ST-V case art, Genesis-style

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Hey. Started working on ST-V case art in the style of Genesis/Megadrive covers from ye goode ole days. Hoping to make covers for all of the games that aren't dedicated, mahjong, etc.

Goes on EA Sports Genesis cases that have spines 1.25 inches wide. Otherwise, the cart just won't fit.

Pics of 'em in action
Spoiler:

SsCUPty.jpg
MSZ7kV7.jpg

rskDE9h.jpg

Downloads for you... that I hope work.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Hopefully will make more soon.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Hopefully will make more soon.
I don't own or have never considered owning an ST-V (I'm a console gamer tbh).

However, these look so good, it makes me tempted to buy a consolised unit, just so I can utilise your artwork!

Very nice. I look forward to seeing the Golden Axe & RSG one's next, eh? ;)

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Those looks outstanding. Great job.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Very nice! My understanding is that some of the tabs on the inside of the EA cases need modification for the cart to fit, right?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That AJPW featuring Virtua needs fixed, mang. None of those 'wrasslers are in the game!

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
That AJPW featuring Virtua needs fixed, mang. None of those 'wrasslers are in the game!

Finding high res art for that game is a crap-shoot. I would have loved to use that image I used on the spine for the front cover, but all the images I found were far from 300dpi. If I can find a good quality image of the Saturn cover, I could attempt to re purpose it.

Very nice! My understanding is that some of the tabs on the inside of the EA cases need modification for the cart to fit, right?
Yeah, you will need to do some cutting, bending, etc. I wrote something up about that here. http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/th...om-crap-py-genesis-sports-games--276614.phtml

Looks great! I see some Atomiswave ones too in the pics. :)
I haven't come up with an interesting theme for Atomiswave yet, currently those are just using basic art using flyers and such. I'll do something more interesting for them eventually.

Last edited:

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Those are pretty slick, I dig the retro look they've got!

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I cannot believe my eyes! These are fantastic!

Just when I though creative people had given up creating ST-V covers what with the multi cart and all!

I would love to see the whole set get done (especially Golden Axe The Dual and Final Fight Revenge :D)

Thanks for the great work so far!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I cannot believe my eyes! These are fantastic!

Just when I though creative people had given up creating ST-V covers what with the multi cart and all!

I would love to see the whole set get done (especially Golden Axe The Dual and Final Fight Revenge :D)

Thanks for the great work so far!

The two worst games on the platform :lolz:

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I know I shouldn't LOL at that because it's sad to be a shelf queen but I had to smile at least :D guilty as charged with regards to this game!

6c6560fe0bae81e50c2dd5a5396c5f3a.jpg

Last edited:

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Added Radiant Silvergun and edited AJPWFV

Last edited:

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Added Final Fight Revenge. (Yeah, I didn't WANT to do yet another Poison cover, but the Haggar art I really wanted to use was just too dark. The bright pink just popped so much more.)

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
:cool:

Looks fantastic, thanks for doing these mate

Not a prob, glad to help.

Uploaded Suiko Enbu. Man, that took me a lot more work than I thought it would. Can't believe I spent so long on such a "no one is picking up an ST-V just to play this game" sort of title.

Also uploaded Astra Superstars.

Added Cotton 2.

Added Elan Doree.

Last edited:

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Oh wow. I was thinking about trying to make something like these myself, but I could have never held a candle to what you've done here. Thank you very much.