ST-V case art, Genesis-style

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
LOL looks like the peeps that had their market access revoked are desperately trying to contribute. :keke:

Suck it, losers.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Oh. So that's why the page got bumped. I was wondering what was going on.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it :buttrock:

Will you do inserts for all the other STV games?
Games like Shienryu, Terra Diver...

Really love the Genesis style, it rocks!!!

stormS

Crazed MVS Addict
Fantastic! Finally an opportunity to start cleaning up the collection :)

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Biggest thing keeping me from doing Shienryu and Terra Diver is that there just isn't much in the way of good high-res artwork for those games. At least not that I can find. All the high-res stuff I find just has tons of Japanese text all over it.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Thanks for your answer and your great job the7k.
I'm gonna search for high-res artwork or at least clean artworks pictures, maybe it can help.
If I found something I will tell you.
Many persons got these games, specially Shienryu as it's not a very expensive games, I think it will interest many people.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Not really High-res picture but maybe something is possible with this for Shienryu (clic on the picture make it bigger):
http://www.arcade-gear.com/Games/Hamster/Arcade_Hits_Shienryu_PS_A.jpg

Here is the cover of the sound Tracks CD of Terra Diver, quality looks ok but I don't know what the japanese text on the bottom line means.
If somebody speaking japanese can translate it we'll know if this is disturbing or not.
If that means "official sound track..." it won't be ok to keep this text I think.

Or maybe you can hide this line with the logo's game and the text 32-bit cartridge, if that work you can hide this line by keeping genesis insert style.
http://www.originalsoundversion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/terra_diver_soundtrack.jpg

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
Any thoughts to making box art for the multicart Darksoft is finishing up?

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I would love to see box art for the common games too such as Decathlete / Athlete Kings and Winter Heat?

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Any thoughts to making box art for the multicart Darksoft is finishing up?

I have one on the way eventually, so that'll definitely happen at some point.

I would love to see box art for the common games too such as Decathlete / Athlete Kings and Winter Heat?

Yeah, definitely. Saw an Athlete Kings in Sega Saturn long box and it seems like it would be easy to adapt.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
To the7k: Maybe you can upload the template and other persons can help to create new inserts ?

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
i'm just now seeing these. they look nice. do you need/want a shienryu scan? i can scan in my saturn copy at 300dpi.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
The Final Fight Revenge art is excellent...nice job on these and thanks for sharing.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Just out of interest what genesis sports games feature the big boxes?

I'm eager to get these printed out but have no boxes to store them in...

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary

they're the EA sports big boxes. Tony LaRussa Baseball, College Football, etc. not sure if the UK got this style of case or not.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
they're the EA sports big boxes. Tony LaRussa Baseball, College Football, etc. not sure if the UK got this style of case or not.

Thanks, we got the EA big box games but think these are even bigger.

Just wanted a list of games so I could search easier on eBay.com and import a few :)

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
i'm just now seeing these. they look nice. do you need/want a shienryu scan? i can scan in my saturn copy at 300dpi.

If you can scan at 600dpi, I might be able to use it. Need it at least 600dpi.

Unfortunately, these boxes are very particular. EA used a bunch of different sized boxes when they were releasing games. Two games I know will work are PGA Tour Golf II and Tony La Russa Baseball. I got two of each to put games into. My assumption would be that they will probably be on the older EA games, as I would assume they would switch to thinner cases later on to cut costs. PGA Tour Golf II was 1992 and Tony La Russa Baseball was 1993. Meanwhile, another case I tried but didn't work was NHL 94, which was also released in 93. It was able to hold Atomiswave games, though - it seems like most EA cases will hold Atomiswave games. Standard US Genesis cases won't hold either.

Don't bother with Universal Game Cases, they are too thin for either ST-V or Atomiswave as well. I have an old UGC that I got from many many years ago that hold Atomiswave, but all the current UGCs you can order are way too thin.

Last edited:

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Even better, thanks matey! - Ordered a couple of PGA Tour Golf II's from eBay UK! I feel bad about using the box but I'll keep the insert and cart :S

Don't suppose you know the size of the insert too? If not i'll measure the insert that arrives :)