SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

syringe

Banned
Kenny Boy said:
I just got word from a member that had his system modded with a Uni-Bios 2.0 & a "fixed" SS5S. He says that the fatalities do NOT work. There is more blood than before, but the fatalities are still censored using the Uni-Bios.

So the question to figure out is if they've actually gone and removed the fatality data from the "fixed" carts or if they're just locked away using a different method ?

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
My guess is they removed the lock to the fatalities, but they modified it so that the zetsumei ougis had no dismemberments and the generic fatalities disappeared as that in SS5.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Scanline said:
So the question to figure out is if they've actually gone and removed the fatality data from the "fixed" carts or if they're just locked away using a different method ?

yes ... the answer will be worth the checking (/making sure of) regardless of what it may be.

let's see if someone can send Raz a fixed cart.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
yes ... the answer will be worth the checking (/making sure of) regardless of what it may be.

let's see if someone can send Raz a fixed cart.

I would just need a dump of the p1 and p2 from the cart, it would be better than the entire cart,.

Raz

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
sorry if this was already covered Razoola but if you are using unibios 2.0 on a SSVS MVS cart playing in AES mode, will you encounter any problems with your fixes? or should you not even bother and stay in MVS mode the whole time?

thanks.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
kafuin_gaira said:
sorry if this was already covered Razoola but if you are using unibios 2.0 on a SSVS MVS cart playing in AES mode, will you encounter any problems with your fixes? or should you not even bother and stay in MVS mode the whole time?

thanks.

I have no idea about this because I dont know how complete AES mode is on the MVS version. I know for example there is no pratice mode option in the AES game menu. No problems have been reported so far but then again not many people have SSVS MVS either. The fatal fixes arnt even needed with the MVS version of the game anyways.

There is one potential problem that effects a few games thats mentioned in the manual and thats regarding the AES game options screen initially being currupted (happens under certin conditions) in some games and I suspect SSVS is one of them. It will be like that until you set things how you want it in that screen and then experiance a game over so the settings are saved to backup RAM.

Raz

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
SSZS MVS runs flawlessly in AES mode.
It's just missing the Practice mode, as Raz stated.

I guess they decided to add the Practice mode in the AES version to make up for the censorship. :rolleyes:

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
interesting, ss has never had a practice mode before.

thanks for the replies, good info.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
The Practice mode is cool but I think Playmore didn't try real hard...
The way you have to choose your characters is lame, they should have just used the character selection screen.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Where the F$*K is everyone getting these SSVS MVS kits?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I'm sure I'll be able to snag one in the future...and I WILL. The home cart is holding me over for now with the uni 2.0.
BARE cart preferred.
-BB

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
rfrank_1981 said:
Any news about the Sound Fixes.... Im still waiting for those files !!! :D

Greetings

Victor

There is a fix for the sounds already with the unibios 2.0

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
There is no code, it's basically a special cheat thats been added to the cheat engine .

Raz