot of fun though.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Stuff I picked up:

Snakebird - Good deep puzzle game where you snake around a level and try not to let gravity kill you. It can be difficult if you don't analyze the level, there's no real tutorial to figure out techniques it's all self found. Something that most modern games severely lack.

Hacknet - Hacking "sim" and pretty neat if that kinda of thing interests you. There's some small goofy visualizations of cracking but nothing like the movie/tv shit of flying through tubes more like tables of random ascii fluttering about.

Suggestions:

The Witness - Myst-like puzzle game that doesn't rely on obtuse ridiculous shit. Giant island with puzzles to solve and things to find, really beautiful and calm setting overall. Super good chill pallet cleansing game. Yeah it's $31.99 but I got 30 hours out of it when I first beat it and still have about 30% of things to do to complete it.

Magnetic By Nature - Kinda buggy physics platforming game but unique to my knowledge. My friend help make it so i'm a little biased, but fuck it. It's only $1.50 and you can easily get that much fun out of it, just refund it in 2 hours if it ain't your jam.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Anybody know if Metal Slug 2 has online multiplayer? I didn't see it in the game description.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I was playing MS2 last night on steam. It doesn't appear to have slowdown at all.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Think I'll stick to the Neo Geo Station version then. that one has the overclocked option as well plus online.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Ahh, right. I wasn't aware there was a difference. It does look like a lot of fun though.

yeah it's a little different than the OG dreamcast version. The game itself is based on House of the Dead Overkill, which has a Tarantino-like over-the-top, crazy 70's vibe to it with tons of violence and cussing. Overall, it is very good, but I wish it had the typing drills from the DC game. There are a few mini games, but they aren't quite the same. Also there seems to be a graphical glitch that I read about, some of the zombies come at you and you can't see their torsos or head, just arms and legs, it's a little weird but you can always visibly see the word bubble to type, so it isn't a huge deal. Also the DLC dictionaries are pretty funny.

It's Overkill on Steam, not the OG one. The game is still a blast to play though and worth the 4.99

agreed! and yeah I shouldve pointed out in my post that it was Overkill not OG

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Mugi is the only person that loves Typing of the Dead more than me. We need to 2p sometime.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Mugi is the only person that loves Typing of the Dead more than me. We need to 2p sometime.

I like it, but I aint so good at it lol.

I've been tempted to get some of the smaller jp Keyboards so I could do a side by side setup.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
That is like the nightmare of how dirty keyboards actually are, turned up to 11 for all the world to see.
...and I'd still play it. Type or Die.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I think that this is what I have gotten so far...

Arma: Cold War Assault
Arma: Gold Edition
Arma 2
Arma 2: British Armed Forces
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
Arma 2: Private Military Company
Arma X: Anniversary Edition
Blood and Bacon
Enemy Front
Fable Anniversary
Half Life 2: Episode Two
Half Life: Blue Shift