SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Status update

07:33:07 [Razoola] Added a cheat to unlock fatalities which were censored out of the AES original cart.
07:33:15 [Razoola] Added other 11 cheats to the database for the game.
07:33:22 [Razoola] Added CRC info into the CRC database (for the original AES cart only so far).
07:33:30 [Razoola] Fixed the red NeoGeo unibios logo (was not centered) when this game used.
07:33:39 [Razoola] Fixed sound in the Jukebox if accessed from poweron.
07:33:50 [Razoola] Removed the protection stoping the game from running in Arcade mode on AES hardware.
07:34:05 [Razoola] thats whats corrected so far compared to unibios v1.3
07:35:54 [Razoola] Im just gonna check the pratice mode bug now

PS: no solution on the sound bug yet - it seems to happen ins all rounds except winning in round 4.

Last edited:

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
galfordo said:
Wow .... looks like he already got them working. I'm just wondering if it's a complicated matter, or is it just as simple as getting the game to run in MVS mode or something like that? At any rate, this is great news. The sound glitch is a relatively minor problem IMO, when compared to the removal of the fatalities.
I agree I would much rather have fatalities than a missing flute. Raz has really came through for the community. :D

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
A lot of people are talking/asking about socketed bios, so here is my response:

I've been installing sockets since I heard UNI-BIOS 1.3 was coming out just in case someone wanted to update down the line. If you've had your system modified by me, say in the last 6 to 9 months, it most likely has a socket already. You can just plug in a uni-bios and go.

If someone is looking for a pre-modified system, every system from JapanGamesNow.com that I've modified will have the socket in place.

For everyone that *I* have modified their system in the past and I didn't install a socket, I will install one for $10 + the cost of return shipping. If you're looking for all system mods, there is no additional charge as a socket is part of the standard install now.

For those that want to buy a UNI-BIOS, I have an arrangement with Raz on each one I *install* into a system (I don't sell loose chips). There is a $5 upgrade charge from the Debug to the UNI-BIOS, which I send directly to Raz.

Raz: Great work on this matter! You rock :)

Jeff

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
07:42:40 [Razoola] ok, if your in pratice mode and have the full violence cheat enabled, after you kill with a fatal it goes back to the pratice menu
07:43:54 [Razoola] if you dont have it enabled it simply waits for you to press the start button
07:44:16 [Razoola] once you press that it goes back to the menu also
07:44:45 [Razoola] heh, Im gonna look for extra characters now maybe

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
This is superb news! Your a champ Raz :)

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
this was well worth sneaking online at work...
:D

it's beautiful, just beautiful...
:crying:

omnedon

Astra Superstar
I could kiss you Raz! :multi_co: And yout too TGH! Heroes I daresay!

Sound issues or no, my SSVS cart is going NOWHERE. I'm not risking losing those uber cool fatalities.

Last edited:

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
08:07:33 [Razoola] no hidden characters by the looks of it
08:07:46 [Razoola] I also did another fatal that wasent a ZO
08:08:14 [Razoola] no fix for the music bug yet though

Looks like we have the generic fatalities as well as the Zetsumei Ougi fatalities.
Practice Mode is fixed. Just the minor sound glitch that only occurs at the end of the fight. (no "ShoubuAri")...but who cares now that we have the good stuff.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
:multi_co: :buttrock:

Thank you all for your efforts.
You all should be proud! THANKS!

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
JMKurtz said:
A lot of people are talking/asking about socketed bios, so here is my response:

I've been installing sockets since I heard UNI-BIOS 1.3 was coming out just in case someone wanted to update down the line. If you've had your system modified by me, say in the last 6 to 9 months, it most likely has a socket already. You can just plug in a uni-bios and go.

If someone is looking for a pre-modified system, every system from JapanGamesNow.com that I've modified will have the socket in place.

For everyone that *I* have modified their system in the past and I didn't install a socket, I will install one for $10 + the cost of return shipping. If you're looking for all system mods, there is no additional charge as a socket is part of the standard install now.

For those that want to buy a UNI-BIOS, I have an arrangement with Raz on each one I *install* into a system (I don't sell loose chips). There is a $5 upgrade charge from the Debug to the UNI-BIOS, which I send directly to Raz.

Raz: Great work on this matter! You rock :)

Jeff

Could I send my unmod aes to you for the unibios and s-video/stereo mod?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Absolutely Amazing. Well done Raz. and thank you.

I think we need to know the number of people who want the game unfixed now that the Fatalities were unlocked.

the number of carts that will be sent to SNKP should be "Lessened".

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
This is great news!

Thank you for all your efforts! :buttrock:
(now I have to mod my NeoGeo, I guess)

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Great news. Like butta said this makes me want to buy the game now.

You are a wizard with that bios, raz. Now can you find the code to make Mina and Nako make out at the end of a fight? LOL.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dallas_Five said:
You are a wizard with that bios, raz. Now can you find the code to make Mina and Nako make out at the end of a fight? LOL.

I'd rather have Mina and Poppy, doggy style.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
you'll prolly be hearing from me and many others once Raz's new UniBIOS is available...
;)

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
I also do the Uni-Bios installation, along with full mods to the AES/MVS systems.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well,

while this is great to hear I am still disappointed about the sound gliches. kinda sucks in a way if you think about it

1) you keep the old copy, mod your system and are able to do fatalities but the sound gliches are still present

2) you fix the sound gliches but get modified fatalities.

I would think the sound gliches can not be fixed, because if it was not fixed by unlocking the fatalites. it seems more like a true programming bug.

Phil

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Big Bruno said:
well,

while this is great to here still disappointed about the sound gliches. kinda sucks in a way if you thank about it

1) you keep the old copy mode your system and able to do fatalities but the sound gliches

2) you fix the sound gliches but get modified fatalities

no to say the sound gliches can not be fixed, but if it was not fixed buy unlocking the fatalites now it seems more like a true programming bug.

Phil

I think that Raz will be able to fix it too, but it will take one or more uni versions, I think. The great achievement is the fatality thing, the rest can be done without rush.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Verythrax said:
I think that Raz will be able to fix it too, but it will take one or more uni versions, I think. The great achievement is the fatality thing, the rest can be done without rush.

Yeah, if the sounds are there, it is possible, right?

But I think that the questions of many have been answered. Now people can make decisions of keeping their copy or ordering the unfixed ones from the NeoStore. Well before the deadline, the 18th.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
Well since JMkurtz and kenny boy are plugged, I may was well too. I'm in Canada, and can perform the mods as well. :glee:

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
This is great news man!!!! I have my Neo Modded with the Developers chip, but now it looks like it;s time to upgrade!

Is the Unibios easy to use?