StaticX - bought poster from him - NOW RESOLVED!

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
So I bought from StaticX member a few posters a couple of weeks ago. For the first order, it arrived after 3-4 weeks, but had some delay. No problem on that.

The thing comes when some weeks later I bought this Fatal Fury 3 poster from him:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?261318-Last-of-my-SNK-posters-for-sale

And up to now I never received it.
I have tried to PM him several times to provide tracking details or any proof of shipping, and all I get is silence.

I have checked his latest posts and he seems to be gone, does anyone have a reference on how to get in touch with him for a refund?
I know chances for this to happen are unlikely, but I had to try :D

Thanks guys for your input :)

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So I bought from StaticX member a few posters a couple of weeks ago. For the first order, it arrived after 3-4 weeks, but had some delay. No problem on that.

The thing comes when some weeks later I bought this Fatal Fury 3 poster from him:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?261318-Last-of-my-SNK-posters-for-sale

And up to now I never received it.
I have tried to PM him several times to provide tracking details or any proof of shipping, and all I get is silence.

I have checked his latest posts and he seems to be gone, does anyone have a reference on how to get in touch with him for a refund?
I know chances for this to happen are unlikely, but I had to try :D

Thanks guys for your input :)

How did you pay? If you paid via PayPal file a charge back. Gotta be something behind this though, doesn't seem like the type to up and screw people...and if he was a poster doesn't seem like the kind of item to do so with.

*Edit*. It does say in that post that the guy is going through a divorce right now. While that sucks, he probably shouldn't be selling items during it. Hope this gets sorted.

Last edited:

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
thanks for the reply.

Yes I paid via Paypal but as "friend/family", not as a service, and Paypal does not allow me to file a claim in that case :(
His divorce may explain the silence, but still....

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
thanks for the reply.

Yes I paid via Paypal but as "friend/family", not as a service, and Paypal does not allow me to file a claim in that case :(
His divorce may explain the silence, but still....

Yeah don't ever pay via gift. Your only other options are to either wait and hope he comes through or if you paid via a credit card in PayPal you can file a claim with the credit card company. If it was a debit or Paypal balance your only option is to wait.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
if you paid via a credit card in PayPal you can file a claim with the credit card company.
PayPal is pretty much allergic to that... you might get quite some trouble from them if you go that route.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Let's not all go crazy here...

...IF StaticX has done something wrong... it will be dealt with...

UNTIL then... let's wait and see.... just for a little longer...

xROTx

PS. And yes... if he doesn't show up or answer in a convincing way... then I'll revise the options...

EDIT: Leave the pitchforks at home tonight lads... SOMEONE out there contact StaicX for me please....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Screen%20Shot%202016-02-04%20at%2022.20.02_zpscyly8fhn.png

...Not been logged in for about 3 weeks...

One of his friends contact him for us if possible... please...

xROTx

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I shot him a heads up email (different email to the one on his account here).

EDIT: Nevermind, it bounced.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Any News?

...I'm considering putting his account on "Hold"...

xROTx

PS. In the War Room....

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Haven't heard from him yet unfortunately :(
Hopefully he will answer shortly at some point

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Haven't heard from him yet unfortunately :(
Hopefully he will answer shortly at some point

I'm doing what I can man...

...IF I move him to the war room.. I will move this thread too...

He has until the end of the weekend...

xROTx

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
He gave me positive feedback for a transaction thats about 3 weeks old now just last night. So he must have logged in recently.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
He gave me positive feedback for a transaction thats about 3 weeks old now just last night. So he must have logged in recently.

Different guy, that was fakeXsound.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Prob shouldn't have been selling stuff w/irl stuff going on, but I think it's safe to say he's not ruining his rep for $100. I'm sure you'll be made whole, OP. Hopefully in addition to the item / refund, there will be some other amends or appropriate apology.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Prob shouldn't have been selling stuff w/irl stuff going on, but I think it's safe to say he's not ruining his rep for $100. I'm sure you'll be made whole, OP. Hopefully in addition to the item / refund, there will be some other amends or appropriate apology.

^^^^This...

xROTx

PS. Mmhh... inactivity... against kneejerk reaction.... it's a hard decision...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
^^^^This...

xROTx

PS. Mmhh... inactivity... against kneejerk reaction.... it's a hard decision...

Just move him to the war room. He'll be back. I would assume he has the best of intentions, but divorce can do some wacky shit to you sometimes.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Just messaged him via FB and seems like he doesnt have access to the NG acount anymore.
Its good sign he replied quickly via FB, and he has offered to check at the post office and refund if I don't finally get it. Nice guy, he has now added me as friend on FB :)
I'll keep updated on how things go, looks very promising and happy I can get in touch with him :)

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
His account is fine..

...he can email me at neogeorot@gmail.com

xROTx

PS. Because Shawn hasn't mananged to get me an official one yet... he so S L O W ...

My money is on that he doesn't remember the password because he was always logged in on his laptop, which his wife got in the divorce.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
My money is on that he doesn't remember the password because he was always logged in on his laptop, which his wife got in the divorce.

He can contact me DZ pal... I'll put him at the front of the queue...:D

xROTx

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
yeah he mentioned his ex forced him to get rid of 3 email accounts and seems NG was one of these. I dont understand women anymore :(