SSVS Rom Sound Issue?

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
So, came across a sound issue in the SSVS rom while playing it a few weeks back. I have been trying to scour the internet to find some sort of resolution or information on it, but I have not been able to locate anything...

The issue happens during the VS screen where the announcer says the name of both of your characters. If you choose the character Basara then there is a sound distortion pop when the announcer states the characters name. It is pretty obvious.

I have tested the rom in MAME, FBA, and Kawaks. MAME and FBA seem to have the issue there pretty blatantly, but I think in Kawaks they were able to reduce the audio of the distortion (still sounds like it's there kind of).

So, is this the rom dump that is part of the romset that is available online or is this an emulation issue that still has not been ironed out? If it is an emulation issue, are there other games that have sound glitches as well?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If SVC has the same issue then it's emulation.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
If SVC has the same issue then it's emulation.

I have not heard of SvC having any sort of sound issues. Would you know what specifically to test to see if it is reproducible on SvC? If it is emulation, would it be emulation specifically regarding the SNK PCM-2 and how it is doing sound decryption? Not sure if you would have the answer, but no harm in asking. I did test SSV (since it also has a PCM-2), but unfortunately was unable to replicate it as SSV does not have a versus screen...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Whoops, misread this.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I too can replicate this issue in MAME, 120-in-1 and 161-in -1 multicarts but not on the legit cart.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you were unable to replicate it on another game that uses the PCM2, it could just be a bad dump of the V-roms.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
If you were unable to replicate it on another game that uses the PCM2, it could just be a bad dump of the V-roms.

Yes, I am thinking this might be the case. I am trying to convince a friend to dump his V roms to compare.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I dont have any information I can offer sorry. I guess someone will need to dump the V ROMs.